Forthcoming MoDaCo Custom ICS ROM discussion topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Andymac1969

I have installed this, looks and feels great, my only issue is BBC and ITV players, they will not stream anything, Adobe AIR and Flash player are installed, I have wiped data, uninstalled and reinstalled, both browse the programme options, but neither will play anything.

Could anyone test there's for me.

Andrew

Got ITV player working, but the stream is stuttering and breaking up like the phone cannot handle it, bandwidth is OK as currently getting 47mb

Edited by Andymac1969

Guest Adyx00

This is fantastic, thanks! Only problem I have is getting GTA3 to work. It worked fine on the B888 rom but nothing I do works now. I suspect this is because of the way the SD card is mounted now compared to in GB rom.

Guest Hans Gruber

The giffgaff apn is not hard to input manually to get data. I have it memorised as its only 4 bits of info

It's not hard but if you're going to have a apns-conf.xml it might as well be on it :P

Sort of OT: Is it possible for the phone to prompt you to connect to wifi on first boot before connecting to your google account, instead of using mobile data? It would save a few pennies for cheapskates like myself :D

Guest Hans Gruber

I'm finding with this ROM that default storage location keeps reverting to internal storage after a reboot. Is that fixable?

Guest Gary_J_Wright

I'm finding with this ROM that default storage location keeps reverting to internal storage after a reboot. Is that fixable?

make sure your external sdcard is not named SDCARD as that's the name of the internal sd storage ?!! external is SDCARD2 or simular when both named the same it caused confusion...

Guest Hans Gruber

make sure your external sdcard is not named SDCARD as that's the name of the internal sd storage ?!! external is SDCARD2 or simular when both named the same it caused confusion...

I didn't give the card a name when it was formatted so I don't think that was it. I just named it "ANDROID" in windows to see if it helps

To be honest I wouldn't mind stopping the phone from seeing the internal storage at all. It doesn't seem to do anything useful.

Edited by Hans Gruber

Guest Diablik4c

how's about customisable power widgets like in CM7, not know if there's in CM9, and pretty there's nice toggles in MIUI, smthng like that?

Guest dbbloke

Install chi rom as per thread

rooted then bootloader-ed

did a wipe of usual user data and cache then tried to format /system but got error

installed ir1 with no gapps and all seem to be there. had to stop running an update of 20 apps which i said to keep in sync or something

works ok, antutu 2923, quadrant mk2 1525 (was 2k+ on gb).

decided to put back my imei.

ROM - don't like the layout, prefer something like atomic screens. miss weather app. better camera etc. Keyboard seems little small. Guess it's stock with baking options.

Funny, was starting to like atomicmod gingerbread and thinking ICS not such a leap forward. Will have to get used to ICS all over again.

REALLY wish it would do iPlayer though. Also, thought quiet hours was part of stock ics, but seems CM?

Edited by dbbloke

Guest FrankieADZ

being as tho no-one seems to read the pinned threads....i'll ask here. :P

who made a build of clockworkMod Recovery V6 beta build then?

Guest Hans Gruber

I made the cwm with the buildbot but I didn't know enough to get the touch buttons working so didn't bother posting. Other than that it did seem to work. All I had to do was feed seb's cwm into the server and it did the rest.

Guest FrankieADZ

I made the cwm with the buildbot but I didn't know enough to get the touch buttons working so didn't bother posting. Other than that it did seem to work. All I had to do was feed seb's cwm into the server and it did the rest.

:)

nice, was wondering if someone on here had done it.

is it any good?

Guest Hans Gruber

Seemed a lot like Seb's build but with blue text :P Probably has a few more advanced things under the hood

You can give it a go if you like, just remember you need to use the volume keys and the power button to navigate http://jenkins.cyanogenmod.com/job/recovery/709/ . Maybe someone more techy than me can fix the buttons etc.

Edited by Hans Gruber

Guest PaulOBrien

Just steal the apns-conf.xml from CyanogenMod. It's monster huge.

Ah yes, i'll include this as an option!

ROM will be available for all members? Don't forget change gps config for Europe satellites for faster location

Yes, of course, as always!

Dammit, i cannot pay for membership... Paul will your rom will be available for us without membership ?!

Yes, of course, as always! :)

P

Guest Diablik4c

is it possible to rebind handset button, on my very-very old button with handset you could enter last calls and call last number, is it possible to adjust, cuz on B888 it wasn't even an answer function, you can just end call

Guest pelago

The "name" of the card (i.e. what is also called the "volume label") doesn't affect the folder name that the card is mounted in Android.

Guest Hpez

I'm finding the same thing on stock b926 and it's annoying as hell. Hope this is fixed in the custom roms.

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm finding the same thing on stock b926 and it's annoying as hell. Hope this is fixed in the custom roms.

I can probably fix this!

P

Guest Colin Whiteside

I'll be all over this if the Partition Swap functionality makes it in (or somehow combines both internal partitions). I'm a bit of an app fiend at the mo and need the space.