• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Superboot - Nexus 7 WiFi / 3G root solution

60 posts in this topic

Posted

It is hold voume down on my NX7.

How do you unlock the bootloader? I don't seem to have that option, or maybe I am just being thick.

Posted

When I am trying to connect the NX7 to my computer it says "device drives not installed properly". When I do into device manager on other devices I have got "Nexus" appearing but it has the yellow exclamation triangle.

Posted

Must resist the temptation to fling my NX7 against the wall in frustration and anger. Tell you what, whatever oyu think about Samsung they at least make this s*** easy. Rooting my S2 and S3 were walk in the park compared to this bloody Nexus 7.....

Posted

Must resist the temptation to fling my NX7 against the wall in frustration and anger. Tell you what, whatever oyu think about Samsung they at least make this s*** easy. Rooting my S2 and S3 were walk in the park compared to this bloody Nexus 7.....

Try manually updating the drivers for the device with the yellow triangle - this was the only way I could get it to work.

Posted

I installed the 64-bit version of PDANet to get my Nexus 7 to connect correctly. I was then able to to unlock and root it with no problem.

Posted

Is the link broken or is there something wrong with my browser. Just keep getting ilivid.exe, female websites, music downloads etc....

Posted

Thanks for the great tool!

Unfortunately lost root when doing the 4.1.2 OTA (although some people on XDA seemed to keep root), would someone braver than me be kind enough to check that this works with Android 4.1.2?

Posted

Thanks for the great tool!

Unfortunately lost root when doing the 4.1.2 OTA (although some people on XDA seemed to keep root), would someone braver than me be kind enough to check that this works with Android 4.1.2?

did anyone try it out yet on 4.1.2 ?

cheers,

Alebrt

Posted

did anyone try it out yet on 4.1.2 ?

cheers,

Alebrt

Or even better 4.2?

Posted

Or even better 4.2?

Works on both 4.1.2 and 4.2 !

Posted

Updated to the latest release and with confirmed 3G support!

P

Posted

Would some please help me? :huh:

I tried to do the super boot with my N7 3g I unlocked it okay and then tried to root, I think it worked I'm not sure as now when it loads up its ask me for a password and something about decryption.

Can someone please please please help me.

Posted

I have NO idea what that means! Tried wiping from recovery? Reflash factory images?

P

Posted (edited)

I have NO idea what that means! Tried wiping from recovery? Reflash factory images?

P

this is what I get Paul.

so can anyone help me. please ?:(

Edited by FrankieADZ

Posted (edited)

I've never seen that before, best bet is to download and reflash the stock images from here - https://developers.g...id/nexus/images

P

how do i do it?

aint much in terms of instructions for a noob like me to understand :(

*hi. ive managed to fix it now...phew

Edited by FrankieADZ

Posted (edited)

I've just tried Paul's routine on my Nexus 7. Got the reboot loop :( Downloading the stock images now - hope that fixes it.

I did the unlock procedure first, then the de-rooting after. It then rebooted itself once, and then went around in the loop.

Edit:

Redoing the image from the stock image solved the problem.

Edited by andybarker

Posted

how do i do it?

aint much in terms of instructions for a noob like me to understand :(

*hi. ive managed to fix it now...phew

How did you ix it???

Help!

Posted

How did you ix it???

Help!

Ignoring my dodgy spelling.. fixed it... somehow.

I re-locked the bootloader, still asking for password, re-unlocked it, and it sprang to life. Not sure if it was doing that, or trying putting it into recovery before re-unlocking, but, I now have a rooted Nexus 7... now I have to hand it back and act surprised on Christmas morning.

Posted

I used described method (Superboot) to root my Nexus 7 HSPA+. Everything was just fine. Unfortunately suddenly my device started to produce very distorted sound (at 40% of volume and above). It seems that I need to send it back to Asus. What should I do to reverse "Superboot"? Is it enough if I just reflash it with the stock image?

Thanks in advance!

Posted

I used described method (Superboot) to root my Nexus 7 HSPA+. Everything was just fine. Unfortunately suddenly my device started to produce very distorted sound (at 40% of volume and above). It seems that I need to send it back to Asus. What should I do to reverse "Superboot"? Is it enough if I just reflash it with the stock image?

Thanks in advance!

Stock image flash will do just fine.

P

Posted

I too have got the bootloop problem.

Please can someone give me step by step instructions on how to flash the stock image I have downloaded?

Thanks.

Posted

Cool, got it working.

Posted

Oh, this is odd. It doesn't seem to have a recovery image installed. Is that right?

How do I get one, so I can backup/restore and flash custom ROMs?