[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.0.8

Guest Dazzozo

Guest nbrasso

Wait, was it v4 that had them working or v5.0.2.7?

Or both?

I haven't tried v5.0.2.7 however they were certainly working with v4 :) Would you like me to try v5?

Edited by nbrasso

Guest nbrasso

Same here, just tried 5.0.2.7 and all buttons working. Was it 5.5 that didn't work? I could try that version to :)

Edited by nbrasso

• 4 weeks later...
Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Hello,

I'll be restoring my phone to FTM so I can unlock it then I'll be reflashing Clockworkmod, I'm currently running 5.0.2.7 so I'm wondering whether the back-up format is the same on 6.0.0.8 as I have a few backups I'd like to have access to still.

And secondly, am I right in thinking that if I renamed this image file to 'clockrecovery' and dropped it in the OSFII folder I got from one of the guides to replace the old recovery image in the folder then ran the windows batch file that it would flash fine without problems?

Thanks

Guest iharrybao

Hello,

I'll be restoring my phone to FTM so I can unlock it then I'll be reflashing Clockworkmod, I'm currently running 5.0.2.7 so I'm wondering whether the back-up format is the same on 6.0.0.8 as I have a few backups I'd like to have access to still.

And secondly, am I right in thinking that if I

renamed this image file to 'clockrecovery' and dropped it in the OSFII folder I got from one of the guides to replace the old recovery image in the folder then ran the windows batch file that it would flash fine without problems?

Thanks

of course youcan.

• 4 months later...

I know the two phones are different, but still worth mentioning, its not working for ZTE BladeII (Sweden), or something got wrong with my phone, not loading any CWM version now.

Edited by Mekail

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cramhead

I know the two phones are different, but still worth mentioning, its not working for ZTE BladeII (Sweden), or something got wrong with my phone, not loading any CWM version now.

I did this when I had that problem

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Typhus_

Just tried this recovery today...

Unfortunately I had to go back to flibblesan's 5.0.2.7 Recovery since the original issue remains..."no touchy buttons" on my model (P736E).

Sad.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Chris, I have problems with Windows as well (don't like it, don't use it much). I have never seen any info on using Linux to flash these phones, and have lost my CWM entirely somehow. The SD has an empty folder called clockworkmod, and access just goes to FTM. Could you post a guide for me on using Linux? Thanks!

Thanks surfungus!

So, the shell script says :

chmod +x adb-linux

chmod +x fastboot-linux

./adb-linux reboot bootloader

./fastboot-linux flash recovery clockrecovery.img

./fastboot-linux reboot

and there is adb-linux and fastboot-linux in the zip file.

If I use those and and substitute an image of recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.7-blade2.img, I might get somewhere. I'll not hold my breath on that though, unless it's my windows drivers have changed I can't see it being more successful than before. I'll let you know.

EDIT: No, it only ever says: "< waiting for device >" and hangs there for ever. :-(

Edited by momist

OK, I've sorted it! Following the guide here (in WindowsXP!):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1608042&page=1

I came to the command

su

and got the response

permission denied

Well, the penny dropped then. I am running CyanogenMod9 IceCreamSandwich. Under Settings: Developer options: there is an entry "Root access". This was set to "Apps only" and that was the cause of my problems. I didn't have su rights to the system. Simply changed in there and suddenly everything works. smile.gif

Maybe this feature was added in ICS, and wasn't there in Gingerbread? Could be the reason others using CM9 have been having trouble.

Sorry, I should have asked this last night. Do we still need a Vivacity test for 6.0.0.8? I can try it after I've finished swapping ROMs etc, maybe tomorrow? Otherwise I'm happy with 5.0.2.7 now I've sussed the soft keys.