MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

1498 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

With all the chatter of JB's greatness I gotta give it a try, dragging me away from AOKP and my beloved themes and setup, but gotta be an MCR special bake with at least some inverted apps... Just waiting for the oven to go ping...

Posted · Report post

[quote name='vagelis' timestamp='1340914873' post='1979134']

Same issue, even with the pre-bake :(
[/quote]
I had systemUI force closes and wasn't able to fix it.

I had to do a full wipe and the JB rom worked. Worth it though, JB is nice.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='djmcnz' timestamp='1340911786' post='1979093']

Wipe and report back. It's a different version of Android so best practice irrespective of the reports from other people.[/quote]

Is it doable to wipe, then restore apps and data apps with titanium backup? Had so many work putting my phone as I like it... don't wanna lose hours again customizing again. Lol

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Paulo Nobrega' timestamp='1340909275' post='1979070']
Does anyone know if Franco kernel updater updates to the jelly bean kernel? Nightly builds?[/quote]

And this? Can anyone confirm?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Paulo Nobrega' timestamp='1340916551' post='1979145']

[/quote]
Franco Kernel Updater is FC'ing for me.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jmagee' timestamp='1340912904' post='1979114']
I would also like to add thanks. And finally coming round to my way of thinking with no search button, just leave it on the bar. I like symmetry :-)

Edit 1: I'm also having issues with system.ui but hey what's new :-) just getting fc and no keys at all. Trying a clean install now with custom options otherwise will nandroid and try again tomorrow. Kinda liking the new boot screen

Edit 2: with a full wipe and install it works no problem
[/quote]

Search button is kind of not needed anymore, long pressing the home button you can go to search. Symmetry is an other thing, but we could use that space to something else mayne?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Paulo Nobrega' timestamp='1340916551' post='1979145']
[/quote]

I think that franco was quite busy with compiling kernels for both ics and jb. So I guess he didn't update yet the app. But you should actually ask that in francos thread in xda for that.

[quote name='munkiii' timestamp='1340916752' post='1979147']
Franco Kernel Updater is FC'ing for me.
[/quote]

Do you still use stock kernel with the app? Probably is because of that if you still do.

Posted · Report post

Hi Paul,

great work - thanx! Works fine so far.
The only thing I´m missing is a way to change LCD Density - may be as an option in the kitchen.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CaspaTheGhost' timestamp='1340915351' post='1979139']
With all the chatter of JB's greatness I gotta give it a try, dragging me away from AOKP and my beloved themes and setup, but gotta be an MCR special bake with at least some inverted apps... Just waiting for the oven to go ping...
[/quote]

Just flashed, liking the boot animation...

Posted · Report post

Anyone getting a slow camera focus and slow shutter speed on this pre bake? Was very fast on the last mcr.... I tried full wipe but very long delay between button press to photo take... :-(

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ed.dark' timestamp='1340919169' post='1979173']Anyone getting a slow camera focus and slow shutter speed on this pre bake? Was very fast on the last mcr.... I tried full wipe but very long delay between button press to photo take... :-([/quote]
No problems here, fast as normal

Posted · Report post

Did one more clean install with a new bake from the kithcen, Titanium doesn't fcs anymore, everything is working great but I noticed something strange with both Superuser and SuperSU, I don't any prompt anymore in both about granting su access in the apps.

Another thing that I noticed is that some of the options in the kitchen are not working like should be, even if I chose not to have wallet I still got it in the ROM.

Posted · Report post

OK... worked. I did a full wipe and restored apps with Titanium. No more FCS por no buttons.
Franco kernel updater also crashes here. But im still using kernel that came with this ROM. Going to xda to get new one.
Still testing but didnt noticed any big issues so far.
The only thing is cell radio bar. Not even a bar. Empty. Installed new radio

Posted · Report post

is there any way to rid of the persistant search bar at the top of the screen?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='dimmanramone' timestamp='1340919860' post='1979185']Did one more clean install with a new bake from the kithcen, Titanium doesn't fcs anymore, everything is working great but I noticed something strange with both Superuser and SuperSU, I don't any prompt anymore in both about granting su access in the apps.

