[CM7] [gen1/gen2] Latest CM7 2.3.7 ROMs

Guest pass25

Guest GuyOverThere

Hi there, new here but wanted to give feedback.

Wifi/GPRS/Edge/3G, animations and transitions, dynamic wallpaper, Up/Down Volume, notification panel, languages, battery functions (charging, status reporting...), sdcard access, camera (photo and video), audio. All that working fine.

I think that like others CM7 roms the only thing that works but could be improved is touchscreen sensitivity like when you try to slide a window but instead something opens or when one touch on a letter on the keyboard repeats that letter two or three times. I've read that this is beacuse kernel settings or something like that correct? if so not a problem of the rom ;)

Things I haven't tested yet since I'm at work and didn't bring the cable: USB phone-pc connection, sound jack.

Great work with the rom, congratz :D

Edit: One really annoying thing, I use pattern for phone blocking, when activated, the 3x3 window is like compressed and the buttons are all joined. See image in link (don't know how to attach :-\ sorry).

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7Daze7oRq19SFpQMzZIRzk5M2c

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest equiliym

I think that like others CM7 roms the only thing that works but could be improved is touchscreen sensitivity like when you try to slide a window but instead something opens or when one touch on a letter on the keyboard repeats that letter two or three times. I've read that this is beacuse kernel settings or something like that correct? if so not a problem of the rom

Things I haven't tested yet since I'm at work and didn't bring the cable: USB phone-pc connection, sound jack.

Great work with the rom, congratz

Edit: One really annoying thing, I use pattern for phone blocking, when activated, the 3x3 window is like compressed and the buttons are all joined. See image in link (don't know how to attach :-\ sorry).

https://docs.google....SFpQMzZIRzk5M2c

touch sensitivity is kernel based issue, yeah, if you want, you can try deadlinks kernel, i think his kernel gives better response or something since he is going via tslib and vamshi's kernel goes via touch_to_key.. i will add deadlinks kernels in the first post in a few mins, both gen1/gen2 flashable zip

as for pattern, note taken and i know why that happened, never really checked, used hdpi framework, will check that out, thanks

Guest GuyOverThere

touch sensitivity is kernel based issue, yeah, if you want, you can try deadlinks kernel, i think his kernel gives better response or something since he is going via tslib and vamshi's kernel goes via touch_to_key.. i will add deadlinks kernels in the first post in a few mins, both gen1/gen2 flashable zip

as for pattern, note taken and i know why that happened, never really checked, used hdpi framework, will check that out, thanks

Great, thanks!

A question if I may about deadlink's kernel, you said "for those who want different touch sensitivity and performance", on the performance part, vamshi's have smartassv2 for better battery management, besides that, is that kernel faster or more stable or what in relation to deadlink's?

Edited: Added text.

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest equiliym

truth be told, i dont really know.. i know it has different sensitivity and i know it wont boot with usb on, kind of annoying.. also it doesnt have smartassv2 but than again, that governor is vamshis custom or something.. its more or less the same thing, i just find vamshi's kernel better but again, thats only my opinion.. you should try it and see which one fits better for your needs

Guest GuyOverThere

I actually did, while deadlink's has lower sensitivity it feels kinda hmmm heavy? to use, like you really have to push the buttons hard :P The good thing was that horizontal/vertical movement was perfect, keyboard however had a few problems, sometimes you could push letter _ t _ and letter _ q _ was marked :-\ also missed the vibration feedback from home/menu/back buttons, wasn't really sure if I pressed the button and the phone was slow to process or the button didn't registered the touch.

Anyway, went back to vamshi's after an hour or so of testing.

Guest GuyOverThere

Updating now that I'm home.

USB to PC connection works perfectly (specially important for me since only stock rom worked well for this)

Audio jack works also.

What I haven't tested, wifi tethering

Guest equiliym

hmm you can enable vibration on deadlinks kernel, i had that script somewhere.. as for wifi tethering, it should work ok.. tbh, the reason pattern unlock was big was just because of wifi tethering.. sounds odd i know but when i go full mdpi framework wifi tethering gets disabled for some totally unknown reason so i go modded hdpi framework for mostly everything to work.. i dont like 3rd party apps for options that should be default in the rom.. not sure what to do with that in the future, full mdpi rom without graphic glitches or few graphic glitches with full working rom lol

Guest b@rbo
Gapps pack: gapps-gb-20110828-minimal - can be download from here

* minimal pack includes base google files with included Market and Talk, other apps (like Gmail, Maps, YouTube etc) should be downloaded via Market

deadlink gen1/gen2 kernel patch can be downloaded from here

* for those who want to try different touch sensitivity and performance

Good job!

I have already installed the rom and I was very pleased!

Now to install the package GAPPS, how do I do? What is the process?

Thank you!

PS: By the way how to change the kernel?

Guest equiliym

Good job!

I have already installed the rom and I was very pleased!

Now to install the package GAPPS, how do I do? What is the process?

Thank you!

PS: By the way how to change the kernel?

both kernel and gapps are installed via recovery, same process as installing a rom just without any wiping (ie no wipe data/cache)

Guest Rahulsingh190

I use vamshi kernel but then also my phone becomes hot.. & does not charge.... It only charges if I keep maximum frequency to 245..

Guest equiliym

thats odd, my settings are on smartassv2 governor on min/max 245/604, all on default, everything works alright.. try wiping your cache, something might be messing things

Guest equiliym

well mine gets hot too when i play 3d games while on wifi and my hands are sweaty lol, thats called abusing your device :D

edit: i also found the tethering error in mdpi framework so with next cm7 release rom will be full mdpi, slightly different than this release

Edited by equiliym

Guest massacre^

mine gets hot by just keeping it in pocket and not turning screen off (automatic screen timeout is disabled) . But India is a hot country 40degree Celsius now......

Guest equiliym

mine gets hot by just keeping it in pocket and not turning screen off (automatic screen timeout is disabled) . But India is a hot country 40degree Celsius now......

yeah mine can do that too, almost 40C here too and +20C more in pocket D:

Guest equiliym

new release available today in the first post for download /cm-7-20120701-NIGHTLY-mooncake/

a slightly different than the previous one, full mdpi framework/apps, fixed that pattern thingy etc, should be working casual

i also included changelog page link in the first post so you can check out what each release gets by date etc etc.. have fun flashing :)

Guest equiliym

I dont know if it hapends to anyone else but in my phone the microphone does not work during the calls.

thats odd, what build, 20120701 or 0624?

can also anyone confirm this?

Edited by equiliym

Guest pass25

its in the version 20120701.

0624 version, works fine.

the only thing that I noticed in the 0624 version was that when you receive a call the person's name or number is below the buttons that give up the keyboard, etc. hung up the call ...