[23/07/2013][ICS] Eco CM9 - aiming for stability and battery efficiency

Guest jventura

Guest jventura

27/03/2013 (http://www.multiupload.nl/EIZX3PWUP8) [Experimental Build]

• Updated Effem (FM Radio application) (by Daemond)
  • Fix FM off when other streams are active (by Daemond)
  • Add sd-ext directory (thanks to C3CO)

Hi there,

I've just made a new build. Anyone that had problems with S2E can try this experimental build to see if it is fixed now? :)

Don't forget to reinstall the gapps package!

Edited by jventura

Guest mitchde

Q: I have an working Link2SD in use (24.03. build) - does the changes in 27.03. build (for S2E users) have an side effect to working LINK2SD ?

Must i also reinstall minigapps if i come from working 24.03 build? I can see that the miniapps DL was uploaded 27.01, so i am sure to have newest already.

PS: Great CM 9 build - i am very happy with it - THANKS!

Edited by mitchde

Guest jimmy2x2x

I was thinking of upgrading my blade to another handset and thought I would try a new rom first, this one looked solid so I tried it...

WOW - very nice job, very impressive ;)

Thanks so much for your ongoing efforts, BLADE FOREVER ;)

Guest jventura

Q: I have an working Link2SD in use (24.03. build) - does the changes in 27.03. build (for S2E users) have an side effect to working LINK2SD ?

Must i also reinstall minigapps if i come from working 24.03 build? I can see that the miniapps DL was uploaded 27.01, so i am sure to have newest already.

I suggest to first make a backup of the 24/03 ROM, and then to install the new build and the gapps package. If you could tell me if still works with LINK2SD, I would be grateful, since I don't use that kind of apps. If everything is fine for LINK2SD, I expect to mark 27/03 build as stable and continue from there.. :)

Oh, everytime you reinstall the ROM, you have to install the gapps, because the ROM script formats the /system partition, and so, deletes the gapps files. The procedure is always install ROM and then gapps.

Now!

Perfect, no longer slows down with S2E. Now we can talk about the best ROM for our Blade.

Great! :)

Lets wait for mitchde to report that there's no problem with LINK2SD, and then move on..

Edited by jventura

Guest mitchde

i am back :)

27.03. didn't have negative sideeffect on LINK2SD - i made an full wipe + again gapps (before 24.03) and works like before.

Guest jventura

i am back :)

27.03. didn't have negative sideeffect on LINK2SD - i made an full wipe + again gapps (before 24.03) and works like before.

Ok mitchde, thanks! :)

So, the 27.03 build can be considered stable as far as LINK2SD and S2E is concerned.. I will (probably) "rebrand" it as stable, for other folks to update if they want..

Guest Jitesh12345

Phone Reboots after 10-15 min while talking to someone on call & sometimes watching youtube for around 30-40 mins... plz fix that urgent problem it is. Otherwise no issues . Smooth rom

Guest jventura

Phone Reboots after 10-15 min while talking to someone on call & sometimes watching youtube for around 30-40 mins... plz fix that urgent problem it is. Otherwise no issues . Smooth rom

Which version are you using? Are you sure it is not an application you have installed? I've been talking on the phone for 30-40 minutes and never ever had a reboot..

Try to reinstall the latest ROM and gapps, and if it does not fix the problem, wipe data..

About youtube, the 24.03 build had a patch, which was supposed to fix Youtube!

Guest lpinho

Hi,

I've got a gen1 Blade transformed to gen2 to install the Swedish RLS7.

When I try to install this version, it complains about not having space for extras and then, if try to boot, it gets stuck in the android.

Can you help me out or its better to revert?

Thanks,

Luís Pinho

Guest lunario

Hi,

I've got a gen1 Blade transformed to gen2 to install the Swedish RLS7.

When I try to install this version, it complains about not having space for extras and then, if try to boot, it gets stuck in the android.

Can you help me out or its better to revert?

Thanks,

Luís Pinho

there is no extras to install so everything is ok just reboot after that message

Edited by lunario

Guest lpinho

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

I've done that, after 10 minutes with the little green man, I gave up.

I'm able to restore the previous version, so, I'm not very worried, but I would like to try out this version, its even put together by a Portuguese :)

I tried the experimental version, I will try the stable one.

Thanks again,

Luís Pinho

EDIT: Just tried the stable version, same problem, waited 15 mins just to make sure, any advices?

Edited by lpinho

Guest gourav35

So finally Mr jventura has got stable eco cm9 with fm...So now I can request for eco cm 10.1 : )

Edited by gourav35

Guest jventura

EDIT: Just tried the stable version, same problem, waited 15 mins just to make sure, any advices?

Do you have 160MB in your /system partition? (To check, go to the terminal app, do "df" and check).

Did you wipe the data, clear cache? If you come from another version (like CM7/CM10/CM10.1) it may not work..

So finally Mr jventura has got stable eco cm9 with fm...So now I can request for eco cm 10.1 : )

No luck.. :)

Edited by jventura

Guest lpinho

No,

Do you have 160MB in your /system partition? (To check, go to the terminal app, do "df" and check).

Did you wipe the data, clear cache? If you come from another version (like CM7/CM10/CM10.1) it may not work..

Just 128 MB, I will expand this to 160 MB and try again.

Yes, I always wipe everything :)

I was using the Swedish RLS7

Thanks for the reply and help,

Luis Pinho

Guest jventura

Just 128 MB, I will expand this to 160 MB and try again.

Yes, I always wipe everything :)

Oi Luís,

to use all these CM9/CM10/CM10.1, you really need 160MB on your system partition.. :)

Use TPTHelper from the PlayStore to help you with using TPT's for changing the partition sizes. Always take care of checking md5sum's and things like that so you don't brick your phone.. TPTHelper is good for that.. If you need more info, search here in MoDaCo how to run a TPT (Short version: it is just a /image folder in your SD-Card and reboot with Home and Vol+ (or just Vol+))

Cumprimentos

Guest Rockas

Everything seems working like a charm... congratulations and thank you jventura :-)

Including MMSs that, as usuall, is broken on 4.2.2

Do you know if it is possible to back port the android 4.2.2 contact app?

It is the only thing I miss... being able to see contact photos bigger and that "small" integration with Facebook.

Guest lector.pt
Hi,

When I try to restore apps with titanium it says that it doesn't have any backup in this platform (??)

Thanks

Well I don't known what I did but I flashed, again, cm10.1 konstaKANG 29/03 and at beginning I had the same problem with some apps (compatibility??). Now it allows to install almost all apps (just did some reboots) but I still can't install s2e, at his moment I am using link2sd.

I do always full wipe.

What can I have done wrong?

Guest luisfeser

jventura, can you enable in your rom, or make a mod/addon, to have mixed navigation/status bar like in paranoid

screenshot2013010418330.png

I don't know in your blades, but in mine hardware keys are dying, and i would to extend its lives :D

Edited by luisfeser

Guest luisfeser

Yes, i know it. But i would prefer to have only one bar, with navigation and status bar together. I'm playing with paranoid, works so good. But still prefer ics

Thanks

Guest jventura

jventura, can you enable in your rom, or make a mod/addon, to have mixed navigation/status bar like in paranoid

Nope, sorry! I have so many good things to do with my free time.. :)

But you can always install the SoftKey app above!