[CM7] [gen1/gen2] Latest CM7 2.3.7 ROMs

Guest pass25

Guest GuyOverThere

uploaded latest nightly, broken screen should be fixed, looks ok on my phone, changed swap script to lewa's one and removed optimizer, should boot faster... other than those, check cm7 changelog

Testing right now, seems good, haven't checked USB connection and audio jack, everything else have been working fine since this morning. Thanks equiliym!

hello, the rom 15.07.2012 have the same problem as before.

the call answer call button and home button does not work !

the problem remains.

the only way I can do to work is install version 01.07.2012 and then upgrade to the latest version ....

I don't have problems with 0715, thus far. I can answer calls either with call button (the physical one) or through the lockscreen (the button you move from the left), home button is also working for me :-\

Guest equiliym

thats impossible, the touch_to_key module that vamshi's kernel uses is included in /system/bin in all roms and softkeys have to work :o try wiping cache/dalvk cache

Guest GuyOverThere

thats impossible, the touch_to_key module that vamshi's kernel uses is included in /system/bin in all roms and softkeys have to work :o try wiping cache/dalvk cache

And I'm not even using vamshi's kernel, I'm using deadlink's one and the keys work fine for me (For the record, with vamshi's the keys also worked fine on my end)

Guest sack3

hi one question its just me on the last update cm7, when start the phone take much time to pass from green logo android???? :huh: :huh: :huh:

Guest pass25

hi equiliym, the problem seems to be with the lib´s.

i del the lib folder and then copy the lib folder from the 01-07-2012 version and it solve the buttons problem.

some file from the lib´s folder have the bad buttons comand and its making the home and the anser call button dont work.

the screen call broken its the on screen bubble resize. if you change the tipe of the buble in defenitions it solves a litle but they dont appear centered, they are a little at the midle of the screen.

i del the folder framework and media and pasted the folder of the version 01-07-2012 and it appears a litle beter....

Guest equiliym

i removed the optimizer from 0715 so it should boot faster.. however i added lewa scripts due your demands for swap and all so i have no idea what that script does and why would it delay boot, mine booted in 30 secs..

@pass25 if you could be more specific about the lib files i could improve this since i dont have any problems with buttons so i cant really experiment about it.. i really dont want to use old builted libs and im using official cm7 latest libs with some other racer required for egl/cam/audio/video

i also tested 0715 with calls and phone was not broken on it, it just loads 2 bubbles left and right to answer/decline calls and it looks totally fine to me, i can even post screenshot if you want.. more or less, 0715 should be bug-free totally

Guest pass25

i dont know wich one of the lib´s files are making the conflict.

the only version that work fine with no problems to me its the version 01-07-2012, all the others two more recents have that problem about the home button and the anseryng calls button. they dont work, i reboot and i have installed vamshi´s kernel again and nothing works.

the only thing that realy solves the problem it delete the lib´s folder in version 15-07-2012 and copy the lib´s folder version 01-07-2012 and install the rom again.

here are the screenshots of the "broke" screen caller...

18072012104359.png18072012105049.png

Guest equiliym

have you tried a fresh install? obviously something is messed up on your phone.. im attaching screenshots of my 0715 build with phone ringing and answered call and buildinfo to show you that the phone is fixed, it was broken on older builds, that was totally my fault yeah but everything is fixed.. as for libs, i used same libs for all builds and roms i made including miui patchrom and others mokee/lezo/joyos and those appear to work fine.. its impossible to use same libs and one rom to work and other not on a same device..

however i will compare my libs with 0715 and 0701 just in case something is different

post-840416-0-94657200-1342616143.png

post-840416-0-74712800-1342616161.png

post-840416-0-59792500-1342616165.png

Guest pass25

hi equiliym, that problem came with version:

cm-7-20120715-NIGHTLY-mooncake

cm-7-20120708-NIGHTLY-mooncake

with version cm-7-20120701-NIGHTLY-mooncake everityng works fine.

by the way, i´m not the only one "compayning" abot this bug´s.

it coud be because you use the english language and i use the portuguese language, it could be by that.

the screen images could be diferent because of that, i dont know!

but the buttons they don work neither in english or portuguese language, that i can confirm.

Edited by pass25

Guest sack3

hello, fix my problem just replace all from cm-7-20120715-NIGHTLY-mooncake to cm-7-20120715-NIGHTLY-blade and now work fine the key home, call and lockscreen :D :D :D :D :D :D ..

I was comparing the two rom and both have the same libraries, bin and xbin :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: ..

Maybe the phone is becoming whimsical <_< :P :D..

a question how it works bootsound :huh: :huh: :huh: . what format of music that I put in the folder media :huh: ??

Edited by sack3

Guest equiliym

hello, fix my problem just replace all from cm-7-20120715-NIGHTLY-mooncake to cm-7-20120715-NIGHTLY-blade and now work fine the key home, call and lockscreen :D :D :D :D :D :D ..

