Forthcoming MoDaCo Custom ICS ROM discussion topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

I'll be all over this if the Partition Swap functionality makes it in (or somehow combines both internal partitions). I'm a bit of an app fiend at the mo and need the space.

It will! :)

P

Guest Hogweed

REALLY wish it would do iPlayer though. Also, thought quiet hours was part of stock ics, but seems CM?

What's wrong with iplayer on ICS? Is it a general flash video problem or is everything else ok with Flash? Does the problem effect both the app and the web version of iplayer? Is this with a fresh copy of Flash downloaded from Play after installing ICS. I really wouldn't like to lose iPlayer so if it doesn't work under ICS then I'm sticking with Gingerbread.

How about tvcatchup and the like. Anyone tried them (tvcatchup has web based flash streams in the desktop interface and MX playable mobile web streams and an android app (in beta) - so there are multiple options here - as long as at least one works!).

Edited by Hogweed

Guest Rico_89

What's wrong with iplayer on ICS? Is it a general flash video problem or is everything else ok with Flash? Does the problem effect both the app and the web version of iplayer? Is this with a fresh copy of Flash downloaded from Play after installing ICS. I really wouldn't like to lose iPlayer so if it doesn't work under ICS then I'm sticking with Gingerbread.

How about tvcatchup and the like. Anyone tried them (tvcatchup has web based flash streams in r the desktop interface and MX playable mobile web streams and an android app (in beta) - so there are multiple options here - as long as at least one works!).

I'm running ics stock and both the TV catch up app and BBC iplayer app work perfect.

Guest dbbloke

I'm running ics stock and both the TV catch up app and BBC iplayer app work perfect.

The apps are working fine, just when I try and play a video i get nothing. Do we need an earlier version (not 11) of flash or something. I've also tried firewalls being disabled, port forwarding 1948 etc..

I get the message - programme cannot be played. Please try again later. Laptop works fine without a glitch..

Update, installed itv player, this in turn installed adobe air. So itv player works but iplayer still nothing.

Update 2, tvcatchup works well, iplayer still unhappy. tried using just home network and also low quality, still nowt.Not much fun with flash websites either!

Edited by dbbloke

Guest Rico_89

The apps are working fine, just when I try and play a video i get nothing. Do we need an earlier version (not 11) of flash or something. I've also tried firewalls being disabled, port forwarding 1948 etc..

I get the message - programme cannot be played. Please try again later. Laptop works fine without a glitch..

Update, installed itv player, this in turn installed adobe air. So itv player works but iplayer still nothing.

Update 2, tvcatchup works well, iplayer still unhappy. tried using just home network and also low quality, still nowt.Not much fun with flash websites either!

I had TV Catcatchup working with out adobe flash installed, if that helps any. It was only when I installed BBC Iplayer that I had to install the latest adobe flash player (11.1) because it opened the app store for me.

I have noticed since upgrading to ICS that sometimes I have restart my phone before an app runs correctly or a widget shows up in app drawer. I would say try uninstalling I player, dump cache, then reinstall and restart or just try to restart first.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest dbbloke

I had TV Catcatchup working with out adobe flash installed, if that helps any. It was only when I installed BBC Iplayer that I had to install the latest adobe flash player (11.1) because it opened the app store for me.

I have noticed since upgrading to ICS that sometimes I have restart my phone before an app runs correctly or a widget shows up in app drawer. I would say try uninstalling I player, dump cache, then reinstall and restart or just try to restart first.

OK, got it working,annoyingly complicated though.

I could not uninstall iplayer, only disable as it is a built in system application - version 11.1.115.11

So...

after rebooting like 30 times or so already (thanks for the idea)

uninstall iplayer, reinstall, not work.

uninstall iplayer

reboot to CWM

clear dalvik cache

let reboot optimise apps

when it came on, suddenly it was aware of an update for iplayer (took note of old version to comment here - screenshot option on power button would be nice).

updated to version 11.1.115.12

install iplayer

works!

What's with the wrong built in version of iplayer. Is this s chirom problem, mcr? And why even after loads of reboots do i need clear dalvik to get it to realise there is a new version available.

Shame I didn't have this for Euro 2012.Good now though.

Guest naghtan

Someone more feel like get little slow because it si getting out of RAM? When I check... I see its only 35 mb free of ram... ¿It could become little better with a SWAP in the SD? I have fast Class 10 Sd card...

And how much? 512 mb? 1 gb?

best regards.

Roberto.

Guest eirlysbill1

Back on this shortly folks with a major update!

P

He poked his head in on the GR2 thread yesterday. It's looking good lads. B)

Guest Rico_89

It sounds like 927 might be the one to use now!

P

After what I went through to install it I sure hope so :) .

Although my phone is tired of me playing Russian roulette with it, so I'd be happy for a timely delay for this rom :D .

Guest chico2069

I have 927 rocking on my phone :)

The reason i would also like a timely delay is not due to the upgrading's themselfs :)

Its because in one day i installed 926... then configured all my phone (installed apps i want, created my phone book contact list, etc etc etc).

Then the next day, 927 comes out.... i was like "shesshh", what bad timing :)

Here i go again, update to 927, remove unwanted apps, install wanted apps, recreate my phone book contact list, etc etc etc bla bla bla :)).

Sure hope i can enjoy a little time off my phone and just enjoy it b4 i have to plunge in again on a new release :)

But i also dont want to discourage all the people hard working on all this stuff :) props for u guys, keep up the good work.

Kind regards,

Edited by chico2069

As i was the one who took the plunge with B927 and therefore had it on longest, i can say that it feels much more stable than B926, but then the first thing i do is supercharge my rom lol so who knows.

Guest FrankieADZ

As i was the one who took the plunge with B927 and therefore had it on longest, i can say that it feels much more stable than B926, but then the first thing i do is supercharge my rom lol so who knows.

ur our tester ;) lol