[23/07/2013][ICS] Eco CM9 - aiming for stability and battery efficiency

Guest jventura

Guest jventura

Uh... why don't you just add OI File Manager to the ROM? It's free, fast, and it gets the job done.

And its proprietary! CMFileManager is a community effort.. Much more value in that!

But if you want, you can remove CMFileManager from the zip inside /system/app, and install OIFileManager. I had OI FIle Manager before, and it is a good file manager, although CMFileManager is better for root things. Try to edit system.prop in CMFileManager. You can edit it right there on the phone..

instagram, facebook, viber and sometimes on browser it keeps on returning back to home screen:D

Don't know what the problem is. I had a problem on the browser also, but it was a one-time thing.. I'll be looking for it. If you find a pattern of failure, inform here so I can try to replicate it..

Thanks for the zip :) one thing, Is the áudio Routing fixed in this ROM ? Viber doesn't seem to direct the áudio to any of the speakers :P

I don't know of any problem about audio routing, well, I don't even know what problem is that! Wasn't it working in cm9?

Edited by jventura

And its proprietary! CMFileManager is a community effort.. Much more value in that!

But if you want, you can remove CMFileManager from the zip inside /system/app, and install OIFileManager. I had OI FIle Manager before, and it is a good file manager, although CMFileManager is better for root things. Try to edit system.prop in CMFileManager. You can edit it right there on the phone..

Don't know what the problem is. I had a problem on the browser also, but it was a one-time thing.. I'll be looking for it. If you find a pattern of failure, inform here so I can try to replicate it..

I don't know of any problem about audio routing, well, I don't even know what problem is that! Wasn't it working in cm9?

The problem with audio routing is that it is choosing the speaker to have calls on apps such as viber / skype, and there's another problem which is earplugs detection on CM9's and CM10's.

Guest judas1977

I want to ask if there is fix for mms implemented? Just like in burstlam's ROM (fix backported from cm10). I have my blade as "spare" phone with your minimalistic cm7. And I'm thinking of change it to your cm9 version...

Guest jventura

I want to ask if there is fix for mms implemented? Just like in burstlam's ROM (fix backported from cm10). I have my blade as "spare" phone with your minimalistic cm7. And I'm thinking of change it to your cm9 version...

Are you talking about automatic mms retrieval? I submitted that fix to cm10, cm9 and cm7, so this cm9 has it, as the Eco cm7..

Guest judas1977

Oh, I thought that your build with that patch was the first one, but I couldn't find it (couple of weeks without modaco and blade:)). There was general bug on ics, different devices have had problems with mms retrieving... people couldn't receive/send mms at all. But it was fixed on blade, apparently by your patch:)

Guest Mettafox

Great work jventura...

Your rom is great, but, can you add other I/O Scheduler, like SIO?

Noop is good, but SIO is better for a better and smooth UI.

Guest Snap.IT

Great work jventura...

Your rom is great, but, can you add other I/O Scheduler, like SIO?

Noop is good, but SIO is better for a better and smooth UI.

Just download the code, run menuconfig, add whatever schedulers you want, compile.

There are at least 50 guides on the net on how to do this, it won't make any difference in performance but have at it.

For now the fastest scheduler is noop with deadline being a close second, then bfq, then vr, then cfq and last and least SIO.

I don't know why people would EVER run SIO on flash drives, it makes no sense what so ever.

Guest jventura

jventura..great rom ! are you planning to come up with Eco versions for cm10 / 10.1 with better battery efficiency?

Probably not.. But you can apply the ideas of the 3rd post to cm10 or cm10.1 by KonstaT.. :)

Guest survietamine

hello, I come from an old CM7 and I did (in CWM) :

- wipe

- format /system

- install zip of latest Eco CM9

- install zip of mini gapps

Issues :

- gapps are missing (I tried to reinstall gapps zip = same)

- forced close when I choose Settings> Themes

Did I miss something ?

Maybe because I didn't put a SIM card ?

It is because I have an Atrix now, and I wanted to prepare this phone before I give it to someone.

Thanks for your help.

P.S. : When I flashed the ROM's zip, at the end I could read some kind of message :

"installing extras : not enought free space... skipping".

Edited by survietamine

Guest survietamine

Issues :

- gapps are missing (I tried to reinstall gapps zip = same)

- forced close when I choose Settings> Themes

P.S. : When I flashed the ROM's zip, at the end I could read some kind of message :

"installing extras : not enought free space... skipping".