I was comparing the two rom and both have the same libraries, bin and xbin :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: ..

Maybe the phone is becoming whimsical <_< :P :D..

a question how it works bootsound :huh: :huh: :huh: . what format of music that I put in the folder media :huh: ??

if you replace everything like that, bootsound should not work since it has few files modified... you use android_audio.mp3.. not sure what you did there exactly since i use blade rom as base lol just converted to mdpi.. but if you guys want hdpi framework i can go with that

Edited by equiliym

Guest sack3

if you replace everything like that, bootsound should not work since it has few files modified... you use android_audio.mp3.. not sure what you did there exactly since i use blade rom as base lol just converted to mdpi.. but if you guys want hdpi framework i can go with that

What I did was decompressed both rom, from cm-7-20120715-nightly-mooncake to cm-7-20120715-nightly-mooncake

copy and replace each of the folders one by one.

I did everything from the phone using root explorer then I returned to compressed in a zip file.

I think is missing some file for the rom cm-7-20120715-nightly-mooncake work on my zte model.

Because I never had problems with your version of MIUI rom.

leaves the framework in ldpi...

because the theme is distorted on framework hdpi :unsure: :unsure:

Edited by sack3

Guest Rahulsingh190

Equiliym I don't know...what you did....but whatever u did please ...do the same with miui rom also ....it will also become fast....

Guest equiliym

Equiliym I don't know...what you did....but whatever u did please ...do the same with miui rom also ....it will also become fast....

not sure what you are talking about.. however with such a graphical user interface, miui cant be uberfast on racer due to 256mb ram we have :(

Guest Rahulsingh190

Miui boot also laggs ...& miui is also slow....

& ur previous cm7 build was also having the same problem....but u fixed it in ur last build...can u fix miui also the same way....

Guest Antonio H

Hi,

i removed the optimizer from 0715 so it should boot faster.. however i added lewa scripts due your demands for swap and all so i have no idea what that script does and why would it delay boot, mine booted in 30 secs..

@pass25 if you could be more specific about the lib files i could improve this since i dont have any problems with buttons so i cant really experiment about it.. i really dont want to use old builted libs and im using official cm7 latest libs with some other racer required for egl/cam/audio/video

i also tested 0715 with calls and phone was not broken on it, it just loads 2 bubbles left and right to answer/decline calls and it looks totally fine to me, i can even post screenshot if you want.. more or less, 0715 should be bug-free totally

Many thanks for the change to swap scripts for LeWa's. :)

I didn't use the 120708 version but the changes between 120701 and 120715 are awesome!!

I had some problems with my SDcard in first install. My sd-ext couldn't even format since a few months ago, so I try change something, but screwed all!

Hopefully I have backups, so I deleted all partions and create new ones with CWM. Restore the Backup I had, and after clean/format all (as posted in 1st post) I had a successful install and working phone. (And yes, now sd-ext could format but I think it's not in use).

But swap still doesn't work :/

# free

free

total		 used		 free	   shared	  buffers

Mem:	    166408	   161884		 4524		    0		   88

-/+ buffers:			 161796		 4612

Swap:		    0		    0		    0

Anyway, boot are so much faster and the phone more usable. Great ROM!!

I also had problems with Google+ restore (via Titanium) again... My backup of this app must have some big issue... Well, not a big deal, remove and install again from market. Have few things to configure...

If you use swap, I will say it's the LeWa's swap script effect ... eheheh... I had that reaction you have now, when I tried the 1st port of LeWa's ROM by Racerboy.

hi equiliym, that problem came with version:

cm-7-20120715-NIGHTLY-mooncake

cm-7-20120708-NIGHTLY-mooncake

with version cm-7-20120701-NIGHTLY-mooncake everityng works fine.

by the way, i´m not the only one "compayning" abot this bug´s.

it coud be because you use the english language and i use the portuguese language, it could be by that.

the screen images could be diferent because of that, i dont know!

but the buttons they don work neither in english or portuguese language, that i can confirm.

I'm also Portuguese and have the Portuguese Racer version (SoftStone from TMN). With Portuguese and English (UK) language I don't have any problems. One thing I notice it's the screen of call... yours images are like as I had with the 120701 version... With the actual version my call screen are like the images of equiliym's post. Did you really wipe and format all before apply the new version?

Guest sack3

Hi,

I didn't use the 120708 version but the changes between 120701 and 120715 are awesome!!

I had some problems with my SDcard in first install. My sd-ext couldn't even format since a few months ago, so I try change something, but screwed all!

Hopefully I have backups, so I deleted all partions and create new ones with CWM. Restore the Backup I had, and after clean/format all (as posted in 1st post) I had a successful install and working phone. (And yes, now sd-ext could format but I think it's not in use).

# free

free

Mem:		166408	   161884		 4524			0		   88

Swap:			0			0			0

I also had problems with Google+ restore (via Titanium) again... My backup of this app must have some big issue... Well, not a big deal, remove and install again from market. Have few things to configure...

