HUAWEI RELEASE ICS 4.0.3 for U8818/U8815/G300 version B926【BOOT SYSTEM IMAGE LINK】

Guest qiwu huang

Guest Dazzozo

We've pretty much hit a wall with this. Using the CM9 kernel is all well and good for getting fb0 up, but it seems to have broken copybit and input. If we kill off copybit for the sake of testing it is somewhat stable, but the touchscreen still doesn't work.

We tried CM9's libinput but that produces a nasty stack trace. Really, we need to match the Huawei kernel, so we're looking at it now.

Guest Dazzozo

http://bbs.anzhi.com...rderby=dateline

I think they've worked out how to root the phone with this new firmware. Is that any use?

No use here, but absolutely hilarious due to how simple it is.

Doesn't mean the bootloader problem is sorted, though.

I think the touchscreen issue is related to the touchscreen firmware update available OTA which hasn't been done on this device, which means a CWM update to official ICS is a no-go for now. Anyone else is free to continue looking, though. It would also explain why I can occasionally get it to work for a split second.

Going to instead update CM9 with the new proprietaries.

Guest FrankieADZ

least we know it can be rooted again...just hope they can fully do the booloader stuff too.

just for the fact i can see loads of people moaning bout all this later on when ics come here.

Guest weckl

Well, this maybe is a dumb commentary but I think the ROM Huawei released today is not for the U8818 yet.

Is for this model: Huawei U8800 + . Is a totally different model.

http://www.aliexpres..._525554540.html

I dont see any official release yet in www.huaweidevice.com site. Am I wrong ?

Oh sorry didn't see this is an OTA download. Sorry for the dumb commentary then. :blush:

Edited by weckl

Guest qiwu huang

Well, this maybe is a dumb commentary but I think the ROM Huawei released today is not for the U8818 yet.

Is for this model: Huawei U8800 + . Is a totally different model.

http://www.aliexpres..._525554540.html

I dont see any official release yet in www.huaweidevice.com site. Am I wrong ?

Oh sorry didn't see this is an OTA download. Sorry for the dumb commentary then.

i upgraded .it is for u8818,

i called my friend .he is working on

huawei.

Guest michal.siman

If somebody want, there is update.zip - original OTA B926 from U8818 - it is running on my G300 U8815 - nice job! Huawei, thak you!

CAUTION! It WILL lock the bootloader! No way to back for now! No way to donwgrade! And no way to take gapps here!

http://androidforum....926-t28822.html

It is tested and working, i am use it now! Czech language it inside, but google apps not included here!

If you want see some screen from 4.0.3 - just click to link ...

Edited by michal.siman

Guest Gary_J_Wright

warning on update.zip above it WILL lock the bootloader, use with CAUTION

its simply a repack of the update.app posted earlier

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest Dazzozo

If somebody want, there is update.zip - original OTA B926 from U8818 - it is running on my G300 U8815 - nice job! Huawei, thak you!

http://androidforum....926-t28822.html

It is tested and working, i am use it now! Czech language it inside, but google apps not included here!

It has already been posted. You have now locked your bootloader, however.

Guest Dazzozo

And if you delete recovery.img?

I can try this ROM (update.zip) and maintain my recovery?

And how do you hope on deleting recovery.img?

There is no "trying" this ROM. You use it, and you don't come back.

Guest rafaelkaiz

And how do you hope on deleting recovery.img?

There is no "trying" this ROM. You use it, and you don't come back.

Then, if installed, will remain forever? Huawei s***

Guest Rico_89

Could one of you please help a complete Newb :unsure: ?

Ok so this official update is for the U8818/U8815 version B926. So looking at my build number I assume my/our phones are U8815 version B885? Yeah I'm that Newbish sorry :( .

Will there be a B885 ICS update, or is this the ICS update Huawei were talking about? I hope you're not rolling your eyes too much :blink: .

Don't worry it's almost over. Lastly, if you install this update you wont be able to root your phone. However the Chinese have already figured out out how to unlock this new ICS update?

If any of you haven't lost too many brain cells reading my nonsense :blush: then I would appreciate some clarification on these matters. Thank you :) .

Guest RussellS

Could one of you please help a complete Newb :unsure: ?

Ok so this official update is for the U8818/U8815 version B926. So looking at my build number I assume my/our phones are U8815 version B885? Yeah I'm that Newbish sorry :( .

Will there be a B885 ICS update, or is this the ICS update Huawei were talking about? I hope you're not rolling your eyes too much :blink: .

Don't worry it's almost over. Lastly, if you install this update you wont be able to root your phone. However the Chinese have already figured out out how to unlock this new ICS update?

If any of you haven't lost too many brain cells reading my nonsense :blush: then I would appreciate some clarification on these matters. Thank you :) .

As I understand it, this is the 'official' ICS update for the chinese market. However, there are no google apps etc because it is for the chinese market. There will be an official ICS update for the UK at some stage in the near (hopefully) future but this will probably also have a locked bootloader.

So basically, DON'T install this update yet because you won't be able to go back. If you want to improve your phone now then I would recommend installing Pauls modified B888 rom which will improve the touchscreen and capacitive button responsiveness, get rid of the Vodafone bloateware and just make the phone slicker.

Then, wait until we have a fully working ICS release that can be installed through CWM without a locked bootloader etc.

Guest MickJack

Thanks for this, watching it unfold, outstanding work and fast, how this has grown since yesterday. Will wait until all working (cannot live without camera).

Just like to say lots of thanks, qiwu huang, tilal6991, genokolar, dazzozo and all others who are testing.

Edited by MickJack

Guest Dazzozo

You guys don't get it. There is no "cutting out the recovery part", there is no going back. It is irreversible and it replaces everything on your phone, it flashes the radio, it flashes your bootloader.

Guest Davidoff59

It locks your boot loader so while you may be able to root it, you wont be able to flash any custom roms. You will be stuck with this rom until the bootloader is cracked and it may never be cracked.

Guest toge64

NEW: ICS can got back gingerbread , but you would be lost IMEI num.

do you lose your imei permanently? or can i put it back (not cloning, put my own imei back)