[ROM][ICS] Miuiv4 2.7.4 for the Huawei Ascend G300[Last updated: 04/07]

Guest Geno.Kolar

Guest Exclusivied

Here's some screenshots from 2.9.7. So far so good. Seems noticably faster than 2.8.17, getting similar UI speeds to that of Infusion (icon shadow disabled). The Play Store can be installed via the vanilla market that comes built in with the rom. I tried using GAPPS to install Play but it would force close. Tried over-clocking to 1.1GHZ for a while and there was a slight difference in speed, but it seems great at 1GHZ anyway. Also comes with some new wallpapers.

post-990379-0-61167400-1347621065_thumb.post-990379-0-14025000-1347621070_thumb.post-990379-0-69322900-1347621076_thumb.post-990379-0-88141500-1347621088_thumb.

Guest maritimesbob

I like the "theming" throughout miui, just hate how slow and sluggish this rom is on the g300. Appears this "newer" release is more or less just as sluggish?

I like the "theming" throughout miui, just hate how slow and sluggish this rom is on the g300. Appears this "newer" release is more or less just as sluggish?

Imo it starts of great but then slows right down which is a shame cause it looks amazing

Imo it starts of great but then slows right down which is a shame cause it looks amazing

Exactly. It looks like it is ram management issues. It works great for about a day but then it gets really slow and impossible to multitask.

My friend has an Ascend U8815 and it's running this MIUI 2.9.7 , everything works but we wanted to install Italian language. Where can i find a translation? Or how can i translate easily the ROM?

Thanks in advance :D

Edited by pincoz

Exactly. It looks like it is ram management issues. It works great for about a day but then it gets really slow and impossible to multitask.

Would the Supercharger script help with this?

Had this on for a day, and it seems good, but reading whats on here it appears it will probably start hogging ram up and fc-ing.

It has a few very neat features.

Pros

Standard over and under clocking settings. 600MHz, 800MHz, 1.0GHz, 1.1GHz, 1.2GHz in a power manager settings menu.

Volume wake option

Very very nice looking Rom

The messaging text appears in different colour boxes, which does not happen with infusion, and possibly stock ICS.

Built in Security programs

Built in RAM tidy up

Stock Opera browser

Working camera and video

Long press back to kill app

Changeable boot animations from within phone

Cons

Standard MIUI downside of no APP draw

Some left over Chinese language left on the rom even after changing to English

A bit of fluffing around getting Google stuff to work properly, but it does work

Possible RAM issues, however, running on 1.2GHz OC, it appears as quick, if not more so, than Infusion BO4

Some of the date formats dont match

Has ICS spell check error, follow this http://www.modaco.co...spellcheck-fix/ for fix

Edited by noobi

2.9.14: http://pan.baidu.com...4/MIUIv4 2.9.14

No reupload this week, link is not working for me. Strange, is my ISP or chinese side blocking it? Bacause it works fine over mobile network, but I can't download 200MB with phone (FUP).

I'm uploading it, in less than an hour I'll post it. Hope this version runs better.

Edit:

Here is: http://www.multiupload.nl/F8U430NN0H Enjoy!

Edited by Alkafer

it says the file has been removed?

Yep, says file removed.

Was looking forward to seeing if this "newer" version had less slow downs.

Try it again, it works good now.

By now it's working fine, but let's wait a couple of days to see.

See you!

just installed and seems better at the moment will update after i have had it running a while

anyone know how to oc as all apps have parse error?

There're performance and super performance settings in the 'additional' menu under settings.

For me, after a day or so, a contacts setting would FC and the sync with google failed. Reboot didn't fix it, and play store stopped working too. Even lost the MIUI store.

It did this twice. The only fix I could find was to reflash the rom, and having done it twice in two days obviously makes it unusable.

So trying Infusion BO5

There're performance and super performance settings in the 'additional' menu under settings.

For me, after a day or so, a contacts setting would FC and the sync with google failed. Reboot didn't fix it, and play store stopped working too. Even lost the MIUI store.

It did this twice. The only fix I could find was to reflash the rom, and having done it twice in two days obviously makes it unusable.

So trying Infusion BO5

Yeah did that after 2 hours

Never mind, will try infusion later