If you use swap, I will say it's the LeWa's swap script effect ... eheheh... I had that reaction you have now, when I tried the 1st port of LeWa's ROM by Racerboy.

I'm also Portuguese and have the Portuguese Racer version (SoftStone from TMN). With Portuguese and English (UK) language I don't have any problems. One thing I notice it's the screen of call... yours images are like as I had with the 120701 version... With the actual version my call screen are like the images of equiliym's post. Did you really wipe and format all before apply the new version?

for the swap used this

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.swapit.expander.de&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5zd2FwaXQuZXhwYW5kZXIuZGUiXQ..

Guest miki994

thanks sack3 but is there another solution? since racerparts doesnt turn off lights when the screen is off and they turn on by themselves sometimes

Guest pass25

Hi,

# free

free

Mem:		166408	   161884		 4524			0		   88

Swap:			0			0			0

Hello, yes I wiped everything.

I went back today to do a complete wipe and installed it again and keep up the problem.

the home button and answer the calls does not work.

detected during the wipe in the log that generated some errors of bad blocks, do not know if it is derived that gives the installation problems, but i dont tink so ...

what version of the recovery cmd is that you use??

exprimentei the two that give the same error. the sd-ext does not format because it is not found.

here is the result of the log:

Starting recovery on Thu Jul 26 10:55:25 2012

framebuffer: fd 4 (240 x 320)

ClockworkMod Recovery v4.0.1.0

recovery filesystem table

=========================

0 /tmp ramdisk (null) (null)

1 /recovery mtd recovery (null)

2 /boot mtd boot (null)

3 /misc mtd misc (null)

4 /cache yaffs2 cache (null)

5 /system yaffs2 system (null)

6 /data yaffs2 userdata (null)

7 /sdcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /dev/block/mmcblk0

8 /sd-ext auto /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (null)

I:Completed outputting fstab.

I:Processing arguments.

mtd: successfully wrote block at c3a6c00000000

I:Set boot command "boot-recovery"

I:Checking arguments.

I:device_recovery_start()

Command: "/sbin/recovery"

ro.secure=0

ro.allow.mock.location=0

ro.debuggable=1

persist.service.adb.enable=1

ro.modversion=clockwork-4.0.1.0-mooncake

ro.product.device=mooncake

ro.product.name=P726B

usb.default.pid=0x1354

persist.usb.default.pid=0x1354

ro.build.date=Sun Jul 17 05:40:19 PDT 2011

ro.build.datei.utc=1307898540

ro.build.owner=sebastian404

ro.build.url=http://android.podtwo.com/

ro.factorytest=0

ro.serialno=

ro.bootmode=unknown

ro.baseband=unknown

ro.carrier=unknown

ro.bootloader=unknown

ro.hardware=mooncakeztehandset

ro.revision=0

ro.emmc=0

init.svc.usbconfig=stopped

init.svc.recovery=running

init.svc.adbd=running

I:Checking for extendedcommand...

I:Skipping execution of extendedcommand, file not found...

I:Set boot command ""

/tmp/recovery.log was copied to /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log. Please open ROM Manager to report the issue.

-- Wiping data...

Formatting /data...

mtd: not erasing bad block at 0x000c0000

mtd: not erasing bad block at 0x02960000

mtd: not erasing bad block at 0x02980000

mtd: not erasing bad block at 0x034a0000

mtd: not erasing bad block at 0x09de0000

mtd: not erasing bad block at 0x0a920000

mtd: not erasing bad block at 0x0ab00000

mtd: not erasing bad block at 0x0f100000

mtd: not erasing bad block at 0x10380000

mtd: not erasing bad block at 0x10720000

Formatting /cache...

Formatting /sd-ext...

I:Formatting unknown device.

No app2sd partition found. Skipping format of /sd-ext.

Formatting /sdcard/.android_secure...

Data wipe complete.

Fixing execute permissions for /cache

-- Wiping cache...

Formatting /cache...

Cache wipe complete.

Formatting /boot...

Done.

Formatting /cache...

Done.

Formatting /system...

mtd: not erasing bad block at 0x01c40000

mtd: not erasing bad block at 0x07a40000

Done.

Formatting /data...

Done.

Formatting /sd-ext...

Done.

-- Wiping data...

Formatting /data...

Formatting /cache...

Formatting /sd-ext...

Formatting /sdcard/.android_secure...

Data wipe complete.

-- Wiping cache...

Formatting /cache...

Cache wipe complete.

Fixing execute permissions for /data

mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on /sd-ext failed: No such file or directory

rm: can't remove '/data/dalvik-cache': No such file or directory

rm: can't remove '/cache/dalvik-cache': No such file or directory

rm: can't remove '/sd-ext/dalvik-cache': No such file or directory

Dalvik Cache wiped.

Edited by pass25