I flashed the themes.zip and now Themes settings doesn't crash anymore.

But I put a SIM card and still not be able to configure a Google account.

I've also tried to flash the ICS gapps zip from goo.im => same result.

Edited by survietamine

Guest judas1977

MAYBE you are out of space on system partition? What partition scheme do you have? It shouldhave at least 160MB of system... if your partition is at least as big as author of Rom suggested-try to manually mount system partition before installing gapps... sometimes installation script fails and then gapps don't install at all

Guest jventura

I flashed the themes.zip and now Themes settings doesn't crash anymore.

But I put a SIM card and still not be able to configure a Google account.

I've also tried to flash the ICS gapps zip from goo.im => same result.

Open the terminal application and do "df". Search for the System partition.. Does it have 160MB or more?

If not, you have to do a TPT do get at least 160MB in the system partition. Else, consider Eco CM7 which fits in a 128 MB system partition!

Guest Butcher55

Great rom! so happy with it. but can you help me?do you use App2SD?i was using swedish snow before and it has Darktremor`s a2sd script added in rom so you can use ext partition to install apps. Please can you add this script to your rom?Or any advice?:) I have 500mb ext2 partition

Sorry for my "great" english :P

Guest survietamine

Open the terminal application and do "df". Search for the System partition.. Does it have 160MB or more?

If not, you have to do a TPT do get at least 160MB in the system partition. Else, consider Eco CM7 which fits in a 128 MB system partition!

Hello, thanks for your answer.

You're right, `df` indicates that my /system partition has only 136 MiB.

I have a GEN1, but I did (long time ago) a TPT to GEN2.

But I didn't touch my Blade during one year because I bought Defy and Atrix models.

Maybe I had put it back to GEN1, cannot remember.

I'll set it to GEN2 and retry your ROM then.

Best regards and congrats for your efforts.

Guest jventura

Great rom! so happy with it. but can you help me?do you use App2SD?i was using swedish snow before and it has Darktremor`s a2sd script added in rom so you can use ext partition to install apps. Please can you add this script to your rom?Or any advice? :) I have 500mb ext2 partition

Hi there,

I don't use app2sd, so I can't be of any help to you, but maybe someone knows something. Anybody? :)

Hello, thanks for your answer.

You're right, `df` indicates that my /system partition has only 136 MiB.

I have a GEN1, but I did (long time ago) a TPT to GEN2.

But I didn't touch my Blade during one year because I bought Defy and Atrix models.

Maybe I had put it back to GEN1, cannot remember.

I'll set it to GEN2 and retry your ROM then.

Best regards and congrats for your efforts.

You will need the TPT to make /system with 160MB..

Edited by jventura

Guest sanpesan

Great rom! so happy with it. but can you help me?do you use App2SD?i was using swedish snow before and it has Darktremor`s a2sd script added in rom so you can use ext partition to install apps. Please can you add this script to your rom?Or any advice? :) I have 500mb ext2 partition

As KonstaT said:

No need to flash anything. Just install S2E from the play shop. If the options are greyed out on the first time, go to S2E settings and tick 'Mount as ext4' and reboot. Tick the Applications and Private apps boxes, reboot and never worry about it again. ;)

Edited by sanpesan

I really appreciate u, u are looking ahead for stability of this rom...i really like this thing...konsta also should do this....keep it up, by the way rom is good...great work..........

Guest survietamine

You will need the TPT to make /system with 160MB..

Hello, thank you, I did TPT to GEN2 with 220 MB for /system.

It's OK now, but i find that the launcher is a bit slow.

I like Lightning launcher the most on my smartphones.

But I think it'll be too complicated for lambda user for whom I'll give this Blade.

As I'm looking for the fastest/stable ROM for the Blade, maybe I'll try Eco CM7.

Guest probals

Liking the ROM till now! Came back from Konsta's CM10 because I wanted faster multi-tasking.

One question - I want to remove the Eco Wallpapers using the File Manager with root to get some more space on /system. Where can I find the folder/files?

Can you suggest some more deletions in /system to get more space?

Thanks,

P

Edited by probals

Guest jventura

One question - I want to remove the Eco Wallpapers using the File Manager with root to get some more space on /system. Where can I find the folder/files?

Can you suggest some more deletions in /system to get more space?

EcoWallpapers is /system/app/EcoWallpapers.apk

You must choose yourself what to delete more, like Term.apk (Terminal) if you don't use it, etc. You can also try to trim unused dictionaries inside LatinIME.apk..