[23/07/2013][ICS] Eco CM9 - aiming for stability and battery efficiency

Guest jventura

Guest Mihai Enea

Nobody don't have a solution or a clue?

I am using this ROM for almost a month now and it is rock stable. No RR no SOD and it's very fast.(doesn't have the smoothness of 10 and 10.1 unfortunately)

Guest sam tyler

hello Jventura,i want to try your rom but every time i try to download the mini G.apps,it keeps trying download ived manager.or it cant find the page where the G apps file is.do you have any other downloading site i can get the Gaaps file? or anyone else has the Gaaps file? thanks.-----update---- sorry problem my end,its downloading now.

Edited by sam tyler

Guest sam tyler

I find stock music app was force closing so I wiped data in apps(settings) and that cured it.for a good browser, I use opera. also find this rom didn't lag on this phone.(Gen2 5 mp camera version) and using link 2 SD always helps.

Guest elrond_bs

Yes, Opera is nice (Classic version, not the new one), although it takes few seconds to load in the beginning. Link2SD is OK, but Mounts2SD is more reliable.

OFFTOPIC: BTW, you should change your signature as your phone is working now and you are no longer trapped in 1973 (like Sam from LoM) :D

Guest sam tyler

Yes, Opera is nice (Classic version, not the new one), although it takes few seconds to load in the beginning. Link2SD is OK, but Mounts2SD is more reliable.

OFFTOPIC: BTW, you should change your signature as your phone is working now and you are no longer trapped in 1973 (like Sam from LoM) :D

. never used mounts 2sd,will have to check it out. B.T.W,my phone only works in the railway arms!!

Guest MatRpanir

Hi, finally got round to trying this ROM and after a couple of days it really does seem remarkably good, so many thanks to JVentura.

The only minor thing that bothers me is that when the phone is in landscape mode there appears to be a dock divider like line at the opposite end to the dock, this happens even with the dock divider off. Anyone know of a cure? - Thanks.

Guest r.omega888

Helo! I tried several ics based roms and so far this is my favorite, except one thing. On other roms when i enter to the multi task ui (with longpress of the "house" button) there is a kill all aps button, but i cant find it in this rom. Is there a way to add it?

Guest cartierv

Nice rom. Finally upgraded from fish and chips. However,no wifi tethering apps work anymore here.

I need tether for internet. Any way round this?

Thanks

Guest jventura

Nice rom. Finally upgraded from fish and chips. However,no wifi tethering apps work anymore here.

I need tether for internet. Any way round this?

Thanks

Wifi tethering is not working in Eco CM9. I've tried once to fix this, and it's not easy to fix (at least I couldn't do it easily), so I can't give any estimate for when I'll get back to it. I'm using Eco CM7 for now, and I'm (passively) looking for a new phone, so I don't know if it will ever get fixed.. Let's see what happens in the mean time.. :)

Guest cartierv

Wifi tethering is not working in Eco CM9. I've tried once to fix this, and it's not easy to fix (at least I couldn't do it easily), so I can't give any estimate for when I'll get back to it. I'm using Eco CM7 for now, and I'm (passively) looking for a new phone, so I don't know if it will ever get fixed.. Let's see what happens in the mean time.. :)

Right, there is a way round it which i'm using now. There's some beta I've found here:

not sure if it's old or new, hard to see on Opera on my Blade, but if anyone is having trouble with this, search for a link on the page that takes you to:

wifi_tether_v3_1-pre110.apk

This is working for me. The official Wifi Tether on Google Play does not work with this ROM. But this does.

Guest MatRpanir

@elrond_bs

Tried a differrent launcher (Apex) but still get the same thing :wacko:.

And I've just noticed that the search bar doesn't work for some reason :( Oops, just noticed this is aknown issue.

Edited by MatRpanir

Guest jventura

Jventura, do you plan an update soon or is this version final now?

I decided to keep the Blade for more time (bought a new pair of backup batteries), so I'll probably update this ROM. But it will still take some time before I release something, I'm busy with other projects..