Superboot - Nexus 7 WiFi / 3G root solution

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rferrett

It is hold voume down on my NX7.

How do you unlock the bootloader? I don't seem to have that option, or maybe I am just being thick.

Guest rferrett

When I am trying to connect the NX7 to my computer it says "device drives not installed properly". When I do into device manager on other devices I have got "Nexus" appearing but it has the yellow exclamation triangle.

Guest rferrett

Must resist the temptation to fling my NX7 against the wall in frustration and anger. Tell you what, whatever oyu think about Samsung they at least make this s*** easy. Rooting my S2 and S3 were walk in the park compared to this bloody Nexus 7.....

Guest Spoke

Must resist the temptation to fling my NX7 against the wall in frustration and anger. Tell you what, whatever oyu think about Samsung they at least make this s*** easy. Rooting my S2 and S3 were walk in the park compared to this bloody Nexus 7.....

Try manually updating the drivers for the device with the yellow triangle - this was the only way I could get it to work.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Phil Lee

I installed the 64-bit version of PDANet to get my Nexus 7 to connect correctly. I was then able to to unlock and root it with no problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest alexbate

Thanks for the great tool!

Unfortunately lost root when doing the 4.1.2 OTA (although some people on XDA seemed to keep root), would someone braver than me be kind enough to check that this works with Android 4.1.2?

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the great tool!

Unfortunately lost root when doing the 4.1.2 OTA (although some people on XDA seemed to keep root), would someone braver than me be kind enough to check that this works with Android 4.1.2?

did anyone try it out yet on 4.1.2 ?

cheers,

Alebrt

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FrankieADZ

Would some please help me? :huh:

I tried to do the super boot with my N7 3g I unlocked it okay and then tried to root, I think it worked I'm not sure as now when it loads up its ask me for a password and something about decryption.

Can someone please please please help me.

Guest FrankieADZ

I have NO idea what that means! Tried wiping from recovery? Reflash factory images?

P

this is what I get Paul.

so can anyone help me. please ?:(

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest andybarker

I've just tried Paul's routine on my Nexus 7. Got the reboot loop :( Downloading the stock images now - hope that fixes it.

I did the unlock procedure first, then the de-rooting after. It then rebooted itself once, and then went around in the loop.

Edit:

Redoing the image from the stock image solved the problem.

Edited by andybarker

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ezablade

How did you ix it???

Help!

Ignoring my dodgy spelling.. fixed it... somehow.

I re-locked the bootloader, still asking for password, re-unlocked it, and it sprang to life. Not sure if it was doing that, or trying putting it into recovery before re-unlocking, but, I now have a rooted Nexus 7... now I have to hand it back and act surprised on Christmas morning.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest AggressorUK

I used described method (Superboot) to root my Nexus 7 HSPA+. Everything was just fine. Unfortunately suddenly my device started to produce very distorted sound (at 40% of volume and above). It seems that I need to send it back to Asus. What should I do to reverse "Superboot"? Is it enough if I just reflash it with the stock image?

Thanks in advance!

Guest PaulOBrien
I used described method (Superboot) to root my Nexus 7 HSPA+. Everything was just fine. Unfortunately suddenly my device started to produce very distorted sound (at 40% of volume and above). It seems that I need to send it back to Asus. What should I do to reverse "Superboot"? Is it enough if I just reflash it with the stock image?

Thanks in advance!

Stock image flash will do just fine.

P

• 5 weeks later...