• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

1498 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Would love this on the toro :-)

Posted · Report post

hey Paul,

back with the nexus one, lil hermit came out with an update to TBA that would alternatively blink the colors... in other words, if you got an email (green), a tweet (cyan), and missed call (red).... it would flash green-cyan-red. now, and for some time, if you get a couple alerts, it will only flash the color of the one that came in first.

sooo my question is, can we make this happen? I love tba, but even more when it is blinking like a christmas tree.

btw, rom is working fantastic. thanks much!

Probably worth asking @lilh3rmit about that!

P

Posted · Report post

So what custom toggle setup does everyone use on this? Here's mine...

P

mytoggles.png

Posted (edited) · Report post

Mine, but its still "under construction" lolpost-862200-0-28605600-1354279814_thumb.

Edited by comicbookguy

Posted · Report post

Battery indicator mods are back in the kitchen, new prebake coming later today!

P

Posted · Report post

running Galaxy Nexus, bluetooth seems to be broken, no matter what device i connect to, it disconnects a short time later, went back to stock 4.2.1 and I no longer have bluetooth issues, thoughts?

Posted · Report post

Hmm, strange, i'll try and replicate it!

P

Posted · Report post

running Galaxy Nexus, bluetooth seems to be broken, no matter what device i connect to, it disconnects a short time later, went back to stock 4.2.1 and I no longer have bluetooth issues, thoughts?

Seems to be functioning ok on my GNex

Seems to be functioning ok on my GNex

Same here, since 4.2.1 update bluetooth has been much better.

Edited by themetatron

Posted · Report post

Mine too

Posted · Report post

Does anyone want me to add in multi user support? I have it working...

P

Posted · Report post

P

Hey Paul, I went back to 4.2.1 stock on my Galaxy Nexus, and Bluetooth seems to be dropping now too, so it isn't just your ROM, i am going to revert back to 4.2.0 and see if the issue still occurs, hopefully they didnt break bluetooth in 4.2.1

Posted · Report post

P

Wouldn't hurt..would be a cool feature for us to play with :)

Posted · Report post

Wouldn't hurt..would be a cool feature for us to play with :)

I agree :)

Posted · Report post

P

I'd love to try that out. Maybe make it a kitchen option?

Posted · Report post

Just updated to the JR9 4.2.1, I cleared cache/data,but I have a strange issue that didn't occur on JR8.

Sometimes, when I go out of WiFi range, mobile data does not work, it is Enabled, but when I look in the APN settings, nothing is showing up. If I open the telephony.db SQLite database, I can see all the APNs on the carrier table, but non are marked as default. If I update the correct APN row to set the default value to 1, it doesn't seem to show the APNs still. The only way to rectify appears to be a soft reset.

Has anyone else seen this issue or got any ideas what else needs to run to recognise the APN as default? I've seen some other issues reported on Android before relating to problems reading the MCC/MNC and mathing with the APN entries...

Probably worth asking @lilh3rmit about that!

P

so doing a little research, it was called "successive notifications" found a N1 patch here http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=640179 though obviously that would'nt work

not sure why @lilh3rmit got rid of it...maybe was just a hassle and people forgot how awesome it was

edit* so i found why it was abandoned

Again we ditched this in favour of battery (big battery drain, changing the led even when sleep) it was available in the CM6 days wink.gif

I "maybe" and I repeat "maybe" release this under a new name, with new ics/jb interface/ without Trackball specific name

even still, it could be turned off within the app if I remember right.

Edited by ogdobber

Posted · Report post

P

Definitely! I've long wanted to have some kind of "guest" mode in the phone so that I can let people try it out without them having access to my personal stuff. Having multiple users would work for that I think.

Posted · Report post

P

Only as a kitchen option please.

Posted · Report post

Only as a kitchen option please.

Big time, less is more ;-D

Posted · Report post

has anyone else noticed that the battery life seems to have taken a hit since the move to 4.2? i cant think what exactly is causing it though.

probably the kernels haven't quite caught up yet ;)

battery life on the Nexus 4 seems about the same or slightly worse :(, but i am using Llama which eats a bit of battery

Edited by comicbookguy

Posted · Report post

MultiUser support via kitchen only please

I definitely use my phone differently to how I use my Tablet as it is very rare that I give my phone to anyone else and even then it would most likely be my wife rather than someone who I was worried about them looking through it.

Can I ask if there will be any downsides? I have some apps which weren't too happy with the move to 4.2 but I take it that adding MultiUser functionality won't break anything any further? I.e. if it works in 4.2 then the app will work with MultiUser?

Posted · Report post

No reason not to have the multiuser option there really I think...?

P

Posted · Report post

As an option