HUAWEI RELEASE ICS 4.0.3 for U8818/U8815/G300 version B926【BOOT SYSTEM IMAGE LINK】

Guest qiwu huang

Guest derpy

Derpy, go back through this thread, qiwu has released it here in this thread.

Yeah but if i unpack it theres only the script but not the crc file. I even installed 7zip but it have not helped -.-

Edited by derpy

Guest michal.siman

I have root on my G300 with B926. It means, i install googleframework and i have now market, gmail, gtalk, gmaps and more, i can sync contats and calendar. Root is very easy:

(from china forum):

required files is here: http://uloz.to/xEP83uG/must-have-files-for-root-g300-ics-zip (excluding adb!!!)

You must have working ADB in your computer, if its true, you can do that command:

adb push mempodroid /data/local/tmp

adb push su /data/local/tmp

adb push Superuser.apk /data/local/tmp

adb shell

And in SHELL you continue with this command:

cd /data/local/tmp

chmod 777 ./mempodroid

./mempodroid 0xd524 0xab8f sh

mount -o remount,rw -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p12 /system

cat /data/local/tmp/su > /system/xbin/su

chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su

chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su

cat /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk >/system/app/Superuser.apk

chown 0644 /system/app/Superuser.apk

exit

exit

It is all. You have now root :-)

Edited by michal.siman

Guest michal.siman

For people who dont know how put the gapps to rooted B926, there is good solution for understanding: http://www.pcworld.c...indle_fire.html - it is easy and it is working. I have now on my ICS G300 latest Google Play, Gmail and Gmaps.

And btw: (funny info, but why not:) there is still no way back - but it isnt bad message for me, i like my G300 with ICS, i dont need unlocked bootloader - but if YOU need it, dont do it!

Edited by michal.siman

Guest PeaceMaker_H

and what is working and what is not?

In this official release all is working, at least from at ive been reading,

Double check in the first pages..

Edited by PeaceMaker_H

Guest Davidoff59

3.14 please understand the consequences before flashing. If you flash this, you cant flash any custom roms and will be stuck on this rom until the boot loader gets unlocked. This may never happen.

Michal, can you post a few screenshots please. How are you finding the rom? Any issues with Chinese language?

Guest PeaceMaker_H

3.14 please understand the consequences before flashing. If you flash this, you cant flash any custom roms and will be stuck on this rom until the boot loader gets unlocked. This may never happen.

Michal, can you post a few screenshots please. How are you finding the rom? Any issues with Chinese language?

Screens...

44ede3c91a.f.png

228b85af7c.f.png

55fcf2d80b.f.png

339a94be6d.f.png

ee474963b0.f.png

ff565872a1.f.png

11b8b69c4f.f.png

00a9a78d5e.f.png

Guest Dazzozo

The launcher isn't too bad, but everything else is pretty much a copy paste from what was bundled on Gingerbread.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Pathfinder23

Screens of ICS? 44ede3c91a.jpg228b85af7c.jpg55fcf2d80b.jpg339a94be6d.jpgee474963b0.jpgff565872a1.jpg11b8b69c4f.jpg00a9a78d5e.jpg

Hi michal,

what languages included in this ROM (more specifically arabic) ? am like you not bothered about installing custom ROMs so the only question I have would be..

If I install this ROM will I be able to install the official UK version from Huawei (my guess would be yes as it's from Huawei but just wanted to check) :)

Edited by Pathfinder23

Guest anything-but

Have to admit,i`m sorely tempted to take one for the team and upgrade. Bottom line,as long as i have a working phone then i`m fine,plus i`d be able to help out with getting the bootloader cracked :)

Guest runlevel5

Have to admit,i`m sorely tempted to take one for the team and upgrade. Bottom line,as long as i have a working phone then i`m fine,plus i`d be able to help out with getting the bootloader cracked :)

I'd at least wait until the official european ICS is released as the bootloader has a chance of being different to the chinese one.