Another thing that I noticed is that some of the options in the kitchen are not working like should be, even if I chose not to have wallet I still got it in the ROM.[/quote]

Strange... wallet didnt install here

Posted · Report post

I like the search button, every app has the search button in different places, if they have it, I prefer to have a dedicated search button on the same place every time. Saves me time and effort in remembering or searching for the button on the app I'm using.
It's the same with the menu button, it's not needed, because every app needs to have a settings button now, but I still use the invisible menu button every time, because it's always in the same place

Posted · Report post

Grrr. Installed the new Rom and asked me again for the network unlock code...
Now the codes I've got from samsungunlock.com are not working.
My phone is locked again :-(

Posted · Report post

Would like percentage battery meter too if possible Paul, no rush but it would be nice. I'll wait for that and CM Dialer before I flash again. First flash I had no Phone app, reflashed and it's appeared..

Posted · Report post

just flashed this today and am loving it!! seemed like the kitchen was having a few issues initially today around 1pm CST usa time, my zips wouldn't flash but baked a new one at 3pm and all installed well! notice that the calendar app isn't showing in Google now.

jellybean does feel fast and the new notifcations tray is nice too! :) nice rom Paul!! thanks for the great early rom! feels almost stable release like :D

Posted · Report post

[quote name='PaulOBrien' timestamp='1340912871' post='1979112']
Flash the pre-bake as a working starting point!

Sounds like you have a rogue option...?
[/quote]

Good call - downloaded the pre-bake, transfered it to the phone using adb-windows push command and then attempted the load it. Everything appears to work, but when I reboot it still just sits at the X for ever.

I've got a retail device, so I had to unlock it which resulted in a wipe before doing any of these loads. So the device was clean and fresh before doing the loads.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Posted (edited) · Report post

[s]one thing i've noticed though is that in google now, you don't have the calendar options. [/s] i have an upcoming meeting at 9am tomorrow but never get it to show on the "next appointment" command. perhaps it needs to be closer to the time of the appointment?

update: i'm an impatient idiot. just needs to be within 12 hours of the appointment ^_^ loving it! Edited by seamonkey420

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mike Temporale' timestamp='1340932252' post='1979244']
Good call - downloaded the pre-bake, transfered it to the phone using adb-windows push command and then attempted the load it. Everything appears to work, but when I reboot it still just sits at the X for ever.

I've got a retail device, so I had to unlock it which resulted in a wipe before doing any of these loads. So the device was clean and fresh before doing the loads.

Any other suggestions are welcome.
[/quote]

i'd go and get the Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.4 which lets you boot into CWR recovery w/o installing it and in turn i would do a system/factory reset, cache wipe, dalvik cache wipe and then re-flash the prebake zip via temp cwr. however, i went from a stock developer image w/root to this rom by installing cwr recovery and then updating via it. i did have a few issues initially today w/kitchen baked roms, i think it was a server side issue since after a few hours ago all of the bakes i've made via the kitchen have been installing w/o any errors or problems.

Posted · Report post

Wiped from CWR and restored from TiBu

Everything seems to be ok so far....

Thank you all for the feedback, and thank you Master Coder Chef Paul

Posted · Report post

[quote name='seamonkey420' timestamp='1340933199' post='1979246']
i'd go and get the Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.4 which lets you boot into CWR recovery w/o installing it and in turn i would do a system/factory reset, cache wipe, dalvik cache wipe and then re-flash the prebake zip via temp cwr. however, i went from a stock developer image w/root to this rom by installing cwr recovery and then updating via it. i did have a few issues initially today w/kitchen baked roms, i think it was a server side issue since after a few hours ago all of the bakes i've made via the kitchen have been installing w/o any errors or problems.
[/quote]

Good call - I just booted into recovery, and then did the cache wipe, dalvik wipe, and then a factory reset. After that rebooted and it finally started up without issues. Now to try the custom kitchen rom. :)

Thanks for the help!!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='strykerouge' timestamp='1340881970' post='1978771']
Hope this ROM will not have the Wifi issue.
Got my nexus to 4.1 but wifi wouldn't work unless i set a static IP.

Also flashing SuperSU-v0.92 doesn't root it. Getting some "installation failed" error.

Hope this ROM will be out soon... :)
[/quote]Confirming SuperSU doesn't work, Superuser doesn't work either