• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Jr18 **WiFi** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

879 posts in this topic

Posted

Wipe the data for the play store app.

Posted

Yes, I do have same problem. So I use Apex Launcher Pro to replace Launcher2. Now it is OK on both side.

Does anyone else have the problem when switching from landscape to portrait mode while only showing the launcher that it will take up to one minute until the widgets and shortcuts are loaded again and show on the screen?

The funny thing is that this only happens from landscape to portrait mode. The other way around it works just fine.

Posted

The Enhanced Power Menu doesn't seem to be working on any kitchen bakes for me

Posted

Question, when I use BBC I player in landscape and choose full screen, the software buttons do not disappear, this also happens in some games like Asphalt 7.

However if I use YouTube app and go fullscreen they disappear, is there anything I can do to fix this?

Unfortunately the application developer has to add this support.

Autobrightness is unusable too...

How so? Works here. It's dim mind (and always was!)

The Enhanced Power Menu doesn't seem to be working on any kitchen bakes for me

Investigating. Jr7 up soon!

P

Posted

Does anyone else have the problem when switching from landscape to portrait mode while only showing the launcher that it will take up to one minute until the widgets and shortcuts are loaded again and show on the screen?

The funny thing is that this only happens from landscape to portrait mode. The other way around it works just fine.

Ive noticed this too. Ive also just recently noticed that the apps and widgets take a lot longer to load after a reboot then they use to. Not sure why.

Posted

Hi Paul... thanks a lot for your work...

i rally love tour ROM but I have a problem... WiFi location is not working. I backed 3 different ROMs with your kitchen and gmaps (and other apps) simply cannot find my position. Now I'm stock again and it works.

PS: I'm the only one developing stock based ROM for lg o2x... can I post my ROM here (in proper section:-) )?

Posted

... WiFi location is not working. I backed 3 different ROMs with your kitchen and gmaps (and other apps) simply cannot find my position. ...

There is a simple work around: Use Titanium Backup to deinstall Google Maps and then reinstall it via Google Play - it worked for me

Posted

There is a simple work around: Use Titanium Backup to deinstall Google Maps and then reinstall it via Google Play - it worked for me

But this happened also with other apps using wifi location...

Posted

Sorry, get held up finishing my ZTE Grand X review. Now that's done, onwards and upwards! :)

P

Posted

Hi,

Thank you for this ROM, it is very good. However, some APK's (purchased through Play) aren't running in full screen. Lets Golf only fills a third of the screen and due to this, I can't press the buttons on the screen to play the game. Has anyone else experienced this and would anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks

Posted

Do they work properly on a stock N7?

Posted (edited)

Paul your work is just superb, really enjoy your roms. Stable, uber-smooth and tweaked just right.

If you do everything the same way, your cooking must be amazing - your family's lucky to have you!

Wondered if there was a chance you could include a couple of features in the kitchen for JR7? :-

DSP manager (or some equalizer/audio tweaker)

Tegra 3 PRISM/ screen colour tweak disable toggle

Xbox controller-ready (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1792531) It's a real blast playing with the Xbox wireless controller without messing about. I followed the instructions and it's totally ace.

Even if it's too late to ask and I'm sure you're busy, appreciate your work!

Cheers

Baz

Edited by Basil 123

Posted

Do they work properly on a stock N7?

Yes - and on CM, so have reverted to that for a bit.

Posted

You'd be better off using the stock N7 firmware than CM.

Posted

Hi Paul did you plan to integrate an option to put the lock screen into landscape mode. It would make it easier to use the GN7 when mounted on a stand in times when you have to unlock the device - you don't have to fold your head into a 90° angle to be recognized by the face unlock software ^_^

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately the application developer has to add this support.

How so? Works here. It's dim mind (and always was!)

Investigating. Jr7 up soon!

P

It's useless by virtue of the brightness level being too dim for each lux value. As a suggestion then, could you increase the values in arrays.xml for a given lux? Cheers.

Edited by Len Ash

Posted

Wondered if there was a chance you could include a couple of features in the kitchen for JR7? :-

DSP manager (or some equalizer/audio tweaker)

Tegra 3 PRISM/ screen colour tweak disable toggle

Xbox controller-ready (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1792531) It's a real blast playing with the Xbox wireless controller without messing about. I followed the instructions and it's totally ace.

I'll look into those! :)

Hmm, i've not seen this at all, you've not tweaked DPI or anything have you? I'll try and replicate it.

Hi Paul did you plan to integrate an option to put the lock screen into landscape mode. It would make it easier to use the GN7 when mounted on a stand in times when you have to unlock the device - you don't have to fold your head into a 90° angle to be recognized by the face unlock software ^_^

Hah! I'll look at this too, should be possible.

It's useless by virtue of the brightness level being too dim for each lux value. As a suggestion then, could you increase the values in arrays.xml for a given lux? Cheers.

That can be done. I'll play with some values...

P

Posted

And fixing Extended Power Menu? ;)

Posted

Great paul.. fixed wifi position problem?

Posted

And fixing Extended Power Menu? ;)

Great paul.. fixed wifi position problem?

Yup!

Adding the changes to the new version kitchen now, new release today.

P

Posted

Jr7 is up in the kitchen, however I am now baking the various configurations and testing, so flash at your own risk (and BACKUP!)

Prebakes, changelog etc. will be online when testing is complete.

This is a relatively minor update - app updates, a minor EPM fix, TeamViewer QS support etc.

P

Posted

So how long you suppose will the testing take?

I've just baked Jr6 an hour or so before, planning to flash it on my brand-new-not-yet-unpacked Nexus 7 ;)

Would it be ok to update from Jr6 to 7 without formatting /data? (I know, no wipe no whine, but...)

Posted

So how long you suppose will the testing take?

I've just baked Jr6 an hour or so before, planning to flash it on my brand-new-not-yet-unpacked Nexus 7 ;)

Would it be ok to update from Jr6 to 7 without formatting /data? (I know, no wipe no whine, but...)

Later this afternoon testing will be complete!

All updates are non wipe.

P

Posted

Coo

Later this afternoon testing will be complete!

All updates are non wipe.

Thanks, then I'll just check if it's up before I get down to flashing. There's stuff to keep me busy beforehand anyway (getting root, ROM Manager+Clockworkmod, etc). Not to mention 'real world' stuff ;p

Posted

Sorry to report that still when I build with "Menu button on both sides also active when hidden - navigation bar always at bottom (stock style) installed to /system partition" I do not get the "Enhanced Power Menu". When I built with "Menu button on both sides also active when hidden - navigation bar on right in landscape installed to /system partition" in the past it was ther. (haven't tried the latter on jr7).