[23/07/2013][ICS] Eco CM9 - aiming for stability and battery efficiency

Guest jventura

Hi unmesh,

Efem is working fine here, are you sure it is not working on your phone?

I'm not aware of texture corrupution on home screen, is there any reliable way of triggering them?

About options like "Cyanogenmod update", I'll leave them alone since there's no (big) gain in removing them.. :)

I have dell xcd35 512 ram... efem is really not working... it will make things less messy and will look nice if u remove those option and that those option is not working and not necessary also if you remove those options like it look good and will not eat memory also....screen gets freeze sometimes in call log, facebook app dosent work it says "unfortunately Facebook process stopped"..please make it more stable and faster with zero bugs and all working apps..

i have many hopes from you, good work by the way..

Edited by Guest

jventure please help me i have dell xcd35 device and after installing custom roms everywhere my phones shows that its a "ZTE BLADE" if i click a pic after it in gallery if we see the details in that "camera : cyanogen mod blade" i don't want that blade name how to change name "blade to xcd35" everywhere in ROM....it should look like dell xcd35 ROM not zte blade device..please help me

Guest jventura

jventure please help me i have dell xcd35 device and after installing custom roms everywhere my phones shows that its a "ZTE BLADE" if i click a pic after it in gallery if we see the details in that "camera : cyanogen mod blade" i don't want that blade name how to change name "blade to xcd35" everywhere in ROM....it should look like dell xcd35 ROM not zte blade device..please help me

Well, your phone is indeed a ZTE Blade, and you have to live with it! :)

Here, it is called San Francisco; in China is V880; in India is Dell XCD35, etc. But ZTE Blade, is its real name..

But you can change some strings in /system/build.prop..

About the problems you mentioned (Effem, lags, screen corruptions) they do not happen in my phone. Maybe you should clear everything, format /system, /boot, etc., and reinstall everything again!

About the menu options, I'll leave it alone.. :)

Well, your phone is indeed a ZTE Blade, and you have to live with it! :)

Here, it is called San Francisco; in China is V880; in India is Dell XCD35, etc. But ZTE Blade, is its real name..

But you can change some strings in /system/build.prop..

About the problems you mentioned (Effem, lags, screen corruptions) they do not happen in my phone. Maybe you should clear everything, format /system, /boot, etc., and reinstall everything again!

About the menu options, I'll leave it alone.. :)

Means you will not remove those kind of unnecessary option or you dont know how remove them...

Guest elrond_bs

Could you please stop spamming like this?! The developer decides what to remove and what not. This ROM can't be stock, because it's based on CM9. The options you mentioned have absolutely NO effect on system performance or stability! Apparently you don't have any basic knowledge of how things work, but you still act like you know better than the developer. It's disrespectful and will bring you a ban if you continue.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest ehleh

my phone works on deep sleeping :) thanks on this rom :) i expect alot on this rom, btw?.. the stable build not the experimental, also panorama doesnt work?

Guest Spider-Vice

Something weird's happening here, I can't seem to install apk's now, it always says I have insufficient space while I have like 100 MB free on my internal storage. I'm using S2E. Tried clearing caches, dalvik cache to no avail.

Could you please stop spamming like this?! The developer decides what to remove and what not. This ROM can't be stock, because it's based on CM9. The options you mentioned have absolutely NO effect on system performance or stability! Apparently you don't have any basic knowledge of how things work, but you still act like you know better than the developer. It's disrespectful and will bring you a ban if you continue.

buddy if i would have no basic knowledge of how things work then i wouldnt have put my nose in this, so cant say like this i have mention below link of my mod you through it you will know does i have any knowledge or m i spamming....

Guest elrond_bs

It certanly looked like spamming (your posts are repetitive and too imperative). If you have the knowledge, the source code for the ROM is available and you can easily build your own version with these options removed. ;)

It certanly looked like spamming (your posts are repetitive and too imperative). If you have the knowledge, the source code for the ROM is available and you can easily build your own version with these options removed. ;)

unfortunately i didnt ask you so please stay out of this.... as i have posted in jventure topic so i have asked him not you...as jventure said that we are not polluting the topic so plz stay out...

Guest cougarcougar

unfortunately i didnt ask you so please stay out of this.... as i have posted in jventure topic so i have asked him not you...as jventure said that we are not polluting the topic so plz stay out...

There is a proper way to ask for help. Like "how do I make my about phone say dell xcd35 instead of ZTE blade? " and "how do I remove FM radio from the rom?" Then you might get better help than your hostile way. Read the forum rules and don't bug the many devs that you have already. Asking for help is fine. Demands are just amusing. You will end up with little or no help, on every dev's ignore list, or reported.

And jventure answered clearly that you make the changes in the build.prop for the phone model. He also answered that no changes were going to be made due to your suggestions . Fm was just added and being developed. Read the changelogs. We are lucky enough that these roms are still in an ongoing developing state. You can use the older builds without Fm radio.

If you are having problems with the rom, research how to get a catlog and submit your bugs. Or see if a similar bug has been reported.

Edited by cougarcougar

Guest probals

Unmesh, Sorry to say but someone should really teach you some basic decency.

Devs spend time on these forums doing things for other people for free. They have lives to lead, bills to pay, etc. No one is obligated towards anyone, especially not for thankless, rude folks! Your behaviour, at best warrants a ban from the mods, and at worst gives us fellow Indians who are trying to learn, absorb & be part of this community a bad name.

Joao, sorry to spam. Your work is really appreciated!

Best

P

Guest ty_hot

Yes, the system needs some free space to function, you shouldn't go below 40MB. Move some apps to SD, you can also use Link2SD or S2E.

I gave up trying using S2E and things like this, my SD card is s*** and whenever I try to use it my phone starts to run really slow. it takes one second to show the keybod when i want to write something, and even while I am writting its not as responsive as if it was installed inside the phone. I just use the normal 'move to SD' option, which is not present in all apps. But as the apps I wanted to install were not so important i dont care, i can be without them without a problem.

Guest elrond_bs

He already answered that several times, read the topic. There are some very good CM10 ROMs already.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest dragonpt

jventura can u make a stable eco cm10 or 10.1 ? plsss :)

CM 10 and 10.1 = KonstaT and Demon (continuation of KonstaT CM10 )Roms

CM9 = Jventura

CM7 = Jventura; t0mm1b ; SwedishSnow Roms

Edited by dragonpt

Guest cornelyus

Hey guys..

weird stuff happening..

I use quickpic for gallery, but this happens on gallery also.. when I open a picture it shows for a second, then all black..

And when I share it to instagram to make a post, it acts weird.. anyone else experiencing this? or maybe is it just because of the app that I use for gallery?

Guest flshg

.. when I open a picture it shows for a second, then all black..

I also have this problem, its intermittent, but find a different gallery app works better. I'm using gallery ICS which works well.

Guest keevre

Try rebuild cache.

jventura, is your music app working properly? Mine always crashes after a few songs and it's quite a useful app compared to Android Music since it has that thing to change the song from the notication drawer...

Guest jventura

Hi there,

I've just uploaded a stable release (link on the first post), which is almost the same as the latest experimental build, except I've removed wifi tethering because it is still not working..

For those coming from previous Eco CM9 versions, just format /system (not strictly necessary, but recommended) and install the ROM and then the gapps package.