• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

1498 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Awesome stuff

Edited by Jeremyaayala

Posted

I suspect the offline gallery excludes Photosphere from the camera. ie it's closed source.

P

or some of the grunt for processing is done in the cloud.... is there any way to check?

Posted

Is there a way to not have the search button as the default option in the kitchen? I tried building a ROM with none of the "Modaco UI Options" selected, but the search button is still present after flashing (on both landscape and non-landscape launcher options).

Thanks

Posted

The search button also just appeared in my build too but I selected menu button both side also active when hidden. The search boxes are grayed out also.. :blink:

Other than that, this is a really nice fluid ROM as always. Cheers.

Posted

Will cwm work on Jr8?

Posted

Had an update this evening

Posted

Is there a way to disable the search soft button in the navbar? I feel retarded but I can't find where to disable it and keep the standard 3 buttons (back, home, recent apps)

Posted

Is there a way to disable the search soft button in the navbar? I feel retarded but I can't find where to disable it and keep the standard 3 buttons (back, home, recent apps)

It's a ui option that's baked in, check which boxes you have selected.

Posted (edited)

It's a ui option that's baked in, check which boxes you have selected.

Thanks for the reply.

The thing is I don't have any of the boxes checked under the UI section for the menu buttons. Is there a certain one I should have checked to eliminate the search key? It's not obvious to me.

EDIT: I've now tried configuring 3 different versions with different boxes checked for the menu keys as that seems to be the only section that has anything to do with the search key. However, none of them seem to disable the search key. Why is this so obnoxious? What am I missing?

Edited by Sn0warmy

Posted (edited)

Not sure...

I pick menu on both sides active when hidden. Which for a spell was the standard option. It could be a bug which Paul will pick up on tomorrow if others have the issue which appears to be the case. Blame the people who wanted search as Paul initially said he'd leave it out :rolleyes:

Edited by jmagee

Posted

The keyboard is good but i prefer standard edition ;) sorry Paul is possibile change PNG in systemui apk for change it? Is simply with root explorer if i use i have the problem? Thanks

Posted

I just built out of the kitchen, and didn't select any menu ui mods. But I still have the back, home, search, and app button. I'll just stick with this til the battery mod is included then flash again.

Posted

I can't pinch to zoom in Gmail. Anyone else? I chose in the kitchen Gmail installed to /system partition.

Posted

I can't pinch to zoom in Gmail. Anyone else? I chose in the kitchen Gmail installed to /system partition.

I can't pinch to zoom in Gmail on any platform, including stock 4.2 on my Nexus 7. It sounds like a good idea!

Posted

I was careful NOT to select the search button, but got it anyway.

Posted

I can't pinch to zoom in Gmail on any platform, including stock 4.2 on my Nexus 7. It sounds like a good idea!

To enable pinch to zoom in Gmail, you need to enable it first in General settings -> Auto fit messages

Posted

I'll check that UI option, strange!

P

Posted

That's a shame, I'm a big fan of the search button as it's the best way to access search in several apps, K9 for one.. But if it's difficult to get them into 4.2 then I understand.

Thanks for your work on this Paul.

+1

Posted

Hello Paul,

I have not noticed more reboots. nor the SOD.

But i have noticed that after disconnecting wifi, it will take a very long time to connect to 3G, or it will not connect at all. Only connects after a reboot.

Anyone else noticed it?

Thanks.

Posted (edited)

Hi

Could you please help?

I have installed jr8 and my phone was continuously rebooting. It was loading stratup screen and reboot. I can't even restore backup via recovery with an error: Couldn't open directory.

I have tried to install JR7 back but it is now stuck on X loading screen

What should I do now?

Edited by igorm

Posted

How long has it been stuck? My first attempt would be pull battery and try to get into recovery. Wipe cache and dalvik then reboot. If this doesn't work then repeat but this time flashing a new bake of JR8 or restore from a backup

Posted (edited)

Yes, had to restore jr8 again and wipe data/cache. It is working now. Pity, it is very first time I had to clean data since I have started to use Modaco roms.

Edited by igorm

Posted

You can wipe cache without the data... maybe to late now. Restore everything from backup using titanium

Posted

Apps were restored by Google. I have not used titanium for a long time. I was sure restore from recovery will work.

Posted

Titanium can extract stuff from a nandroid