[ROM][ICS] Miuiv4 2.7.4 for the Huawei Ascend G300[Last updated: 04/07]

Guest Geno.Kolar

the ram is still a problem but this version of miui can be used daily. besides the ram and some force close this version is fast and stable.

miui is a nice OS and very customizable.

in this version of miui, 2.10.26, they introduced a "memory manage" button in settings, additional. i don't know if miui introduced this or genokolar.

you can choose between default, aggressive, balanced, multitasking and gaming. i choosed gaming and i didn't notice any difference. i still have about 20-30MB RAM free in settings, applications, running.

i noticed that after a restart i have about 117MB RAM free but after 1 day of use it drops to 20-30MB and sometimes lower. anyone of you have this problem too? i can do something to have more free ram or is it a MIUI bug?

in this version of miui, 2.10.26, they introduced a "memory manage" button in settings, additional. i don't know if miui introduced this or genokolar.

you can choose between default, aggressive, balanced, multitasking and gaming. i choosed gaming and i didn't notice any difference. i still have about 20-30MB RAM free in settings, applications, running.

i noticed that after a restart i have about 117MB RAM free but after 1 day of use it drops to 20-30MB and sometimes lower. anyone of you have this problem too? i can do something to have more free ram or is it a MIUI bug?

I get the feeling that the B926 based MIUI is poor at RAM management due to the 926 base, and a rebase might improve things somewhat.

However, I don't know if it works like that as MIUI is built from source on the most part.

Also, I have 2 friends running MIUI V4, the ICS build, on their galaxy S2s, and MIUI uses a huge amount of RAM on their phones too. Its not so much of an issue as the phone has 1gig of RAM to start with. So I think that MIUI V4 is just uses a lot of RAM in general.

I installed WIUI (unofficial MIUI), on my dads GB Defy + and that phone also has 512Mb of RAM, but it operates with ~250mb of free RAM. It is also overclocked to 1.1Ghz, and it is the smoothest, quickest and most responsive phone I have ever used, bar none. It runs ridiculously well for the specs.

In saying that, I still use MIUI as my daily driver, I just prefer the style and features to everything else. I can live with having to reboot and clear up memory every so often.

thanks for the info. i like miui too and i can live with the ram problem. noobi, WIUI can work on G300?

b4da55, i know about the holding home shortcut which clears the memory, but when i go to settings, apps it still shows about 20RAM or lower.

genokolar didn't upload the version for U8818 which can be installed on U8815. he uploaded only the ota for the u8818 (the update for miui 2.10.26).

maybe tomorrow or in a few days he will upload the version for g300.

Guest ludilo66

You need to choose the 8818 out of the directory

where. I dont now chinese:)

I try with google translate but, iI realy can not find link.

ill wait.

Edited by ludilo66

Guest ludilo66

Latest version is not booting... Anyone else having issues??

Its fully working (for me).

Why new version wont let me apply new theme, it say that I dont have autorization?

hello ,

I want to know if i can flash this rom with CWM??

I'm now using " the samsung galaxy S3 custom rom u8818 baseband 2030 rom"

Is it no probleme to flash miui rom ?

does miui rom support french language ??

Edited by oahc7

• 1 month later...
Guest bflmpesseveze

I tried this 2.11.3 rom. It's not the best one. 2.10.19 (I think) is much smoother. If you like miui, try this : http://www.shendu.co...d/rom-3017.html (if your download is slow try it here: http://uloz.to/xgDLjiX/shendu-u8818-v4-1-2-121214-zip ) . This one is pretty damn fast (4508 in antutu with 1.2GHz OC). One thing. Don't uninstall "gallery viewer" or your camera will stop working (3rd parties camera are not working) (well its still working but you cant see what are you shooting)

Edited by bflmpesseveze