[23/07/2013][ICS] Eco CM9 - aiming for stability and battery efficiency

Guest jventura

Guest jventura

If I want to flash Eco CM9 from CM10, what should be the step?

Factory reset, flash cache, flash dalvik ?

Yes, you have to wipe data and cache (the installation script formats /system automatically) . Then flash normally..

Guest jventura

It seems camera force close

I suggest to go back to recovery, clean all data and caches (including Dalvik), then format /system in the "mounts" menu.. Reinstall again, first the ROM and then the gapps..

Everything is working fine here.. :)

Oh, and right after installation, it is normal for the boot to take longer.. The framework is deodexing each of the apk's in /system/app..

Every time I mess with the framework source code, it takes 3/4 minutes to boot, sometimes just to print a new line in the logcat..

Edited by jventura

Guest jventura

FM Radio working?

Lol, you didn't read my announcement in the previous page nor the changelog.. :)

FM Radio is still not working, and is harder than I thought, that is why I decided to upload the latest version with the audio routing and video fixes..

Edited by jventura

Guest peta809

So the FM radio to work? This is good news :)

Could you please test these applications if they work: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.inmite.prj.ct.ct4.android, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.inmite.prj.ct.ct24.android? Thank you. These applications had a different ROM based CM9, CM10 or CM10.1 not running. Your ROM could therefore be an exception. Specifically, streaming video playback does not work in those applications.

@peta809: as jventura said, FM Radio is NOT working.

@jventura: I upgraded from the previous version and now my gmail account dissapeared and when I tried to add a new contact it asked me to add a new Exchange account. I'm trying to add my gmail account there but it can't connect to the server... Then I added it as an email account (in System Settings > Accounts & synchronization) but I still don't get any email notifications... Gmail app (which I was using until the update) shuts as I open it, but Mail app seems to work well.

Can anyone confirm this behavior? I may just need to do some wipes, because I installed the update without wiping anything.

Edit: I have just noticed that Google Play doesn't work either. Which wipes should I perform?

Edited by Surgat

Guest jventura

@peta809: as jventura said, FM Radio is NOT working.

@jventura: I upgraded from the previous version and now my gmail account dissapeared and when I tried to add a new contact it asked me to add a new Exchange account. I'm trying to add my gmail account there but it can't connect to the server... Then I added it as an email account (in System Settings > Accounts & synchronization) but I still don't get any email notifications... Gmail app (which I was using until the update) shuts as I open it, but Mail app seems to work well.

Can anyone confirm this behavior? I may just need to do some wipes, because I installed the update without wiping anything.

Edit: I have just noticed that Google Play doesn't work either. Which wipes should I perform?

Strange, I installed over the previous version and didn't had any troubles.. Maybe you forgot to reinstall the gapps again!

If you can't fix only with the gapps package, you should do a full wipe, format /system, and reinstall everything from scratch..

Guest probals

Hi Joao - Great job as always! Did a quick flash with reduced LatinIME. Seems all is good. Scrolling is a lot smoother. :)

Just one piece of noob advice I wanted from you - I want to add GenieWidget and Talk to the gapps zip. I added them to your minimal gapps from another CM9 gapps package using 7zip by unzipping - copy+pasting - zipping, but this new zip shows an error when flashing in CWM. My guess is this maybe a signature or a MD5 problem, but I don't really know.

I know the workaround is to push to system/app after install but just wanted to know how the gapps package can be modified. Can you please suggest?

Much obliged & many thanks for your continued efforts.

P

Guest jventura

Just one piece of noob advice I wanted from you - I want to add GenieWidget and Talk to the gapps zip. I added them to your minimal gapps from another CM9 gapps package using 7zip by unzipping - copy+pasting - zipping, but this new zip shows an error when flashing in CWM. My guess is this maybe a signature or a MD5 problem, but I don't really know.

I know the workaround is to push to system/app after install but just wanted to know how the gapps package can be modified. Can you please suggest?

Hum, make sure that when you zip the gapps package back, you don't put the files inside a new folder. I mean, when you double-click the zip file to see its contents, you should directly see two folders (META-INF and system).. Double check if you are doing this correctly!

Guest elrond_bs

@probals: to add apps to the gapps zip, do not unzip it. Just go to the folder system/apps in the gapps.zip and drag and drop the new apk files you want to add.

I am Czech and English can not, so I have to use Google translator. So no laugh! ;)

That is no excuse, you didn't read the first page to see FM radio is not working. And if you want someone to answer you, show some respect and learn at least a little English. Otherwise ask in Czech forums for help. Also, you can't expect the developers to test your apps for you, that is not their problem! :huh:

Hi, just started using this rom because I was getting tired of random reboots and unstability on CM10, and I have a little question, are you able to make this working?

"backported USB gadget driver from msm-3.0 kernel (thanks to WaylandACE)

• fixed native USB tethering
  • fixed issues with apps failing because of borked usb0 interface (e.g. network speedtest apps)"

Guest jventura

Hi, just started using this rom because I was getting tired of random reboots and unstability on CM10, and I have a little question, are you able to make this working?

"backported USB gadget driver from msm-3.0 kernel (thanks to WaylandACE)

• fixed native USB tethering
  • fixed issues with apps failing because of borked usb0 interface (e.g. network speedtest apps)"

Isn't there any application for this in the Google Play?

To be clear, I meant the USB driver to make the speedtest (and some more) apps work. Just wanted to know if it's that difficult to port it from CM10 (not sure if Konstat made a patch for it)

Guest jventura

To be clear, I meant the USB driver to make the speedtest (and some more) apps work. Just wanted to know if it's that difficult to port it from CM10 (not sure if Konstat made a patch for it)

Well, I don't know which patches made that work, so I don't know the difficulty.. But most of the patches that have been made for CM10 and CM10.1 I did had to manually port them to CM9, because most of the CM10.x files are different from CM9..