Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Toya78

Equalizer is working here, no problems

No problems here either.

God... so... trying to wipe and reinstall.

Thanks for your contributions :)

Edited by Toya78

Guest arich
How do you mean?

P

I mean that on prior phones I could long-press the search button to pop up a quick compose box with handcent, made texting infinitely easier. With Jelly Bean I don't seem to have that choice anymore.

Guest bolmedias

I'm getting a very strange error on this ROM when I try to install apps using ADB. This is the ADB output:

adb install FILENAME.apk

4118 KB/s (9716480 bytes in 2.304s)

pkg: /data/local/tmp/FILENAME.apk

Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_APK]
This is the logcat output:

W/zipro   (19315): Unable to open zip '/data/local/tmp/FILENAME.apk': Permission denied

D/asset   (19315): failed to open Zip archive '/data/local/tmp/FILENAME.apk'

D/dalvikvm(  340): WAIT_FOR_CONCURRENT_GC blocked 0ms

W/PackageParser(19315): Unable to read AndroidManifest.xml of /data/local/tmp/FILENAME.apk

W/PackageParser(19315): java.io.FileNotFoundException: AndroidManifest.xml

W/PackageParser(19315):  at android.content.res.AssetManager.openXmlAssetNative(Native Method)

W/PackageParser(19315):  at android.content.res.AssetManager.openXmlBlockAsset(AssetManager.java:487)

W/PackageParser(19315):  at android.content.res.AssetManager.openXmlResourceParser(AssetManager.java:455)

W/PackageParser(19315):  at android.content.pm.PackageParser.parsePackageLite(PackageParser.java:722)

W/PackageParser(19315):  at com.android.defcontainer.DefaultContainerService$1.getMinimalPackageInfo(DefaultContainerService.java:169)

W/PackageParser(19315):  at com.android.internal.app.IMediaContainerService$Stub.onTransact(IMediaContainerService.java:110)

W/PackageParser(19315):  at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:367)

W/PackageParser(19315):  at dalvik.system.NativeStart.run(Native Method)

W/DefContainer(19315): Failed to parse package

W/ActivityManager(  340): No content provider found for permission revoke: file:///data/local/tmp/FILENAME.apk

This hasn't happened on any other ROM I've been on, ICS or Jelly Bean, and I have no problem pushing the apk to /sdcard and then installing it on the phone itself. I also have no problem installing it to other phones using adb. I'm using the secure boot image with adb patch so I don't see why I should be having this problem. Any suggestions?

Guest Kallax4

Anyone ???? please help

Hi Paul.. thanks for your good work...

Got a problem, got the new build baked and cooked ;-) JRO03D / 4.1.1 / GSM

Tried to update the kernel to the stable one 3.10 and the phone dont boot

stock on the Google lockscreen, cant go in i recovery mode ???

What to do ???

Edited by Kallax4

Guest PaulOBrien

Small update, Jr5 prebakes online later today.

P

Changelog

25 July Jr6

• Updated various third party apps
  • Various internal fixes and improvements

Guest WillJitsu

I mean that on prior phones I could long-press the search button to pop up a quick compose box with handcent, made texting infinitely easier. With Jelly Bean I don't seem to have that choice anymore.

I totally agree. It's pretty annoying.

Guest jmagee

Surely this is a handcent issue not a ROM issue. Hell I stopped using handcent when go SMS came out and neither of those have been near my nexus.

Guest Elisha82

P

Changelog

25 July Jr6

Will you be reducing the Nav Bar height?

Guest PaulOBrien

Will you be reducing the Nav Bar height?

I had a look at this but I couldn't really find a value that looked right. Any preference?

Hi Modaco,

I think my account is locked, but this is not right!

Will you unlock my account please?

Account locked? How do you mean?

P

Guest Kallax4

Anyone ???? please help

Hi Paul.. thanks for your good work...

Got a problem, got the new build baked and cooked ;-) JRO03D / 4.1.1 / GSM

Tried to update the kernel to the stable one 3.10 and the phone dont boot

stock on the Google lockscreen, cant go in i recovery mode ???

What to do ???

:-) Fixeed made a hard factory reset.....and installed JRO03D / 4.1.1 / GSM again.. working fine

Guest Elisha82

I had a look at this but I couldn't really find a value that looked right. Any preference?

P

How about 32 or 36.

Edited by Elisha82

Guest cassio

P

Changelog

25 July Jr6

Sorry, is this 5 or 6? :P

Guest WillJitsu

Paul, is it possible to implement the Search button in the same way that they did in BAMF Paradigm v2.0? For some reason, when I enable it using your kitchen, it does not recognize long-press Search. Thanks for the great rom. I've been running it since Jellybean came out.

Guest GUCCI OMNIA

Thanks Paul! I just flashed Jr5 and it is a beauty! I love how the home page rotates. The rotation lock mod is useful when lying in bed. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=207159

A couple noob questions, hoping someone can answer please:

1) i have both superSU and super user installed. Should i delete one.?.. which one?...just uninstall it like any other app?

2) what is the point of using the odex app?...is that so i can recieve future OTA'S?

3) will lichit's nav bar mods mess up having the recovery in the power menu? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1747632

Cheers,

Edited by GUCCI OMNIA

Guest Sadist

I am having to charge my phone three times each day - when I updated from stock to this ROM my battery is terrible might have to revert back to your first ROM Paul. Nobody else experiencing this? Any ideas? It even drains with mobile data and all location services off. Not good :-(

Guest Brembo109
I am having to charge my phone three times each day - when I updated from stock to this ROM my battery is terrible might have to revert back to your first ROM Paul. Nobody else experiencing this? Any ideas? It even drains with mobile data and all location services off. Not good :-(

No problems with batterie here, my device looses less then 1% per hour. Wifi, GPS and Sync enabled. Did you an clean install, with everything wiped?

Guest jmagee

Worth having a look at what's eating it. I noticed Amazon apps draining mine so uninstalled it. Fine now

Guest MacAllan

It feels like Jr5 has less drain then Jr4, but it's still more drain then ICS rom.

I have a feeling that auto brightness gives a higher setting then before and is cousing the higher battery drain.

Edited by MacAllan

Guest mark2410

hmmm i cant seem to get google music to work, it doesnt ask me to sign in it jut looks for onboard music of which there is none.

Guest Brembo109
It feels like Jr5 has less drain then Jr4, but it's still more drain then ICS rom.

I have a feeling that auto brightness gives a higher setting then before and is cousing the higher battery drain.

He is moaning about drain when the phone is sleeping, so display consumption is no reason here. I have better batterie with Franco kernel r225 in JB then in ICS before.