Does the Huawei G300 play 4OD?

Guest Sir_Didymus

Guest Sir_Didymus

Does this phone play 4OD content since it has flash? I've read that it plays BBC iPlayer quite well on here so just joined this place to ask this specific question since I can't seem to find any information on whether it plays 4OD or not. Would appreciate it if someone could check for me. Thanks.

Guest Hogweed

Yes it does. No problem. Make sure you install Flash (it isn't pre-installed) before the idiots at Adobe remove it from Play Store on Aug 15th.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest Sir_Didymus

Yes it does. No problem. Make sure you install Flash before the idiots at Adobe remove it from Play Store on Aug 15th.

Yeah I heard about Flash being removed. I ordered the Google Nexus 7 just recently too without knowing that. I just hope the websites I use for watching videos catch up with HTML5. Thanks for the information though. Much appreciated.

Guest Hogweed

Adobe Flash on Google Play Store has between 100 million and 500 million installs with a rating of 4.4/5. That's about 5 times as many installs as Adobe PDF Reader and ten times as many as Air. Adobe Flash is by far the most downloaded Adobe android app with more downloads than all their other apps put together. The fact Adobe just sacked nearly 1000 people probably explains the premature demise. It clearly has nothing to do with customer demand as it just kicks that clear customer demand in the head.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest RussellS

Yes it does. No problem. Make sure you install Flash (it isn't pre-installed) before the idiots at Adobe remove it from Play Store on Aug 15th.

I had no idea about this happening. So what does that mean now for apps like BBC iPlayer, 4OD etc, etc. I understand that if you already have it installed then you will be ok but what about if you install a new rom. It won't then be available to download again.

Can you back it up with titanium backup for example and then restore it after changing the rom.

Guest Hogweed

I assume you will still be able to install it from unofficial sources but you will not get automatic security bug fixes. Still trying to find out if Android 4.1 actually breaks it completely. If it does then I'm not going to 4.1 any time in a hurry.

Edit: Flash currently the 8th most popular free app on Play Store. That's 6 places higher than Angry Birds and only really behind Google and Facebook apps. A political decision to put an early bullet in the head then. I suspect Adobe were probably embarrassed Flash kept climbing the charts after telling everyone to move on so they will just remove it early.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest Hogweed

CM9 is Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) so Flash should be fine. It's 4.1 Jelly Bean (such as on the new Nexus 7) and beyond where it is no longer supported. Edit: Oops posted before your correction :-)

Edited by Hogweed

Guest NeostarNeko

From what i've heard once you installed it will remain installable from Google Play and you will still get some security fixes but that's all

Edited by NeostarNeko