[GUIDE] Change to ANY G300/U8815/U8818 ROM via Boot loader version bypass [HACK]

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Guest Gary_J_Wright

thats great news :D

I think you need to go another thread or something as you found this out :)

new thread http://www.modaco.co...m-hauwei-found/

but this only works for some phones if you get a pink bar to 70% and or reboot its failed

you should get unpacking firmware > pink bar > installing firmware > green tick OK this is if it works

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Oh ok :(

So the best way still is the imei hack way then for now then

I had to use the hack way to allow the update.app to work properly i can confirm hack to new tool update.app works

and hack to ics b927 update.app works - i restored a imei backup from b926 fine

Guest Rico_89

This thread has been lurking around this forum like a shark for a while now and I just had a feeling that one day it was going to bite and I'd have to take the plunge and jump into the IMEI = 0 abyss. And sure enough today was that day.

Special thanks for making everything so clear and easy to understand, although you missed thing in the instructions, "Make sure you have an adult diaper ready". :blush:

Edited by Rico_89

Guest sonicaaaa

Hi I just want to share my experience with 927 upgrades.

For some unknown reason I wasn't able to upgrade/downgrade from 885. Neither with Huawei Middle Package nor with the IMEI hack. Tried lot of combinations, nothing working. Always the ram error message.

I then tried with the fastboot method and despite being able to flash, nothing, the phone was stuck on Huawei logo. So I reverted to the Clockwork backup I did just before the fastboot try, the same not working situation as before.

After that I retried with Huawei Middle Package, followed by 882 and this time, unexpectedly it worked!

After that I booted in 882 and then, rebooted with volume up + down and now I was able to install 927 !

I have no idea what my problem was but actually, just retrying it worked.

Thanks to Hans Gruber for some suggestion via pvt.

good luck

sonicaaaa

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Hi I just want to share my experience with 927 upgrades.

For some unknown reason I wasn't able to upgrade/downgrade from 885. Neither with Huawei Middle Package nor with the IMEI hack. Tried lot of combinations, nothing working. Always the ram error message.

I then tried with the fastboot method and despite being able to flash, nothing, the phone was stuck on Huawei logo. So I reverted to the Clockwork backup I did just before the fastboot try, the same not working situation as before.

After that I retried with Huawei Middle Package, followed by 882 and this time, unexpectedly it worked!

After that I booted in 882 and then, rebooted with volume up + down and now I was able to install 927 !

I have no idea what my problem was but actually, just retrying it worked.

Thanks to Hans Gruber for some suggestion via pvt.

good luck

sonicaaaa

When ever i have a failure CWM always seems to be involved ..... CWM mod works fine after using hack and or tool but not during - Ive semi bricked my g300 a few times trying to replicate error, I have @ least 4 copies of my imei backup (2 each of imei on b892 and 2 on imei b926)

As long as you can boot a rom either B8xx or B9xx and root it to allow install of Toolbox5iromV1.0.4.2.apk you can restore imei as LONG as you have a copy!

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Roskilj xd has found a way possibly to restore imei if lost details below @ own risk

Hi all

I am lost my 5irom folder with my IMEI backup.. And my Imei was 0.Now I have my Imei back and I do this:

1. You must enter the engineering menu. Dial * # * # 2846579 # * # *

2. Go to ProjectMenu/Background setting/Usb ports setting and select Manufacture mode

3. Back to Background setting and go to Qualcomm background open setting and select background open (pass is 0 (ZERO))

4. Exit the engineering menu and turn on USB debugging (settings/developer tools/usb debugging)

5. Restart the phone

6. On PC install the DFS Tool (http://cdmatool.com/Demo).Connect the phone and run DFS tool.

7. Go to Ports and double click on dbAdapter Reserved Interface.

8. Close the Ports window and click on SPC.In DFS log must write UNLOCKED DEVICE.

9. If this OK go to Programming and type your IMEI in right place. (you can read Imei from phone box)

10. Click write.

11. When all finish go to ports and disabe dbAdapter Reserved Interface.Unplug your phone.

12. Go to engineering menu again.

13. Go to ProjectMenu/Background setting/Usb ports setting and select Normal mode

14. Back to Background setting and go to OTP NV filter switch and click Confirm

15. Back to Background setting and go to Qualcomm background open setting and select background close.

16. Restart Phone.

Thats all.. you now have YOUR IMEI!!! Dial *#06# for check.

Thanks to cicki for founding this tutorial and thanks to tutorial maker :)

YOU DO IT AT ONLY YOUR RISK!!!

rostkilj xd post and find not mine

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ambisingh

I have followed the guide however when I get to the section to flashing the firmware when it gets to unpacking the firmware it does about 20% then restarts the whole process then gets to 20% again and then starts from the begging again. What am i doing wrong?

