Jr18 **WiFi** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Sorry to report that still when I build with "Menu button on both sides also active when hidden - navigation bar always at bottom (stock style) installed to /system partition" I do not get the "Enhanced Power Menu". When I built with "Menu button on both sides also active when hidden - navigation bar on right in landscape installed to /system partition" in the past it was ther. (haven't tried the latter on jr7).

That'll be fixed shortly.

P

Guest CyberBotX

I'm still having issues with Titanium Backup (not baked in the kitchen, but installed from the Play Store) not wanting to continue with restoring apps when using MCR, even with updating to Jr7 and doing a wipe beforehand. I can't tell if the size of the app being restored is an issue or not, but when I do a restore of an app, it'll say it's restoring but doesn't seem to be doing anything. This happens both when restoring a single app or trying to do a batch restore. Restoring data is fine. I've only had this issue with MCR ROMs on the Nexus 7, I did not have these issues on Stock or any other ROMs (like the CM 10 or AOSP based ROMs). I had thought that maybe the issue was something to do with which Superuser was being used, but the issue comes up regardless of using ChainsDD's Superuser or Chainfire's SuperSU.

Guest PaulOBrien

Changelog

23 August Jr7

• Fixed EPM issue with 'stock style status bar' builds
  • Added TeamViewerQS support
  • Updated a large number of the built in apps to the latest version
  • Resized some incorrectly sized assets
  • Various internal fixes and improvements

Guest PaulOBrien

Investigating why RealRacing 2 doesn't let you download data on the Nexus 7. Seems like a problem parsing the XML from the update server in the SAX parser. Watch this space.

P

Guest comicbookguy

Paul: any chance of the option to move the nav bar buttons to the left or right of the bar in landscape mode/ stock style please? would it mean them moving to the same position in portrait?

Has anyone tried the trinity kernel with Jr7/ Jr6? i tried the latest alpha and the control app yesterday and got a fuzzy green stripe in the right hand third of all my menu boxes!

Jr7 bake running nice and smooth so far with Elite Kernel 1.5 (undervolt version)

Edited by comicbookguy

I used Trinity kernel for a while on previous versions of this ROM, I've found the Alpha64 release of the kernel the best for my N7 so far - no gfx glitches and good battery life.

Guest comicbookguy

everything ive tried that's newer than the alpha64 trinity is giving me the same green gfx problems, Elite seems a little quicker, too

Guest achim w.

Investigating why RealRacing 2 doesn't let you download data on the Nexus 7. Seems like a problem parsing the XML from the update server in the SAX parser. Watch this space.

P

While you're at it: Could you have a look into the Monopoly (the game from ea software). Here I have the same problem: using stock ROM I don't have a problem to download the extra data. USing your ROM the download doesn't work

Guest achim w.

Changelog

23 August Jr7

• Fixed EPM issue with 'stock style status bar' builds
  • Added TeamViewerQS support
  • Updated a large number of the built in apps to the latest version
  • Resized some incorrectly sized assets
  • Various internal fixes and improvements

Just downloaded and installed the new version. Because of being a bit curious the first thing I tried was the TeamViewerQS support. What shall I say: It just doesn't work. Tapping the icon to start the program it tries to open the program but in the end it gives up with the message: Sorry TV QS had to be closed.

Guest umaxtu

With Jr6, having the soft-buttons on the right side chops off some of the screen in GTA III . I realize its possible to fix this by building a new domain in the kitchen thingy but I don't want to pay for what amounts to (at least for me) a fix

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi

Is the Wallet app in jr7 supposed to be Version1.1?

Nope, fixed!

While you're at it: Could you have a look into the Monopoly (the game from ea software). Here I have the same problem: using stock ROM I don't have a problem to download the extra data. USing your ROM the download doesn't work

EA games seem to have an issue downloading from the server with the side-navbar option, very odd, maybe it gets confused about the screen res? I installed Real Racing using the regular navbar, then reinstalled side navbar and all is OK.

Just downloaded and installed the new version. Because of being a bit curious the first thing I tried was the TeamViewerQS support. What shall I say: It just doesn't work. Tapping the icon to start the program it tries to open the program but in the end it gives up with the message: Sorry TV QS had to be closed.

Checking this now!

With Jr6, having the soft-buttons on the right side chops off some of the screen in GTA III . I realize its possible to fix this by building a new domain in the kitchen thingy but I don't want to pay for what amounts to (at least for me) a fix

The Jr7 prebake will have the navbar at the bbottom in landscape as per stock.

P

Guest umaxtu

The Jr7 prebake will have the navbar at the bbottom in landscape as per stock.

P

Thank you! I'm sorry if I was somewhat rude in my previous post. I was (and still am) somewhat sleep deprived.

Guest ChazW123

Same here with the TeamViewerQS, Paul any chace of getting the TeamViewerQS to work on any tablet, specifically a Moto Xoom or Xoom 2 ?

Guest achim w.

Thanks for the Wallet fix!

and a second Thanks for the fix of Teamviewer Quicksuopport - works like a charme. Btw the GN7 display really looks nice on a 24" screen ;)