MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

[23/07/2013][ICS] Eco CM9 - aiming for stability and battery efficiency

726 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jventura' timestamp='1361477003' post='2093079']
Not a priority for me, sorry! Next thing I'll try to improve is the FM Radio, but I'm having problems with the CM9 source code for the FM framework..
[/quote]

I would love if you could add the center clock, or make a flashable zip if you think it will do some slowdowns of some kind or whatever! And some kind of kernal or something that will boost the sound of the device!
The later is very important! Can you do that?

Warm Regards,
Sam.

P.S - Epic rom!
P.S.S - der is some lag when you entering the home screen. Is it just me or........?

Posted · Report post

do any of you know the lockscreen widget's name?
i found it's icons in the framework.apk, but i don't know it's name.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jventura' timestamp='1360875548' post='2089800']
Yeah, I see.. Didn't knew that this was occurring, never saw anyone complain before! Thanks for the info C3CO! :)

Anyone besides gbosh has been having youtube reboots on Eco CM9? Just to know if there is a "serious" problem needing to be fixed right away..
[/quote]

I have had reboots a few times when watching videos. I am currently trying the command "sysctl fs.file-max=165164", which is the fix suggested earlier a page back. Perhaps other people with the same problems try it and if it works, it could be incorporated into the rom, in init.d for example.

Posted (edited) · Report post

[quote name='pocmoc' timestamp='1361701872' post='2094121']do any of you know the lockscreen widget's name?
i found it's icons in the framework.apk, but i don't know it's name.[/quote]
it's called chronus, and it's from cyanogenmod. Edited by arelim

Posted · Report post

Having a bit of a problem lately. More and more frequently, contact names do not appear when receiving a call, only the number. I am using standard Dialer and Contacts. Any suggestions?

Posted (edited) · Report post

[quote name='Hack3rr' timestamp='1361563057' post='2093542']
I would love if you could add the center clock, or make a flashable zip if you think it will do some slowdowns of some kind or whatever! And some kind of kernal or something that will boost the sound of the device!
The later is very important! Can you do that?

Warm Regards,
Sam.

P.S - Epic rom!
P.S.S - der is some lag when you entering the home screen. Is it just me or........?
[/quote]

Center clock is on my "to do" list.. About boosting sound, you should search for an app in the market to do that. The sound on my phone seems fine as is. :)
About the lag in the home screen, maybe you have too many widgets? Also, I suggest to split the applications and widgets in the app drawer settings..

[quote name='flshg' timestamp='1361712825' post='2094193']
I have had reboots a few times when watching videos. I am currently trying the command "sysctl fs.file-max=165164", which is the fix suggested earlier a page back. Perhaps other people with the same problems try it and if it works, it could be incorporated into the rom, in init.d for example.
[/quote]

Hi there, did it work?

[quote name='azidhaka' timestamp='1361784058' post='2094530']
Having a bit of a problem lately. More and more frequently, contact names do not appear when receiving a call, only the number. I am using standard Dialer and Contacts. Any suggestions?
[/quote]

Hum, I don't have such problem.. Which version are you using?
Even if you are using the latest, I suggest to reboot to cwm and clean the caches (including dalvik). If it still doesn't solve the problem, repeat the same plus format /system, reinstall the rom + gapps,.
Finally, as last resort, clean the data partition (you will lose your downloaded apps and data).. Edited by jventura

Posted · Report post

Hello, I would first like to thank you for this great rom which gives a second life to my Blade, but I wondered why it is so heavy (90MB), while the CM9 KonstaT includes a few more features and is lighter? :)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Axuf' timestamp='1361792931' post='2094592']
Hello, I would first like to thank you for this great rom which gives a second life to my Blade, but I wondered why it is so heavy (90MB), while the CM9 KonstaT includes a few more features and is lighter? :)
[/quote]

Well, I include EcoWallpapers.apk which is a collection of wallpapers, and has about 5 MB and CMFileManager with 1MB.. Ah, and I haven't trimmed the dictionaries in LatinIME.apk as I think KonstaT did in his CM9 build..

Posted · Report post

[quote name='flshg' timestamp='1361712825' post='2094193']
[/quote]

I'd be happy to test this, but can't get the command to work (I can't find a sysctl.conf file to add the line). I am not exactly experienced when it comes to ROM customization, so could you give a little help on how I can get it to work? I'll be happy to share the results after a couple of days of testing...Different topic: Is anyone else having trouble with barcode scanner apps? For me it simply won't scan...

