For your delectation: (beware, flying iBricks from iFanboys)

Guest glossywhite

Guest nvkid909

I have an ipod touch & moto defy. I think if you go to the same trouble jailbreaking as you would rooting, then you get cydia, boss paper etc etc, so you can have themes & icons n that. But yes, I do believe iOS is dumbed down unnecessarily. They've gone too far dumbing it down to make it look pretty, which would be fine, except apple are not the only ones making smartphones. They've backed themselves into a corner with this.

I think android OS is closer to desktop or laptop computing than iOS. Which is a shame for apple as said in the vid, if you get an ipad your just getting a giant iphone, which has already been dumbed down before it gets onto ipad. Apple seriously needs a new OS for ipads, I mean come on, professional musicians are using them but they have this fisher-price phone OS on it? Please. My experience of apple computers & their hardware problems would point me towards some kind of pad or tablet, but not one with a dumbed down OS.

Edited by nvkid909

Guest glossywhite

I have an ipod touch & moto defy. I think if you go to the same trouble jailbreaking as you would rooting, then you get cydia, boss paper etc etc, so you can have themes & icons n that. But yes, I do believe iOS is dumbed down unnecessarily. They've gone too far dumbing it down to make it look pretty, which would be fine, except apple are not the only ones making smartphones. They've backed themselves into a corner with this.

I think android OS is closer to desktop or laptop computing than iOS. Which is a shame for apple as, like you described, if you get an ipad your just getting a giant iphone, which has already been dumbed down before it gets onto ipad. Apple seriously needs a new OS for ipads, I mean come on, professional musicians are using them but they have this fisher-price phone OS on it? Please. My experience of apple computers & their hardware problems would point me towards some kind of pad or tablet, but not one with a dumbed down OS.

"...as you described..." ?

I didn't describe anything; it's not my video :)