[ROM][ICS] Miuiv4 2.7.4 for the Huawei Ascend G300[Last updated: 04/07]

Guest Geno.Kolar

Guest Hans Gruber

I've just been giving this a go and it seems quite nice. Only issue I've found so far is that the Permission Manager keeps crashing whenever anything asks for root, other than that it's really impressive to get it up and running so quickly.

Guest ewardofr

I don'y have any ICS rom installed. Currently, I'm using AtomicMod Rom. Do I have to run the bootloader process?

Edited by ewardofr

Guest Hans Gruber

which permission manager are you using Hans? If its super user, you could try super su or vice versa

MIUI seems to come with one called "Permissions Manager". I tried downloading another off google play but it didn't seem to bypass the built-in one

Guest omegamoon

Just a quick question. Why do the two unlockbootloader.exe versions mentioned here differ in size?

I ask this because I tried to download the one from the first post at work and it gave me a virus warning (McAfee)

Just downloaded both now while at home (first post and the one from post 18), and see the difference in size...

Probably nothing, but just wondering :)

Guest Hpez

Just a quick question. Why do the two unlockbootloader.exe versions mentioned here differ in size?

I ask this because I tried to download the one from the first post at work and it gave me a virus warning (McAfee)

Just downloaded both now while at home (first post and the one from post 18), and see the difference in size...

Probably nothing, but just wondering :)

The one I linked in my post is the one I used last night which flibblesan posted ( http://www.modaco.co...0/#entry1981703 ) in the Bootloader unlock thread. I believe it was written by the OP of this thread but posted in a different forum so the version linked here could be a newer version as it was posted up some time afterwards.

In short; I posted that linked version because I used it and I know it worked.

Edited by Hpez

Guest rafaelkaiz

You need to have ICS installed 4.0.3 (B926)?? I have B895, and I can not go back or forward.

Edited by rafaelkaiz

Guest Tec_Fil

anyone have issues in the mount system? Whith any ics rom (B926, MIUI, CM9) i lost the sd card directory and internal memmory doesn´t showed in none of my pcs...

Guest Hpez

On the B926 the sdcard is mounted as /sdcard2 and the 2gb internal is mounted as /sdcard. If you load up titanium backup it should show the partitions.

Edit: If I mount the USB via windows I get as Huawei device with two partitions - one the internal and one the proper sdcard.

post-923750-0-97878700-1341433408.jpg

Edited by Hpez

Guest Davidoff59

Rafael, your issue is being worked on. Please take a look through the forum and you will see it.

Tec_fil, no issues here with CM9, however, on the U8818 version of ICS, Paul has stated that the internal 700MB partition isnt used and it just shows the internal 2GB, however someone has pointed out to him that various programs show that the partitions are still there but they arent visible on PC. Paul is workng on this for his MCR release.

Guest arnette

Great post, it should be pinned for newbs (like me).

The upgrade instructions for ICS look a little confusing as they are missing a couple of things so I have added a few more steps to clear things up.

These are the steps I took:

• Download the official download from the Huawei site ( http://www.huaweidev...softid=NDE4NjY= )
  • Unzip the file and copy the dload folder and (optional) vendor folder on to your SD card.
  • Go to Settings > Storage > Software upgrade to start the ICS upgrade - make sure you have enough battery before going any further!
  • (Optional )Flash the vendor package from the official download from the Huawei site - (this is optional but I didn't do it and my ICS works great)
  • Boot in to freshly installed ICS, install ADB drivers from the ISO mounted on the phone, enable USB debugging and then connect USB cable - make sure adb works.
  • Download 'unlockbootloader.exe' from http://www.mediafire...v9a6xmvz1ut832a
  • Ran 'unlockbootloader.exe' and clicked 'ROOT Your Phone'.
  • Ran 'unlockbootloader.exe' and clicked 'Unlock BOOTLOADER' - app closed on completion.
  • Power off your phone, remove battery for a few seconds and replace, then power on whilst holding vol. down and power to go in to fastboot - the phone will hang on the splash screen whilst in fastboot.
  • Then go to this thread ( http://www.modaco.co...15ascend-g-300/ ) and follow the instructions to install clockworkmod recovery.

Guest omegamoon

ICS installation was successful. I ran the unlockbootloader.exe twice and ran fastboot with following result:

sending 'recovery' (5074 KB)... OKAY

writing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)

Stuck :huh: Any help?

Guest omegamoon

Did you make sure USB debugging was enabled in ICS and that the adb drivers were installed?

Yes, both enabled/installed

* daemon not running. starting it now *

* daemon started successfully *

List of devices attached

10C61F51B8CB device

Edited by omegamoon

Guest Hpez

The error you are receiving is because the bootloader is still locked - I had the same error until I realised I hadn't enabled USB debugging.

I'd try a restart of both PC and phone, then double check USB debug and reconnect the phone and try running the unlocker again.

Out of curiosity, which unlock file did you run, the one I linked or the one in this thread?

Guest Tec_Fil

On the B926 the sdcard is mounted as /sdcard2 and the 2gb internal is mounted as /sdcard. If you load up titanium backup it should show the partitions.

Edit: If I mount the USB via windows I get as Huawei device with two partitions - one the internal and one the proper sdcard.

post-923750-0-97878700-1341433408.jpg

but in my case none of partitions appears in pc and int the phone

Guest omegamoon

The error you are receiving is because the bootloader is still locked - I had the same error until I realised I hadn't enabled USB debugging.

I'd try a restart of both PC and phone, then double check USB debug and reconnect the phone and try running the unlocker again.

Out of curiosity, which unlock file did you run, the one I linked or the one in this thread?

I used the one you used ;) . I'll do a reboot now. Be back in half an hour.... how I just HATE windows :angry:

Guest Davidoff59

Has anyone confirmed the unlock posted by Genokolar on this thread works? 22 downloads so far

Edited by Davidoff59

Guest Alkafer

Hi, someone can tell me how many time I have to wait until the reboot is complete? Mi Huawei is stuck in the logo for more than 20 minutes.

Should I pull the battery and try again or I keep waiting?

Sorry for my english and thank you all for all you do!

Guest Davidoff59

What stage are you at Alkafer? I presume you have just flashed the rom and rebooted and its stuck on Huawei logo. If this is correct, it happens regularly after flashing and a battery pull will work usually. Done it a few times myself

Guest dt_matthews

Hi, someone can tell me how many time I have to wait until the reboot is complete? Mi Huawei is stuck in the logo for more than 20 minutes.

Should I pull the battery and try again or I keep waiting?

Sorry for my english and thank you all for all you do!

I have exactly the same - flashed it several times (with CMW reboot after wipe and flash) and each time it just flashes then is stuck on Huawei logi on reboot