[23/07/2013][ICS] Eco CM9 - aiming for stability and battery efficiency

Guest jventura

Guest zppinto

jventura since we are talking about updates, you can also make an update to the ROM, if it's possible.

At least update the CM9 repositories.

More than two months have passed since the last update...

Edited by zppinto

Guest jventura

jventura since we are talking about updates, you can also make an update to the ROM, if it's possible.

At least update the CM9 repositories.

More than two months have passed since the last update...

Nothing really important was updated in the CM9 repositories since 2 months, only a change in the CM Statistics, and a fix for GCC which is relevant only for compilation, so the latest build is still very up to date! :)

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

JVentura, the fix for the masterkey and other vulnerabilities were merged into CM9, that's why i think you need to update :)

Guest neortic_22

hi

I've installed this rom in my blade and i use S2E to extend the memory but without any app installed except S2E when i try to install any app i get the error "Insufficient Storage Available" but in the applications menu i have 174mb free. What's wrong?

Thanks

Guest hejinqiu

Hi there,

I've uploaded a new build, which fixes the Masterkey bug and is updated to the latest CM9, although not much has changed..

Users of previous versions need only to reinstall ROM and then Gapps..

can you have a faster camera, like 2.3.5, I have been meaning to ask! Thank you for your work Edited by hejinqiu

Guest jventura

can you have a faster camera, like 2.3.5, I have been meaning to ask! Thank you for your work

Try to replace camera from Eco CM7 to the zip file of Eco CM9 and install it + CM9 gapps, and see if it works (and faster).. I haven't done that, so I don't know what will happen, but I hardly believe your phone will explode! :)

Guest khadu

can someone plz provide a flashable zip for nav bar ........my hardware keys don't work properly :( and this rom dosen't have an option to enable it in the settings.

(i tried two nav bar mods for cm9 from xda forums but both didn't work with this rom :huh: )

Edited by khadu

Guest hejinqiu

Try to replace camera from Eco CM7 to the zip file of Eco CM9 and install it + CM9 gapps, and see if it works (and faster).. I haven't done that, so I don't know what will happen, but I hardly believe your phone will explode! :)

my phone become a bomb,afraid! :o Edited by hejinqiu

Guest smustafasms

can someone plz provide a flashable zip for nav bar ........my hardware keys don't work properly :( and this rom dosen't have an option to enable it in the settings.

(i tried two nav bar mods for cm9 from xda forums but both didn't work with this rom :huh: )

plz try softkey enabler from playstore , it will enable ur softkeys (navbar)

Guest qantaqa

Switched to this Rom a few days ago. Everything's fine but the GPS misplaces me constantly by roughly 50 m. Anyone seeing the same issue? A bit annoying as I also use the phone for geocaching. I have no clue what the root cause could be.

Guest jventura

Switched to this Rom a few days ago. Everything's fine but the GPS misplaces me constantly by roughly 50 m. Anyone seeing the same issue? A bit annoying as I also use the phone for geocaching. I have no clue what the root cause could be.

Always worked fine for me. Couldn't be the app you're using?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pereiraschumy

hi

I've installed this rom in my blade and i use S2E to extend the memory but without any app installed except S2E when i try to install any app i get the error "Insufficient Storage Available" but in the applications menu i have 174mb free. What's wrong?

Thanks

Same here. I have tried "format /cache" and "Wipe Dalvik Cache" and it didn't work.

I tried too and it didn't work.

Thanks.

Guest Rattonboy

Hi!

I install this rom and working werywell.But i no have googla play :(What i cant du? sry i englis not good:)

Install gapps from the page where the ROM is, then flash in recovery.

• 2 weeks later...

Great ROM. I have tested JB ROMs as well but I like the ICS-based EcoCM9 more.

However, I occasionally encounter the white text gmail bug with EcoCM9. Any recent ideas for a workaround? I know about killing the app and clearing gmail cache, which sometimes works.

Did the white text bug get fixed in CM10/10.1? Can anyone say how it was fixed and whether the fix could be implemented in CM9? For instance, in the list of changes for daemonds CM10 I noticed the entry "update KGSL from CAF, fixes GPU out of memory issues (i.e. white textures and the like)" (2013-02-26) -- is this a relevant change?