MrPuddington

Camera Force Close

30 posts in this topic

The Vodafone store was much more helpful than the online customer service. I had to wait 5 minutes, then explained my problem, and they said they will look into it once they have time. That took 3 days, and we agreed that it is broken and needs to be send in for repair. Another 3 working days later, and I have my phone back, supposedly with a new camera module. That is fast!

So do not waste your time with the online service, just go straight to the shop.

Edited by MrPuddington

I suspect they probably reflashed the camera firmware and returned it - no need for a manufacturer return...

I suspect they probably reflashed the camera firmware and returned it - no need for a manufacturer return...

Maybe, but the return note said "replaced" the camera chip. This could mean that they replaced the firmware, because for a soldering job that would have been very quick indeed.

Anyway, the good news is that they seem to know how to deal with the camera problem. If it is just a software problem, maybe they a solution will leak.

Maybe, but the return note said "replaced" the camera chip. This could mean that they replaced the firmware, because for a soldering job that would have been very quick indeed.

Anyway, the good news is that they seem to know how to deal with the camera problem. If it is just a software problem, maybe they a solution will leak.

cameras on smartphone's are normally just connected via a ribbon plug, very easy to remove and replace

its actually amazing how small they are lol

you can see here

8ido1800000apf36.jpg

Mine had the same problem.Took it to the shop and they change it for a new one :) .The only thing is that I have to unlock it again.