Posted · Report post

[quote name='don81' timestamp='1361827847' post='2094842']
I'd be happy to test this, but can't get the command to work (I can't find a sysctl.conf file to add the line). I am not exactly experienced when it comes to ROM customization, so could you give a little help on how I can get it to work? I'll be happy to share the results after a couple of days of testing
[/quote]

Apologies, the correct command to use is sysctl -w fs.file-max=165164

This has to be entered into terminal emulator, or via adb shell (if using terminal then use 'su' first). You'll need to enter this command after each reboot. If it works you can add it to the init.d folder so it'll be applied automatically after a reboot. I haven't had a reboot yet after watching vids, but will test some more.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='flshg' timestamp='1361875359' post='2094994']

This has to be entered into terminal emulator, or via adb shell (if using terminal then use 'su' first). You'll need to enter this command after each reboot. If it works you can add it to the init.d folder so it'll be applied automatically after a reboot. I haven't had a reboot yet after watching vids, but will test some more.
[/quote]

Hi fishg,

when you consider that you have done sufficient testing, say something here, so I can include that in the ROM..

Thanks,
João Ventura

Posted · Report post

now radio is working in jb so are you planing to get eco jb rom...

Posted · Report post

[quote name='flshg' timestamp='1361875359' post='2094994']
[/quote]Nice, worked like a charm: No reboot while watching a 47 minute clip on Youtube. Certainly a big improvement :-)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='gourav35' timestamp='1361918505' post='2095446']
now radio is working in jb so are you planing to get eco jb rom...
[/quote]

Hi, not yet! I will still try to port FM Radio back to CM9.. Well, I don't use the FM radio regularly, just want to have CM9 with most things working.. :)

[quote name='don81' timestamp='1361922796' post='2095467']
Nice, worked like a charm: No reboot while watching a 47 minute clip on Youtube. Certainly a big improvement :-)
[/quote]

Ok, so I assume the "thing" works (as C3C0 as said also).. I will add it in the next release! :)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jventura' timestamp='1361904841' post='2095304']
Hi fishg,

when you consider that you have done sufficient testing, say something here, so I can include that in the ROM..

Thanks,
João Ventura
[/quote]

I'd say its safe to include in your next rom, seems to do the trick.

Posted · Report post

Boas João Ventura :)

Já tentaste dar uma olhada ao ultimo build do daemond ? O do CM10 já tem o Rádio FM a funcionar direito porque não dás uma olhada e tentas usar isso como base para o teu próximo EcoCM10 ?

Desde mais abraços ;)

Posted · Report post

Uma partição de 162mb não devia funcionar? Tento instalar e diz que não há espaço suficiente para instalar os extras...

Posted · Report post

[quote name='WiiSky70' timestamp='1362003168' post='2095928']
Já tentaste dar uma olhada ao ultimo build do daemond ? O do CM10 já tem o Rádio FM a funcionar direito porque não dás uma olhada e tentas usar isso como base para o teu próximo EcoCM10 ?
[/quote]

Hi there, this is an international forum, so you guys should really use English on your posts.. :)
I'm stiking with CM9 for the time being, because last time I compiled CM10, it was such a battery eater (when screen on) that I've quit using it in less than one month.. But I'll try to port FM radio to CM9, although I don't really use it!

[quote name='keevre' timestamp='1362004053' post='2095932']
Uma partição de 162mb não devia funcionar? Tento instalar e diz que não há espaço suficiente para instalar os extras...
[/quote]

162MB is works just fine. The error about the extras is because there are no extras to install! So everything is fine.. :)

Posted · Report post

Hey,

Generally a good rom, I'm surprised to see my blade running ICS but there we go.

One thing though, annoying as f...: I can't get instagram to work. There is just no way. I went back to the 1.1 version and it still freezes at the same point, right before I could filter my pic ('Unfortunately, the process com.instagram.android has stopped'). The rest of the app works correctly, photo feed, explore, likes and my acc.

Anybody else having this problem? Is there a workaround?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='efbe' timestamp='1362396305' post='2097753']
One thing though, annoying as f...: I can't get instagram to work. There is just no way. I went back to the 1.1 version and it still freezes at the same point, right before I could filter my pic ('Unfortunately, the process com.instagram.android has stopped'). The rest of the app works correctly, photo feed, explore, likes and my acc.

Anybody else having this problem? Is there a workaround?
[/quote]

To me it runs up to the point of asking login credentials. Since I am not a Instagram user, I can't go on after that, but it works fine up to there..

Posted · Report post

when installing the rom before display "install from sdcard complete" show me -( instaling update...... , instaling boot image...... , instaling extras...... , NOT enough space for extras . Skipping......)

why he wrote it, and how to fix

but otherwise the rom works

Posted · Report post

Common question, already answered in this thread: the ROM has no extras, so ignore this message. ;)

Posted · Report post

thanks elrond_bs (Благодаря)

Posted · Report post

will we have a radio on this rom soon

Posted · Report post

[quote name='masterlud' timestamp='1362597098' post='2098872']
will we have a radio on this rom soon
[/quote]

I've been (slowly) working on it, so it will take a while..