• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Android 4.1 Jelly Bean in AOSP

56 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

We're releasing Android 4.1 in AOSP today.

The name of the tagged release is android-4.1.1_r1.

The name of the development branch is jb-dev.

https://groups.googl...ing/XBYeD-bhk1o

https://plus.google....sts/aRVWBbuWQar

Here we go!

More:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/7/9/3147931/android-4-1-source-code-released-today-in-android-open-source-project

Edited by Dazzozo

Posted

hell yeah

Posted

Theoretically, what would be needed to get this running on the G300?

Posted

Time and patience. :P

Posted

and a good dev ie. You! :P

Posted

:lol:

Posted

we have little of both....does that help? :lol:

Posted

In all honesty it shouldn't take too long for it to match CM9.

Posted

Best news I've had for a while I've hanging on with Paul's modded stock ROM in the hope we will develop a JB ROM, fantastic guys!

Posted

In all honesty it shouldn't take too long for it to match CM9.

I dont know whether to laugh or cry at that...as CM9 has a fair few floors atm imo. well from what youve said and that.

Posted

Great!!!DAZ you are the man,awesome work,i love you man! :D

Posted

Hey! Take note about these! keep me info!

Posted

From the looks of it there will be some breakage but it's stuff that has all been fixed before with ICS.

Posted

Any progress?

Posted

What, you want something released now?

Things are moving very fast but there's a lot to be done.

Posted

What, you want something released now?

Things are moving very fast but there's a lot to be done.

:o :huh: :mellow: :( :lol:

well progress is some progress

Posted

I'm quite impressed with the speed of progress actually. Some stuff we had to patch in the framework has already been done officially.

Posted

just asking,keep us informed! thanks!

Posted

Everything's a bit haywire at the moment so things I say could change within minutes. As far as I know all the OpenGL stuff (which includes "Project Butter") is totally broken for all qcom devices (expected), but we have our own issues with OpenGL not existing before that concerns us.

Google for some absurd reason decided to change all the logging from things like "LOGE" and "LOGW" to "ALOGE" and "ALOGW" which seems to achieve absolutely nothing but breaking everyone's code. I would imagine this would break a few of our libs but nothing that a find and replace can't fix.

Posted

I've fixed the LOG/ALOG crap, and at the moment the damage report is that I had to sacrifice gps and audio for now. There really is no point me merging the required stuff from CM9 when it will be merged officially soon.

In other news, this is a lot more successful than an ARMv6 device I'm also porting. I don't have to faff around with assembly at least. :P

Posted

I've fixed the LOG/ALOG crap, and at the moment the damage report is that I had to sacrifice gps and audio for now. There really is no point me merging the required stuff from CM9 when it will be merged officially soon.

In other news, this is a lot more successful than an ARMv6 device I'm also porting. I don't have to faff around with assembly at least. :P

Great job buddy thanks!

Posted

Things are all looking promising then :D really looking forward to JellyBean

Posted

It's putting the final zip together.

Basically all the hardware features are broken: mobile network (when is it not?), Wi-Fi, audio and gps. I think is the conclusive list on top of CM9. If it runs, it will literally just be running.

If people want to have a play around I can upload it, but make a backup as I imagine nobody will be staying on it (yet). This is very, very early - the CM10 manifest went up last night, and it's pretty much AOSP still.

Posted

This'll have to be pushed back to tomorrow at the earliest - there's a few libjpeg issues to sort out but I don't imagine much after that will be preventing it from booting.

Posted

For what it looks Im staying with the official Rom until this rom is released. Thanks for the good work :D