[23/07/2013][ICS] Eco CM9 - aiming for stability and battery efficiency

Guest jventura

Guest jventura

But I can't find a way to add some more icons to the power bar... like turn on/off mobile data...

and, its just me or the red led dont turns on when I receive a message?

For the notification area icons (power bar) check Settings > System > Notificaton Area > Widget buttons (?)

About the leds, I get the green led for received sms. Red is only for missed calls, i think..

Guest brunoalex

Thanks! ;)

Those were the icons I was looking for

With the leds, I noticed that when I receive a sms and the screen turns on, the leds flashes red... but when the screen goes to sleep, the led stops flashing too... Dunno if this happens only with me =\

Guest jventura

With the leds, I noticed that when I receive a sms and the screen turns on, the leds flashes red... but when the screen goes to sleep, the led stops flashing too... Dunno if this happens only with me =\

The leds only flash when the phone is not in deep sleep. When it enters deep sleep, it stops flashing but the led stays on..

Guest brunoalex

The leds only flash when the phone is not in deep sleep. When it enters deep sleep, it stops flashing but the led stays on..

Yes, in deep sleep with your eco rom cm7 the led stays on... In this one it turns off... So I dont know when I have a new sms without turning the screen on (even if I have an sms, the led stays turned off, it only flashes while the screen is on... after that it turns of)

Guest jventura

Yes, in deep sleep with your eco rom cm7 the led stays on... In this one it turns off... So I dont know when I have a new sms without turning the screen on (even if I have an sms, the led stays turned off, it only flashes while the screen is on... after that it turns of)

Which is strange, because when I receive an sms, the led flashes for 5 seconds, then it stays on because the phone enters deep sleep..

Guest probals

Hi Joao,

Trying this ROM again after Eco CM7. As usual it's as fast and stable as they come on our Blade. :)

One feature from CM7 I miss though - The Blacklist feature in Call settings. Was it removed in CM9? Can you add it to this, if possible? I have tried blacklisting apps from the play store but none of them work as well as the CM7 in-built feature.

Many thanks!

P

Guest lpinho

Hi Ventura,

sorry for the late reply (regarding the voice dialer).

I've installed the apk that you supplied (thanks for that) but it still didn't work, I would always get a "sorry, voice dialler as ended" (or something similar), basically, the dialler would end without making the call and then it no longer worked (I had to force stop the application in order to make it "sensible" to my bluetooth headset).

My next step was to install cm9 from konsta and check it it worked, and everything works correctly. I'm able to use my bluetooth headset to start voice conversations.

The only thing left for me to do is to strip this of all the junk that you already removed in the eco and find out the missing link between the voice dialler and the rest.

Many thanks for all the hard work you have done,

Luis Pinho

Guest jesuita

Hello jventura.

Tried your rom and it really is good, i might even install it on the girls phone too.

Is it possible to port digital chronus clock used on jelly bean?

The weather widget on lockscreen isnt working, anyone else has this problem?

Other than this everything seems to be working pretty nicely :)

Guest saccet

The weather widget on lockscreen isnt working, anyone else has this problem?

I have this also.

Another problem is Auto Brightness doesn't work. All the sensor levels in auto brightness settings show -1.

Guest jventura

I have this also.

Another problem is Auto Brightness doesn't work. All the sensor levels in auto brightness settings show -1.

I can guarantee that Auto Brightness is working fine.. Maybe a problem with your phone?

Guest the_fox

Hi, thanks for the great ROM. I've been shuffling around with KonstaT's ROMS for a while now and am just loving the speed/stability of this one.

Just noticed one thing today, and am wondering if it's just me, or a problem with the ROM/camera...

For the activation of a certain app, I needed to scan a QR code. But he wouldn't scan it. He did focus ok, like he did the last time I used it (Swedish Snow was the last time I used the barcode scanner I think); but didn't recognise a QR code. Same thing with barcodes. This was with the internal barcode scanner from the app; aswell as the Barcode Scanner app ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.zxing.client.android ). Could someone test it out, scanning either a barcode or a QR code. I just want to know if it's a general problem or if I need to troubleshoot it myself :)

Guest cornelyus

awesome work jventura.. I was ready to give up my ZTE to buy another terminal, but nothing gets my attention for an affordable price right now.. I don't want a phone bigger than 4" ..

My ZTE just got new life, awesome :)

Just one thing, and really small.. I had CM7, and the default led was green : missed call, red: missed SMS .. now it's the opposite.. is there any settings for this? It's no big deal really.. Just something i was accostumed too..

Congrats

Guest jventura

Just one thing, and really small.. I had CM7, and the default led was green : missed call, red: missed SMS .. now it's the opposite.. is there any settings for this? It's no big deal really.. Just something i was accostumed too..

I think it is only doable in the source code (liblights)..

Guest saccet

I have this also.

Try Velis Auto brightness, it solved my problem with the light sensor.

It started working just by clicking around in the light level settings (load defaults if I remember correctly). Now the sensors display realistic values instead of -1.

Guest cornelyus

I think it is only doable in the source code (liblights)..

no problem.. it's ok as it is!

But... one thing.. I installed the mini gapps right after installing the ROM, and I only noticed now that they didn't install after all :S ... I am almost sure that on recovery screen it showed me that everything went well...

should I install them again?

Edited by cornelyus

Guest jventura

no problem.. it's ok as it is!

But... one thing.. I installed the mini gapps right after installing the ROM, and I only noticed now that they didn't install after all :S ... I am almost sure that on recovery screen it showed me that everything went well...

should I install them again?

Check that you have 160MB on the system partition: Go to terminal app and write "df" (without quotes)..

Guest cornelyus

yeah.. I thought I had.. just wanted to confirm.. Install ROM again? No other solution? I already installed the apps I need and all that stuff.. i'll do it, just want to make sure there isn't another solution to get the gapps working..

thanks for your time..

Guest jventura

yeah.. I thought I had.. just wanted to confirm.. Install ROM again? No other solution? I already installed the apps I need and all that stuff.. i'll do it, just want to make sure there isn't another solution to get the gapps working..

thanks for your time..

You don't need to wipe out your data! Just format the /system and /cache partitions, reinstall the ROM and then the Gapps package.

Your data won't disappear, because it is in another partition (/data).. :)

Guest merdo84

Found a small problem : File Manager's Dark Theme and Bluetooth file transfer not work on my blade ... pls fix it (system app)

Edited by merdo84

Guest cornelyus

You don't need to wipe out your data! Just format the /system and /cache partitions, reinstall the ROM and then the Gapps package.

Your data won't disappear, because it is in another partition (/data).. :)

Thanks, I did what you suggested.. And when installing the ROM again..

"...

installing extras

not enough space for extras. Skipping...

Install from sdcard complete."

And still, no gapps :S, even though is says installation was made correctly...

Sorry bothering you with this.. if you prefer I can send you PM, maybe in Portuguese?

Edited by cornelyus