Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm trying a new way of packing some stuff which should make butter even more smooth. Downside of this is i'm re-engineering everything and not using any files from Jr1. Upside is you know you're getting all the new goodness. :P

P

Guest Brembo109
I'm trying a new way of packing some stuff which should make butter even more smooth. Downside of this is i'm re-engineering everything and not using any files from Jr1. Upside is you know you're getting all the new goodness. :P

P

That sounds awesome. :-D

Guest tehgeekguy

P

That's great news, thanks Paul!

Do you think that means it'll push Jr2 back a day or so, or do you still expect to have it ready today?

Edited by tehgeekguy

Guest PaulOBrien

Update online! Prebake online later today (i'm gonna have my tea first) :-p

P

Changelog

11th July 18:30

• Completely rebuilt for the JRO03C release
  • New kitchen options
  • Re-added Apex Launcher option
  • New MCR repack scripts aimed at extra butter

Guest tehgeekguy

Wipe coming from jr1?

Shouldn't be any need. It never hurts to do a clean install, but I did a dirty update (no wipe) from Jr1 and it's working fine.

Guest bitbit

Paul, just flashed the new Rom. Most things work great. I noticed that the circle battery mod option is not working (I chose it but I still get the stock battery icon). Also, the stock keyboard seems to be missing.Thanks again for the great Rom!

Guest rubenGN

Thanks for the fast update!

But the stock Android keyboard seems to be missing. And if I'm trying to install the TB backup of the 4.1 keyboard, it only force closes.

Edit: To slow :-)

But the Circle Mods works for me.

Edited by rubenGN

Guest PaulOBrien
Paul, just flashed the new Rom. Most things work great. I noticed that the circle battery mod option is not working (I chose it but I still get the stock battery icon). Also, the stock keyboard seems to be missing.Thanks again for the great Rom!

Stock keyboard missing?

Bizarro, will check that now.

P

Guest tehgeekguy

Thanks for the fast update!

But the stock Android keyboard seems to be missing. And if I'm trying to install the TB backup of the 4.1 keyboard, it only force closes.

Edit: To slow :-)

Ha, sure enough, it is missing. I would have never known since I use Swype, but I definitely had the option to keep the keyboard checked before I cooked the rom. Weird.

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi Paul,

I'm an ad-free member but I cannot use the ktichen? I'm brought to a page to purchase ad-free instead.

Refresh / clear cache!

P

Guest Saintscar

yeah keyboard is missing

i also chose "ears" and "magazines", but can't see any of them? (also don't see apks in the zip) oO

Edited by Saintscar

Guest PaulOBrien

yeah keyboard is missing

i also chose "ears" and "magazines", but can't see any of them? (also don't see apks in the zip) oO

They're auto-hidden by the system if you're in the UK. APKs are right in the kitchen, GoogleEars.apk and Magazines.apk.

P

Guest gn00my

also here keyboard missing after full wipe . will try to download again then

edit : ok , working now :-) thanks for the update Paul

Edited by gn00my

Guest Saintscar

They're auto-hidden by the system if you're in the UK. APKs are right in the kitchen, GoogleEars.apk and Magazines.apk.

P

ah i see, so they're only working in the us right now?

Guest bitbit

Did you choose one of the modaco UI options (ie. menu button location)? I chose none of the options, but I did choose power menu mod. The power menu mod works fine but I am not getting the circle battery.

Anyone having issue with google map? It can't tell where I am even though I have all the location services enabled. I flashed Franco's JB217 kernel so it may have something to do with that. I will try flashing the rom again to see if that helps. Just curious if google map is working for everyone else.