Jelly Bean - CM10 for Blade

Guest viv1m

Yeah, I have CM10 running on my Blade. :D

I got most of the basic stuff working today. RIL (far from perfect), wifi, audio (still some routing issues), sensors, LEDs, sdcard, USB storage, bluetooth, browser, etc now working (and when I say working it might be an overstatement :P). No hardware accleration so everything is still slow and it's not very pleasant to use. And before anyone asks - NO, I'm not planning on releasing it yet. I'll tease you with some screenies though. ;)

post-834050-0-57371000-1342277263_thumb. post-834050-0-56205600-1342277272_thumb. post-834050-0-17470800-1342277281_thumb.

Looks promising... :)

Guest KonstaT

@Konstat - did sensors/lights build for you or did you have to push the libs to the device.

They build just fine. Previously I had to remove them (lights.blade.so and sensors.blade.so) after the build because it prevented my device from booting. Fixed it here and here.

RIL is still very iffy. Patch in your github doesn't work on my device. RIL works only if I manually chmod /data/radio in shell after it's booted. That causes phone.apk to force close until PIN is entered, after that everything works normally.

Guest ..Abel..

Yeah, I have CM10 running on my Blade. :D

I got most of the basic stuff working today. RIL (far from perfect), wifi, audio (still some routing issues), sensors, LEDs, sdcard, USB storage, bluetooth, browser, etc now working (and when I say working it might be an overstatement :P). No hardware accleration so everything is still slow and it's not very pleasant to use. And before anyone asks - NO, I'm not planning on releasing it yet. I'll tease you with some screenies though. ;)

post-834050-0-57371000-1342277263_thumb. post-834050-0-56205600-1342277272_thumb. post-834050-0-17470800-1342277281_thumb.

sweet !~ :)

Guest Snap.IT

guys take a look at this, http://maclaw.pl/?p=205

the dev said that project butter has worked (100%) and it's on a qualcomm armv6 device

Maclaws track record consists mainly of receiving donations and promising that he has things working but it's just this one thing he needs to fix first, a minor thing but still something he needs to fix before release... Six months later, same story.

I'm sure he'll deliver any year now if you just donate some more.

So i'll agree with tilal and say that i'll believe it when i see it.

Guest KonstaT

very nice job Konstat!

I wonder if JB requires bigger system partition like ICS did. what the say regarding this?

I guess it only depends how much you're willing to trim it down. ;) I've already applied my CM9 trimming strategy to CM10 and system size for the ROM that comes out from the build process is now ~129mb. There's still some stuff that can be removed (and stuff I need to add back if I ever release it) but it is probably by 5-10mb larger than ICS. Gapps for JB are also bigger, but I have no idea how they even work on our device (haven't tested yet, I'm still running 138mb system partition). With some trimmed gapps smallest possible system size will probably land somewhere between 138mb and 160mb.

Anyway, it's way too early to start TPTing for JB. :P

the dev said that project butter has worked (100%) and it's on a qualcomm armv6 device

It's also funny how they say "IF YOU WANT TO USE MY WORK, YOUR WORK MUST TO BE OPEN SOURCE TOO!!!!!" in their thread, but their sources are nowhere to be found.

does this mean that this guy has reverse engineering the openmax drivers or something or will we still be missing functionality when this guy has finished with android 4.1?

Guest Snap.IT

does this mean that this guy has reverse engineering the openmax drivers or something or will we still be missing functionality when this guy has finished with android 4.1?

FORGET about openmax drivers, it will NEVER happen for msm7227 and neither project butter nor the adreno drivers has anything to do with that anyway.

I'm sure he'll release it extremely soon if you ask him, he probably just needs some donations to buy hardware to test it properly but he already has it working 100%.

That guy is Firefox Operating System. :D

Guest Sulthekk

That guy is Firefox Operating System. :D

I have a feeling that this is going to be part of slang language... :D

Poor B2G... It's name is a word used in a bad meaning long before release. :(

Edited by Sulthekk

Guest Richard_Arkless

Project Butter / OpenGL - complete. More info when I return from out of town

Well done, out of curiosity how is it, is it faster than ics or isnt it that noticeable

I would ask for a deadline of when you're releasing it but ive learnt that its best to just wait it out

Oh and are you going to keep the same name as X = 10 and it is cm10 so it all makes sense

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest glenns
Project Butter / OpenGL - complete. More info when I return from out of town

Good old tilal, I knew you'd crack it in no time. Look forward to testing this.