What to spend your £15/$25 Play Store Credit on?

Guest mparack

Guest mparack

So, you've ordered the Nexus 7 after finger numbing refreshes of the crashing play store checkout. And you are getting this free £15/$25 credit. Which apps/games is your money best spent on?

My first preference was going to be a good keyboard app like Swiftkey but looking at the JB features, I might not need it.

Guest lordjubblydave

im Not sure, actually.

Has anyone got their credit?.

I will probably spend it on some Tegra optimised games.

Also some magazines, perhaps.

I already have most apps that i require.

Guest dbbloke

Nexus 7 Cover? Seems the obvious thing. Depends if anyone builds one with a Keyboard built in though like the MS one.

Maybe some more device accessories as it has an EHCI host controller.

usb otg host cable

MHL cable(either micro usb or usb)

micro usb - powered usb2/3 hub

3g-wifi hotspot / booster thingy

Charging dock / something to make it into a padfone/transformer.

Software... bought it mostly already.

Ubuntu 11 Desktop and the case mentioned above with keyboard would be pretty sweet for £15 :)

Edited by dbbloke

Guest j1mmy g88

No idea what I would spend mine on, maybe a few games, prob nothing special. Just want to get my hands on it more than anything right now. Looking forward to having the new transformers film on it, and looking forward to what the other free stuff we will be getting

Guest Shuflie

I've preordered from currys with 5% discount code ABER5, 5% quidco and free delivery - total saving of about £30 over Google price (if they validate quidco). Not sure if it comes with the £15 play credit and free content, but if it does this would have to be bargin of the year. Already have quite a few Tegra games for my One X, can't wait to see how they look on the bigger screen.

Edited by Shuflie

Guest masterpfa

It's a shame Magazines & TV Shows won't be available in the UK as I would probably spent mine on Media content and/or Games

Which Games? still trying to decide

Guest chrisbarker

I'd be surprised if it worked like that. I assume each devices unique identifier is tied to the first account it is registered to....

Guest PaulOBrien

Log in from multiple accounts on your nexus7 get free credit on each account... That is not meant to happen.

That doesn't work does it?

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Yes, factory reset and login with a different account each time and receive free credit each time

That doesn't work. At least not for me?

P

Guest hecatae

That doesn't work. At least not for me?

P

See android police reported it and confirmed it did. So either Google fixed and it did work or it never worked.

Guest chrisbarker

I actually tried last night, it seems that maybe technically it's possible. On signing another account in after reset and trying to buy something where the payment method should be it said something like "£15 when you add a card". I added my credit card, however never received the credit.

I thought it might be that they somehow linked that credit card and details with the details from my main account... that being said I have a second debit card which is in my name and is linked with another account I share with my dad. He registered his brand new nexus s with this account and that received the credit fine.

The verdict for me is that it's probably more hassle than it's worth if it work s at all...

Edited by chrisbarker