[23/07/2013][ICS] Eco CM9 - aiming for stability and battery efficiency

Guest jventura

Guest Hack3rr

Not a priority for me, sorry! Next thing I'll try to improve is the FM Radio, but I'm having problems with the CM9 source code for the FM framework..

I would love if you could add the center clock, or make a flashable zip if you think it will do some slowdowns of some kind or whatever! And some kind of kernal or something that will boost the sound of the device!

The later is very important! Can you do that?

Warm Regards,

Sam.

P.S - Epic rom!

P.S.S - der is some lag when you entering the home screen. Is it just me or........?

Yeah, I see.. Didn't knew that this was occurring, never saw anyone complain before! Thanks for the info C3CO! :)

Anyone besides gbosh has been having youtube reboots on Eco CM9? Just to know if there is a "serious" problem needing to be fixed right away..

I have had reboots a few times when watching videos. I am currently trying the command "sysctl fs.file-max=165164", which is the fix suggested earlier a page back. Perhaps other people with the same problems try it and if it works, it could be incorporated into the rom, in init.d for example.

do any of you know the lockscreen widget's name?

i found it's icons in the framework.apk, but i don't know it's name.

it's called chronus, and it's from cyanogenmod.

Edited by arelim

Guest azidhaka

Having a bit of a problem lately. More and more frequently, contact names do not appear when receiving a call, only the number. I am using standard Dialer and Contacts. Any suggestions?

Guest jventura

I would love if you could add the center clock, or make a flashable zip if you think it will do some slowdowns of some kind or whatever! And some kind of kernal or something that will boost the sound of the device!

The later is very important! Can you do that?

Warm Regards,

Sam.

P.S - Epic rom!

P.S.S - der is some lag when you entering the home screen. Is it just me or........?

Center clock is on my "to do" list.. About boosting sound, you should search for an app in the market to do that. The sound on my phone seems fine as is. :)

About the lag in the home screen, maybe you have too many widgets? Also, I suggest to split the applications and widgets in the app drawer settings..

I have had reboots a few times when watching videos. I am currently trying the command "sysctl fs.file-max=165164", which is the fix suggested earlier a page back. Perhaps other people with the same problems try it and if it works, it could be incorporated into the rom, in init.d for example.

Hi there, did it work?

Having a bit of a problem lately. More and more frequently, contact names do not appear when receiving a call, only the number. I am using standard Dialer and Contacts. Any suggestions?

Hum, I don't have such problem.. Which version are you using?

Even if you are using the latest, I suggest to reboot to cwm and clean the caches (including dalvik). If it still doesn't solve the problem, repeat the same plus format /system, reinstall the rom + gapps,.

Finally, as last resort, clean the data partition (you will lose your downloaded apps and data)..

Edited by jventura

Hello, I would first like to thank you for this great rom which gives a second life to my Blade, but I wondered why it is so heavy (90MB), while the CM9 KonstaT includes a few more features and is lighter? :)

Guest jventura

Hello, I would first like to thank you for this great rom which gives a second life to my Blade, but I wondered why it is so heavy (90MB), while the CM9 KonstaT includes a few more features and is lighter? :)

Well, I include EcoWallpapers.apk which is a collection of wallpapers, and has about 5 MB and CMFileManager with 1MB.. Ah, and I haven't trimmed the dictionaries in LatinIME.apk as I think KonstaT did in his CM9 build..

I'd be happy to test this, but can't get the command to work (I can't find a sysctl.conf file to add the line). I am not exactly experienced when it comes to ROM customization, so could you give a little help on how I can get it to work? I'll be happy to share the results after a couple of days of testing...Different topic: Is anyone else having trouble with barcode scanner apps? For me it simply won't scan...

I'd be happy to test this, but can't get the command to work (I can't find a sysctl.conf file to add the line). I am not exactly experienced when it comes to ROM customization, so could you give a little help on how I can get it to work? I'll be happy to share the results after a couple of days of testing

Apologies, the correct command to use is sysctl -w fs.file-max=165164

This has to be entered into terminal emulator, or via adb shell (if using terminal then use 'su' first). You'll need to enter this command after each reboot. If it works you can add it to the init.d folder so it'll be applied automatically after a reboot. I haven't had a reboot yet after watching vids, but will test some more.

Guest jventura

This has to be entered into terminal emulator, or via adb shell (if using terminal then use 'su' first). You'll need to enter this command after each reboot. If it works you can add it to the init.d folder so it'll be applied automatically after a reboot. I haven't had a reboot yet after watching vids, but will test some more.

Hi fishg,

when you consider that you have done sufficient testing, say something here, so I can include that in the ROM..

Thanks,

João Ventura

Nice, worked like a charm: No reboot while watching a 47 minute clip on Youtube. Certainly a big improvement :-)

Guest jventura

now radio is working in jb so are you planing to get eco jb rom...

Hi, not yet! I will still try to port FM Radio back to CM9.. Well, I don't use the FM radio regularly, just want to have CM9 with most things working.. :)

Nice, worked like a charm: No reboot while watching a 47 minute clip on Youtube. Certainly a big improvement :-)

Ok, so I assume the "thing" works (as C3C0 as said also).. I will add it in the next release! :)

Hi fishg,

when you consider that you have done sufficient testing, say something here, so I can include that in the ROM..

Thanks,

João Ventura

I'd say its safe to include in your next rom, seems to do the trick.

Guest WiiSky70

Boas João Ventura :)

Já tentaste dar uma olhada ao ultimo build do daemond ? O do CM10 já tem o Rádio FM a funcionar direito porque não dás uma olhada e tentas usar isso como base para o teu próximo EcoCM10 ?

Desde mais abraços ;)

Guest jventura

Já tentaste dar uma olhada ao ultimo build do daemond ? O do CM10 já tem o Rádio FM a funcionar direito porque não dás uma olhada e tentas usar isso como base para o teu próximo EcoCM10 ?

Hi there, this is an international forum, so you guys should really use English on your posts.. :)

I'm stiking with CM9 for the time being, because last time I compiled CM10, it was such a battery eater (when screen on) that I've quit using it in less than one month.. But I'll try to port FM radio to CM9, although I don't really use it!

Uma partição de 162mb não devia funcionar? Tento instalar e diz que não há espaço suficiente para instalar os extras...

162MB is works just fine. The error about the extras is because there are no extras to install! So everything is fine.. :)

Hey,

Generally a good rom, I'm surprised to see my blade running ICS but there we go.

One thing though, annoying as f...: I can't get instagram to work. There is just no way. I went back to the 1.1 version and it still freezes at the same point, right before I could filter my pic ('Unfortunately, the process com.instagram.android has stopped'). The rest of the app works correctly, photo feed, explore, likes and my acc.

Anybody else having this problem? Is there a workaround?

Guest jventura

One thing though, annoying as f...: I can't get instagram to work. There is just no way. I went back to the 1.1 version and it still freezes at the same point, right before I could filter my pic ('Unfortunately, the process com.instagram.android has stopped'). The rest of the app works correctly, photo feed, explore, likes and my acc.

Anybody else having this problem? Is there a workaround?

To me it runs up to the point of asking login credentials. Since I am not a Instagram user, I can't go on after that, but it works fine up to there..

Guest masterlud

when installing the rom before display "install from sdcard complete" show me -( instaling update...... , instaling boot image...... , instaling extras...... , NOT enough space for extras . Skipping......)

why he wrote it, and how to fix

but otherwise the rom works