[23/07/2013][ICS] Eco CM9 - aiming for stability and battery efficiency

Guest jventura

Guest probals

EcoWallpapers is /system/app/EcoWallpapers.apk

You must choose yourself what to delete more, like Term.apk (Terminal) if you don't use it, etc. You can also try to trim unused dictionaries inside LatinIME.apk..

Thanks. Answers my question.

Been using for 2 days now. No complaints as yet. Good job jventura. Most appreciated. Hope you keep updating as necessary.

Cheers! :)

Guest jventura

Jventura...how can i trim latin.ime whats a easier way to trim for someone who is not a developer ?

Open LatinIME with a zip tool, go to /res/raw-xx and delete the main.dict file for the xx languages you don't want.. Then zip the file again to .apk and push it to /system/app.

I don't know if it will work ok, but you have always the original LatinIME.apk to push, if it does not work! :)

Guest Butcher55

Btw. I'm using this rom about week and im having as good battery life as i had on swedish snow! Thanks

One more question: how can i fix voice search?i cant get it work..yes i have copied voicesearch.apk to system/app and changed its permissions but still fc's :/

Hi, I dont seem to be able to find anywhere to download the Gapps package, all the links on multiupload are dead and one page even has a virus on it.

It also took a while to find somewhere to download the ROM aswell.

Guest jventura

Hi, I dont seem to be able to find anywhere to download the Gapps package, all the links on multiupload are dead and one page even has a virus on it.

It also took a while to find somewhere to download the ROM aswell.

The first link of the ROM worked for me! But the gapps link is not working anymore..

Use Baxxxx's mirror for now (should be working, I guess..), I'll fix it next year! :)

Happy new year to everyone, btw.. :)

Edited by jventura

Guest lucazade

What a great ROM.. thanks jventura!

Lately I've tried the cm10 by Konsta but the battery unfortunately lasted just half a day (usually with cm7 I got 1/2 days).

Now with your EcoBlade i'm really satisfied .. it doesn't drain anything. Great job!

I had just to install Pico TTS via .apk to get Voice guide in Google Map/Navigator.. Also Simple2Ext works great on this rom.

BTW... Happy new year to everybody from Rome ;)

Guest ntopas

Open the terminal application and do "df". Search for the System partition.. Does it have 160MB or more?

If not, you have to do a TPT do get at least 160MB in the system partition. Else, consider Eco CM7 which fits in a 128 MB system partition!

my df output is

Filesystem		   1K-blocks	  Used Available Use% Mounted on

tmpfs				   215084	    32    215052   0% /dev

tmpfs					 4096		 0	  4096   0% /sqlite_stmt_journals

tmpfs				   215084		 0    215084   0% /mnt/asec

tmpfs				   215084		 0    215084   0% /mnt/obb

/dev/block/mtdblock5    225280    126108	 99172  56% /system

/dev/block/mtdblock6    166400    149696	 16704  90% /data

/dev/block/mtdblock4	 38400	  1164	 37236   3% /cache

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2    468331	  8238    435108   2% /system/sd

/dev/block/vold/179:1

1453196    736180    717016  51% /mnt/sdcard

/dev/block/vold/179:1

1453196    736180    717016  51% /mnt/secure/asec

so i can try this rom, (i think that system is about 220mb?)

I do not run windows, so tpt is not an option for me..

My current version of clockworkmod is 5 may i keep this version or i must update it?

How can use the ext3 partition for storing apps using this rom?

thx for your patience and efffort!!

Guest jventura

Does it work with FM radio?

No FM radio here.. If you need FM radio, try Eco CM7.

so i can try this rom, (i think that system is about 220mb?)

I do not run windows, so tpt is not an option for me..

My current version of clockworkmod is 5 may i keep this version or i must update it?

How can use the ext3 partition for storing apps using this rom?

thx for your patience and efffort!!

It seems that your /system partition is 220MB.. If you do "df -h" it may appear in MB.

For TPT you don't need Windows (unless your phone is Gen 3, which I don't know nothing about it). Check the TPT Helper on Google Market, which helps you download a TPT and checks if it is secure to install.

Also, no problems with CMW 5, it is my current CMW!

Guest ntopas

It seems that your /system partition is 220MB.. If you do "df -h" it may appear in MB.

For TPT you don't need Windows (unless your phone is Gen 3, which I don't know nothing about it). Check the TPT Helper on Google Market, which helps you download a TPT and checks if it is secure to install.

Also, no problems with CMW 5, it is my current CMW!

thx jventura

so i must just follow these steps

Boot into CWM Recovery

Optionally, but HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: BACKUP YOUR CURRENT ROM

Wipe Data/Factory Reset (Mandatory if you're coming from any other ROM!)

Wipe Cache

Mounts/Storage > Format System (Mandatory if you're coming from any other ROM!)

Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache

Install from zip > Select downloaded ROM

Install from zip > Select download GAPPS

Reboot (might take a while,pls be patient!)

which apps are included in your link for Mini Gapps?

and in order to move apps in sd i should install Link2sd?

Guest lucazade

which apps are included in your link for Mini Gapps?

and in order to move apps in sd i should install Link2sd?

instead of link2sd use S2E from market.. it is a better solution ihmo.

after installation enable 'mount as ext4' in s2e options then reboot... open again s2e and enable the 4 checkbox in main page, reboot again and from now all your apps will be installed to sdcard (obviously sdext should be already partitioned)

Guest ntopas

instead of link2sd use S2E from market.. it is a better solution ihmo.

after installation enable 'mount as ext4' in s2e options then reboot... open again s2e and enable the 4 checkbox in main page, reboot again and from now all your apps will be installed to sdcard (obviously sdext should be already partitioned)

my partition is in ext3 is this a problem, and how could i fix this?

the procedure that i mentioned is the right one for this rom?

thx in advance!!

Guest lucazade

mine was ext3 as well.. looking in s2e logs it was correctly detected even if ext3 (probably converted in ext4 on the fly)..

otherwise you could try to partition it again in recovery manager.

Guest ntopas

Installed this rom

I had a problem importing my contacts from .vcf file (created by android 2.3.5 - export function)

i had to sync with gmail ..

but, thats a nice Rom..

Edited by ntopas

Guest Mark #255

[...]

[...]

Have you posted MD5s for these - I haven't seen them in the thread. I get:

40187e9e4f1db77c50167e972e1f4777 Eco-CM9-20121217-stable-blade.zip

b690a97df0479036ceae1d327e89dc30 mini-gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

cheers,

Mark

Nice ROM, but could you please include center clock in the next version? It doesn't drain battery, and it's turned off by default - so people who like it (like me) can turn it on. It makes the phone look nicer :)

Guest Surgat

What cache size do you recommend for this rom? I am using 20 mb, but I'm having problems to boot the TPT and haven't succeeded to install it yet (see this thread).

Also, could you provide TPT images with recommended partition layouts(i.e. the one you're using)?

Edit: would it be possible to install this without using a TPT? It's definitely not working...

Edited by Surgat

Guest ntopas

What cache size do you recommend for this rom? I am using 20 mb, but I'm having problems to boot the TPT and haven't succeeded to install it yet (see this thread).

Also, could you provide TPT images with recommended partition layouts(i.e. the one you're using)?

Edit: would it be possible to install this without using a TPT? It's definitely not working...

I've flashed this rom using clockworkmod in a Gen2 device (it was Gen1 and i made it Gen2..)

The only problems encountered so far is

- I had to remove the battery at once when the "Settings" function, malfunctioned and my phone would not respond any more..

Guest jventura

Nice ROM, but could you please include center clock in the next version? It doesn't drain battery, and it's turned off by default - so people who like it (like me) can turn it on. It makes the phone look nicer :)

Not a priority, but if patches are easy to apply, I'll check it out..

I'm using /system 160MB, 2MB /cache, and 279MB /data.. You must have a Gen2 device (either original Gen2 or TPT). Besides that, if your /system is greater or equal than 160MB, you should be fine, no need to TPT. The TPT's we know are just to change internal layouts to Gen2 and change partition's size.. You shouldn't be doing TPT's each time you install a ROM..

Guest kram23

Hi, Ive been using the ROM for a day now and so far so good. I was using Moldovial mile high mountan pie before, release 7 i think. I am missing some, well one I think, of the features that were in that ROM, im not sure waht its called, it was the scrolable options in the pull down notification bar. It had lots of options in it, this one only has 4.

Is there an app that could add a scrollable toggle thingy to the phone or is it possable to build this functionality into another build.

Is the callender thats included with this rom the standard android one? If it is its not quite as good as the older one, I dont seem to be able to add a new event from the month view by holding down on the day you want to do something on.

Appart from those 2 things its really good :D

Thanks

Mark.

Guest jventura

Hi, Ive been using the ROM for a day now and so far so good. I was using Moldovial mile high mountan pie before, release 7 i think. I am missing some, well one I think, of the features that were in that ROM, im not sure waht its called, it was the scrolable options in the pull down notification bar. It had lots of options in it, this one only has 4.

Is there an app that could add a scrollable toggle thingy to the phone or is it possable to build this functionality into another build.

Is the callender thats included with this rom the standard android one? If it is its not quite as good as the older one, I dont seem to be able to add a new event from the month view by holding down on the day you want to do something on.

Appart from those 2 things its really good :D

Thanks

Mark.

Hi Mark,

are you talking about the notification widgets? Check Settings > System > Notification area > Widget buttons (and order of the widget buttons)..

The calendar is the stock one, and yes, I also miss the monthly view, but the Google guys live one day at the time, so what can we do.. ;)

João Ventura