• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

1498 posts in this topic

Posted

Thank you for the update. Although I would prefer to keep this ROM as pure as it once was. You're adding more and more CM to it. I personally don't like CM and there is another ROM based on CM at MODACO.

Posted

You don't have to bake the cm bits in though. It's all about choice

Posted

Er, there are no CM bits that you have to have, and in fact the kitchen defaults are off?

P

Posted

Did I miss where I can modify the lock screen options?

Posted

Did I miss where I can modify the lock screen options?

since this is stock rom, I believe there is no way to modify lock screen options other than using faceunlock, pin, pattern but if you meant lockscreen shortcuts then you may want to check http://www.modaco.co...e-galaxy-nexus/

slds,

Posted

Might be though I thought Paul had posted with regards to the latest modaco custom on his twitter feed

Posted

The pic I posted was from mcmcr.

P

Posted

Kitchen update! These changes will be in the next version prebake too. :)

P

Changelog

31st Jan

• Updated Flash, Music, Plus and Superuser apps.

Posted

That is correct, but they are there. Don't get me wrong, but I'm afraid, that you decide to drop this ROM in favour of the CM based one, due to no more or little difference between them.

Posted

I've CM10 on my Samsung Galaxy tab, It lasts 36 hours on standby with no use... Rubbish

There is a world of difference between MCR and CM.

Posted

Don't worry, regular MCR isn't going anywhere. ;)

P

Posted

The option CyanogenMod (offline) Gallery application without Picasa or Google + sync FC's. Any idea why ?

Posted

No, i'll check that out! Try clearing data on Gallery?

P

Posted

No, i'll check that out! Try clearing data on Gallery?

P

I did. But to no result. Camera is also FCing on Gallery. Same behavior on all my Nexus devices.

Posted

How bizarre! I'll check it out!

P

Posted

anyone using the 2g / 3g toggle option?

ive tried it a couple of times but everytime it fires up a wifi connection and flicks over to 2g fine. it wont go the other way though as when it connects to wifi it turns of the mobile data connection and wont turn it back on.

suggestions, did i set something silly?

Posted

Strange, i'll have a look at that. If it works one way it SHOULD work both!

P

Posted

anyone using the 2g / 3g toggle option?

ive tried it a couple of times but everytime it fires up a wifi connection and flicks over to 2g fine. it wont go the other way though as when it connects to wifi it turns of the mobile data connection and wont turn it back on.

suggestions, did i set something silly?

I've had that problem but only sometimes. Likewise sometimes the phone seems to get stuck in 2g. It's been rare though. Sometimes toggling data or 3g fixes it, sometimes I have to reboot.

I'm not sure this saves anything like significant power either. Are there any measurements? For me the main use for this is that the phone switches to 2g at home where I have poor 3g.

Posted

ive only used a few times myself as i find the phone blitz's through the battery so i always carry a spare anyway. still it would have been nice if it was working fully and reliably. its a pain when its not flicked back on data, youve had no notifications and then you go to use it and have to turn the toggle off and start back the data connection. usually im in pretty good 3g coverage so its easier just to not bother.

Posted

I take it Jr14 will be out soon now the factory images are out?

Posted

It's in progress!

I've just pushed it out for N4 so the Galaxy Nexus is next. :)

P

Posted

@Paul

Could you implement a feature to disable the system update check?

Posted

That is a good idea rubenGN... the update is quite annoying since i won't be using the stock updage.

Posted

Just go into Google Framework and turn off Notifications...

Posted

Just go into Google Framework and turn off Notifications...

Perfect,

Settings, Apps, Swipe Left Twice to All, Google Services Framework, Untick Show Notifications.

Its the little things ;-)