There will be no certified implementations of Flash Player for Android 4.1.

Guest hecatae

Guest hecatae

Found here: http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2012/06/flash-player-and-android-update.html

If a device is upgraded from Android 4.0 to Android 4.1, the current version of Flash Player may exhibit unpredictable behavior, as it is not certified for use with Android 4.1. Future updates to Flash Player will not work. We recommend uninstalling Flash Player on devices which have been upgraded to Android 4.1.

From the 15th August 2012, Adobe will no longer offer Flash Player for download in the Google Play Store. Additionally Flash Player will not be available and is not certified to work on any device running Android 4.1.

Any thoughts?

Guest j1mmy g88

No real loss there, its a shame really as that has been one thing we Android users have had over Apple/Windows Phone users. Suppose the core Google elements (e.g. youtube) are now HTML5 or WebM so it doesnt really matter too much now.

Guest hecatae

Was going to run this as an article on front of site but thought I would get a better conversation here.

To me it makes little difference, November 2011 was when adobe originally announced this news to the Linux community.

Anyone know how this affects adobe air?

BBC have already announced a new iplayer jelly bean app in testing on the back of this news, I hope it does not use the Iphone streams.

Guest Sebastian404

As much as I'm an apple fanboy.. I seem to spend a lot of my time wondering why my mac is beach balling and then realizing its because theres a flash element to the webpage I'm trying to view..

The sooner we can go HTML5 everywhere the better.

Guest Shuflie

As much as I'm an apple fanboy.. I seem to spend a lot of my time wondering why my mac is beach balling and then realizing its because theres a flash element to the webpage I'm trying to view..

The sooner we can go HTML5 everywhere the better.

I have a Macbook from 2008 and a Dell laptop with much lower spec, guess which one overheats with flash running. If Apple allowed proper hardware acceleration for flash on their older equipment things would be much better, but that wouldn't sell new hardware or help kill off something Steve Jobs had a dislike for.

Guest masterpfa

I think Flash will no longer be supported, but by all means should still work. Adobe are removing future support for Mobile Flash and it may also be removed from the Google Play market,It's probably best to obtain the latest version of Flash 11 and save the apk to your PC/SD card or DropBox so that you can side load it at a later date.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest trishmac

Found here: http://blogs.adobe.c...oid-update.html

From the 15th August 2012, Adobe will no longer offer Flash Player for download in the Google Play Store. Additionally Flash Player will not be available and is not certified to work on any device running Android 4.1.

Any thoughts?

I have the update ready to install..not sure whether to do it now or not..or how much I'll need flash on this tablet :-/ x