• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

ICS custom fonts

42 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

ICS Custom fonts.

All of these are work in progress, so will be refined, when time permits :)

Robotomod font

post-910238-13417109825032_thumb.jpgpost-910238-13417110154237_thumb.jpgpost-910238-13417110424108_thumb.jpg

Robotomod font.

A highbread between Roboto font and Android Clock.

http://db.tt/RVpxcROm

Edited by plegdroid

Discomod font.

post-910238-0-14161900-1341714242_thumb.post-910238-0-63164200-1341714280_thumb.post-910238-0-29103100-1341714318_thumb.post-910238-0-36192900-1341714347_thumb.post-910238-0-39192000-1341714383_thumb.post-910238-0-60633200-1341714414_thumb.

Discomod font

modded disco font, with again, android clock digets. :)

Discomod bold, download.

(updated @ 02-08-12)

http://db.tt/vq74iTNw

Edited by plegdroid

how to install your new fonts.

as @ 20-08-12

the easiest way is to grab, Rom toolbox lite free from Google play. I can confirm this will install the font on our omc/skate and you can manually search your sdcard and pick the one you want to install, does come at 6 meg though.

or by the same maker, font installer. this is just the font element you'd find from rom toolbox, it does have the search from sdcard option but you've got to allow it to find all your fonts first, and then you choose from what it's found. 423kb

Edited by plegdroid

Posted · Report post

nice work man,

on a sort of related note.... have you looked at the new jb fonts? i quite like the way they are thinner yet easier to read. have a look at the new notifications and you'll see what I mean.

any jb font mods planned? :D

Posted · Report post

nice work man,

on a sort of related note.... have you looked at the new jb fonts? i quite like the way they are thinner yet easier to read. have a look at the new notifications and you'll see what I mean.

any jb font mods planned? :D

evening, thanks mate,

I did have a look at jb, but it didn't feed my ocd. so found it easier to make a few that met my need, and just posted to share. I've no plans to do a jb as yet, but it's early days ,so not dismissing it as an option . :D

Posted · Report post

Using JB fonts right now, I must agree with Hugo that they look great

Using JB fonts right now, I must agree with Hugo that they look great

evening Terry, I'd say if you were to try a new one, try Discomod bold font. but i am biased :D :P

Edited by plegdroid

Posted · Report post

:)

post-910238-13417781891545_thumb.jpg

Posted · Report post

That does look nice, but I spent time porting them so will use them. Perhaps soon I will try them

Posted · Report post

That does look nice, but I spent time porting them so will use them. Perhaps soon I will try them

:lol: I think we both can justify that, just me sharing. :) as I did say, my recomendation would be Discomod bold, if you were to try out :D

Posted · Report post

evening, thanks mate,

I did have a look at jb, but it didn't feed my ocd. so found it easier to make a few that met my need, and just posted to share. I've no plans to do a jb as yet, but it's early days ,so not dismissing it as an option . :D

yer don't get me wrong I like your fonts but I'm a little ocd on "clean" fonts and when I see the new jb notifaction bar fonts it makes me want it. but I have no time atm to port them so I am waiting for someone else to do it :D

(btw if someone reading this doesn't know what the fonts look like. google: jelly bean notifications)

also. quick fact of the day. my real name is Hugh. just used to get called Hugo Boss when i was younger and this has transformed into my online identity :ph34r:

Posted · Report post

yer don't get me wrong I like your fonts but I'm a little ocd on "clean" fonts and when I see the new jb notifaction bar fonts it makes me want it. but I have no time atm to port them so I am waiting for someone else to do it :D

(btw if someone reading this doesn't know what the fonts look like. google: jelly bean notifications)

also. quick fact of the day. my real name is Hugh. just used to get called Hugo Boss when i was younger and this has transformed into my online identity :ph34r:

morning Hugh,

it's all subjective, I can't expect everyone to have the same taste as anyone else . no offence taken :) Pete.

Pete your fonts look prettier than the jb fonts however, I can read the text quicker from the new jb fonts. thus i prefer them :)

Hugh, is this what you mean? http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1737402

yer like this:

jellybean5.png

looks pretty similar so I may try out that link you sent me. cheers mate.

Edited by hugobosslives

Posted · Report post

Pete your fonts look prettier than the jb fonts however, I can read the text quicker from the new jb fonts. thus i prefer them :)

yer like this:

jellybean5.png

looks pretty similar so I may try out that link you sent me. cheers mate.

it's going with what ever is most usable on an individual basis, one persons practical, may not be for another, so can relate to that, I honestly don't want to force anyone to try anything, this is just a choice for anyone who wishes to try. :)

I will have a go and report back on the JB thread

Edit: Fonts are named and sized identical to the ones in JB thread I ported

Edited by utternoob

Posted · Report post

update for 20-07-12.:)

Posted · Report post

Thank you, will share on XDA UCCW forum (with creds)

Posted · Report post

That looks nice. Will give it a try. A for effort!

Posted · Report post

That was easier said than done....being a true noob, can someone tell me where I can find the fonts in settigns. Have searched myself senseless.....

Posted · Report post

That was easier said than done....being a true noob, can someone tell me where I can find the fonts in settigns. Have searched myself senseless.....

evening, you need to install the font, grab font installer, free from market to install :)

Posted · Report post

post-910238-13430733268106_thumb.jpg

:)

Posted · Report post

Is it possible to change only one font, for example notification bar clock, in framework?