Jr18 **WiFi** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest comicbookguy

I've just updated busybox on Jr7 and I think its made my tab boot loop. I'm stuck at the Google screen and when I long press power it tries to reboot. If I get it into bootloader mode I can force it to stay off, but i can't boot to recovery. How do I reflash my ROM using adb?

sometimes i'm a noob. forgot you cant boot to recovery without usb connected. good job i 've got a backup. investigating if its busybox causing the bootloop......

Update: ok so i booted after the install and the busybox update wasnt showing in the market... so i opened it and it asked me to update the busybox binary (same as last time)

so i did, then i rebooted.... and got stuck in the bootloop again.

further info here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=30669019#post30669019

ERGO: dont update the Busybox binary to 1.20.1 unless you have a recent backup and access to USB (on this ROM, anyway) ;)

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest vagelis
Hey Paul still on small bug. When you press and hold the home button in landscape to bring up Google now the circle appears in the stock location. I've added a screen shot. Easily an issue that can wait

I was wondering if that is fixed on Jr7?

Just curious, since I'm using the stock on the bottom configuration.

Thank you for any insight in advance.

Guest naxiand

The landscape view is nice, however during movie with dice player I loose space.... Is there any way to hide this bar during movie watching?

Before the 3 soft buttons where always staying horizontal, now they change vertical with is nice but not when watching movies, I loose space from the right Site cause of this... Any idea solution?

Regards

Sent from my Nexus 7 :-)

Edited by naxiand

Guest mparack

Anyone having issues with the patched youtube app? I find that it takes very long to start (even on a 70Mbps connection) and there are occasional freezes and force closes of the app when watching long HD videos.

Guest stevenz

The landscape view is nice, however during movie with dice player I lose space.... Is there any way to hide this bar during movie watching?

Before the 3 soft buttons where always staying horizontal, now they change vertical with is nice but not when watching movies, I lose space from the right Site cause of this... Any idea solution?

Try a different player app. I use VPlayer which autohides the bar while playing.

Guest naxiand

My collection is 720p and 1080p a lot of them with dts sound dice plays them all vplayer not.... So it's a bug of the player. The I tried plex and it's hiding succefully all the bars....

Hope they fix this issue with dice it plays everything(network also with samba protocol) and it's free....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by naxiand

Guest stevenz

Try Mobo player.

VPlayer also supports playing from shares, as well as from UPnP/DLNA servers.

1080p and DTS sound are pretty irrelevant on an approx 720p device with stereo audio.

Guest naxiand
Try Mobo player.

VPlayer also supports playing from shares, as well as from UPnP/DLNA servers.

1080p and DTS sound are pretty irrelevant on an approx 720p device with stereo audio.

Well it's relevant because those mkv's didn't had sound(unplayable) until I found out about an extra plugin I needed it.... With dice player.... Vplayer plays them without sound

Does Mobo player you suggest include media streaming, samba for example?

Edited by naxiand

Guest underlines

Sorry to ask something as a first-poster :)

Installed MCR today.

I want to add a swiss dictionary (main_de_ch.dict) because Switzerland doesn't exactly write german (main_de.dict).

So I just extracted LatinImeGoogle.apk from your ROM and went to ..\res\raw\

There I tried to overwrite the main_de.dict with my own one just to test if my compiled dict works (german and swiss are quite similar). But it seems that the binary-format of those .dict files are different from ICS. Because after I open the keyboard it's not working with my predictions/corrections.

I propably use an outdated makedict.jar from a website with a tutorial for ICS dictionaries, to compile from .xml to binary .dict

The binary format seems to have changed, but I can't find a new makedict.jar for Jelly Bean.

Can I provide you with the swiss XML file (main_de.xml) so you could propably include it in further versions? To be exact, swiss is a dialect of german, so it should be similar to en-GB / en-US / en-AU or es-ES / es-US.

What's special about the swiss dialect: no smartphone OS EVER built a swiss dictionary yet and I want to provide one. I did a 2 months research and data-mining just to create an accurate swiss dictionary xml. Now the only cumber stone is that I can't build the .dict :(

Your help would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ian

swiss.xml here

(ch is the abbrevation of Switzerland. To follow the android standard like existing dictionaries "main_pt_br.dict" we should name it main_de_ch)

Edited by underlines

Guest maartenlandman

I have this ROM installed and it looks good... The only thing I can´t find is the settings for this ROM. The normale settings are in the menu but the settings for this ROM are...?? Please help me!

Guest stevenz

I have this ROM installed and it looks good... The only thing I can´t find is the settings for this ROM. The normale settings are in the menu but the settings for this ROM are...?? Please help me!

It's a modified version of the original factory firmware, there are (essentially) no new settings. Details are all in the 1st post.

Guest rferrett

Paul have you got any idea what it is that is causing the massive slow down problems people are getting when the storage is filling up? My N7 has become virtually unusable now.

Guest Bierfreund

Paul have you got any idea what it is that is causing the massive slow down problems people are getting when the storage is filling up? My N7 has become virtually unusable now.

+1 Same Problem here

Guest warriorscot

+1 very bad for me as well particularly effects browsing more than anything else. Only started happening with the r7 whether that is just because I created a backup and crossed some invisible line I don't know but I am thinking of switching to one of the cm10 based ROMs to see if it has the same issue.

Tried out the latest paranoid android which is CM10 based and has a better implementation of rotation than the modaco releases with options for tablet and phablet modes at a global and app level. Its very good just chucked on the ap33 kernel as well its all much smoother now.

Edited by warriorscot

Guest rferrett

Arrgghhhh the slowdown is so bad I might need to send it back.

Surely the fact that a full wipe to factory settings temporarily fixes it shows it is a software issue?