• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Jr18 **WiFi** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

879 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Could you try clearing-data on the keyboard? Can anyone else replicate this?

P

Posted · Report post

Could you try clearing-data on the keyboard? Can anyone else replicate this?

P

Hi Paul,

I get the same error but its on start when you setup your Google account and WiFi. I can't change input method so had to restore my nandroid backup. I had the same keyboard options selected in the kitchen as stated.

Mark

Posted · Report post

Hi Paul - Settings / Apps / All / Android keyboard / Clear data done - unfortunately no change to behaviour. Still getting constant "Android keyboard has stopped" errors.

Don't bust a gut as I can workaround, and especially not if I'm the only victim :)

Posted · Report post

OK, this should be fixed now!

P

Posted · Report post

I am running jr7, the one based on 4.1.1. I just got an ota update for 4.1.2. Will it be possible to do that upgrade or should i install jr8?

Posted · Report post

Thanks, Paul. Android keyboard fix confirmed. All good.

Posted · Report post

Any idea when the prebake will be up?

Cheers

Posted · Report post

How about reading the complete Howto on the posted website? ;-)

I think you've forgot to delete the old version.

Posted · Report post

How about reading the complete Howto on the posted website? ;-)

I think you've forgot to delete the old version.

Ah OK, grabbed mine from elsewhere which didnt have the how to

Posted · Report post

I am running jr7, the one based on 4.1.1. I just got an ota update for 4.1.2. Will it be possible to do that upgrade or should i install jr8?

Use Jr8!

I'll add this to the kitchen for ease of install!

Posted (edited) · Report post

My stock battery percentage mod is stuck at 100%......

Edit: wiping Dalvik sorted it and forced the "optimising apps" bit at the next boot, which I didn't get after installing...

Edited by comicbookguy

Posted · Report post

Just upgraded, everything fine except wallet, when I try to run it I get a message telling me its out of date and directing to the play store to upgrade. Any advice.

Posted · Report post

I'll update the wallet option to the latest release.

P

Posted · Report post

The clock on the lock screen is getting cropped in landscape, is this a stock issue or just this?

Posted · Report post

In stock the lock screen is portrait only, which I thought was a bit silly.

I'll look into a fix...

P

Posted · Report post

I'll update the wallet option to the latest release.

P

Thanks Paul, can you drop a line when you have done it, then I can download a new rom.

Thanks

Posted · Report post

In stock the lock screen is portrait only, which I thought was a bit silly.

I'll look into a fix...

P

I didn't have stock on for more than 5 mins!

Thanks

Posted · Report post

Battery (stock style with percentage) icon only seems to be updating in 15% increments, i.e. it jumps from 100 down to 85 etc. Battery readings elsewhere are accurate - so I presume it's an issue with the battery icon/image files?

Posted · Report post

+1 on the circle battery percentage not displaying properly. Thought I was going nuts but got a widget in place now so not a biggy!

If its doing it on stock and circle it cant be the image files tho, can it?

And mine's reading 71 ATM, but I wouldn't call it accurate....

Edited by comicbookguy

Is the JR8 prebake up anywhere?

My N7 has now downloaded and keeps bugging me about updating to stock 4.1.2, which I assume I don't want, since that's not the modaco update?

Edited by kyhwana2

Posted · Report post

Ended up going back to full stock after bodging up by updating to 4.1.2 OTA and flashed JR8 at the weekend and had issues with the keyboard. At the point in the Google setup wizard when you try to sign in to your wireless connection, the keyboard was popping up then erroring straight away (FCing). In the end to get around it I setup wifi tethering to my S3 phone as open, just to get past it, I installed a third party keyboard (SwiftKey 3) and all ok since then but made the setup a tad awkward!

Other than that JR8 is flying :) Nice work Paul!

Posted · Report post

Battery (stock style with percentage) icon only seems to be updating in 15% increments, i.e. it jumps from 100 down to 85 etc. Battery readings elsewhere are accurate - so I presume it's an issue with the battery icon/image files?

Will check this out! As soon as the issues are sorted we'll get the prebake up! :)

P