EDIT

seem to have fixed it now i needed to format the sd card before i tried updating it

Edited by ambisingh

Guest Ascend

I have gone through this whole thread and I think what it is saying is that you need to go through this whole process EVERY time you want to change ROM's.........or have I misunderstood something?

Does that apply to flashing and OTA.

I have a phone that I want to sell and want to return it to original state before putting it on fleabay.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest samjam

I have gone through this whole thread and I think what it is saying is that you need to go through this whole process EVERY time you want to change ROM's.........or have I misunderstood something?

Does that apply to flashing and OTA.

It applies to flashing that doesn't work any other way because you can't flash the version you want on top of the version you've got. It is a way to downgrade to a version from which you can flash the version you want.

It does not apply to OTA directly, unless the OTA will not occur from the version you have.

Guest elperroderoke

After some upgrades and dwongrades using the middle update.app, now it doesn't work anymore, so I have used this method to downgrade from B926 to B882 and restore my IMEI. Then I did the OTA update to B885 offered by the phone (the B892 wasn't offered). Any way that I wanted was to try the B888 and I just want you to now that I didn' have to do the "hack" to upgrade from B885 to B888, it worked just using the official update.app (power + vol+-), because you said thay you have to do the "hack" every time you change the ROM version.

Regards

Guest pazzproducts

When ever i have a failure CWM always seems to be involved ..... CWM mod works fine after using hack and or tool but not during - Ive semi bricked my g300 a few times trying to replicate error, I have @ least 4 copies of my imei backup (2 each of imei on b892 and 2 on imei b926)

As long as you can boot a rom either B8xx or B9xx and root it to allow install of Toolbox5iromV1.0.4.2.apk you can restore imei as LONG as you have a copy!

Sounds tricky... do I make a factory reset to delete CWM and start again? If so, which program I should be the best to use to root it? I have baseband 109808, B892, U8815 Vodafone Italy....

All what I tried (hack, middle update, huawei update....) and NOTHING happened.... I'm still to the original version plus superrecovery....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nsmacd1

I have managed to use the IMEI hack a couple of times before to swap ROMs but not find that it doesn't work anymore after rebooting - Is there a maximum number of times that this can be used?

I have copied the 5irom folder in the downgrade post and run the tool and all seems to be OK - ie it reports that the IMEI has been restored & to check using *#06# after rebooting, but the IMEI stays the same

Problem solved - I have the app moved to the SD card. Once moved back to the phone it worked perfectly!

Edited by nsmacd1

• 2 weeks later...

If you can get cwm on it and make it boot you could try the DFS tool / engineering menu hack in #207

Not sure if this helps. What can you get it to do at the moment? ADB? Fastboot?

Guest droiddruid

ive just tried the method again....and the phone now just loops on the huawei logo then goes into recovery....can anyone help me please?

Mine done the same. I had to

Wipe Cache Partition > Yes

Wipe Data / Factory Reset > Yes

Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes

Advanced > Fix Permissions > Yes

Reboot > Yes

Then it eventually booted iirc.

Guest FrankieADZ

If you can get cwm on it and make it boot you could try the DFS tool / engineering menu hack in #207

Not sure if this helps. What can you get it to do at the moment? ADB? Fastboot?

i just used the tool Gary posted and ive got my imei back...and im back on ICS England :)

worrying 45 mins there :)

thanks for the help everyone :)

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest FrankieADZ

Bet the auld sphincter was wobbling a bit there ;-)

lol...dam right....i was worrying like something rotten.

just glad to have my phone working with my imei again :)....on ICS England version....but yeah how. its cool with me... actually feels more snappy than it did the first time :wacko:

actually feels more snappy than it did the first time

So, would you recommend this as a method of speeding the phone up? :wacko: :P :D

Really glad you're fixed!

Edited by Al_1604

Guest FrankieADZ

So, would you recommend this as a method of speeding the phone up?

Really glad you're fixed!

lol.....i recommend it if you want to go in a moo moo....and if it want to come close to like a turtle in ur undies :ph34r: :wacko: ;) lol

lol.....i recommend it if you want to go in a moo moo....and if it want to come close to like a turtle in ur undies :ph34r: :wacko: ;) lol

Lol was gonna suggest speed up bowel movement!

Seriously mate i wouldn't suggest doing this. Its a last stop saloon in regards to fixing your phone. Imo

There's other ways to get your phone running better.

• 2 months later...

Used this method, successfuly, installed b927 and then restored IMEI which i backed up at b926. So now how do i remove chinese splash screen (white with orange writtings)? Is it possible to instal other stock ROMS like b934. I just now wanna completelly wipe everything and flash freshly on normal IMEI, or i cant since i have the same bootloader as in b926, where you cant flash anything?