Jr18 **WiFi** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest comicbookguy

I knew I'm being really pedantic..... but any chance of a kitchen option to change the Google splash screen that shows during boot to landscape?

if i can find the image file in the ROM will i just be able to edit it?.... will it be in the Boot.img or System folder?

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest anssi_s

Only with manual file copies really, although I've been toying with adding a CIFS module to the kitchen myself.

Well, if you're going to add it, then please include NFS as well. I've been running GLaDOS kernel in my GNex recently since it has NFS support, but it's a PITA to flash another kernel just for that...

Guest JamesKing

Is the latest (leaked) GMail now included? I don't see anything on the update that mentions it, though you did say you would include it in the thread?

Guest PaulOBrien

No, Google have asked that it's not hosted unfortunately, putting it in the kitchen probably isn't a good idea.

Minor tweak to the kitchen online tomorrow then prebakes!

P

Nice work on this Paul. One small issue with the online kitchen though is that when I deselect the google wallet it's always included in the ROM. Generated the ROM twice to be sure.

As mentioned by others I also the problem with the Percentage Battery Meter (Circle).

Cheers

Guest eriknyc

Nice work on this Paul. One small issue with the online kitchen though is that when I deselect the google wallet it's always included in the ROM. Generated the ROM twice to be sure.

As mentioned by others I also the problem with the Percentage Battery Meter (Circle).

Cheers

Same here.

Great rom btw!

Guest JamesKing

No, Google have asked that it's not hosted unfortunately, putting it in the kitchen probably isn't a good idea.

That's cool,

Thanks.

But if I had such an APK, I could just create a zip with /system/app/Gmail2.apk, and Untick Gmail in the kitchen. This would install the new Gmail, right?

Guest comicbookguy

Stock battery mod still seems to be out. Reading 43% ATM when battery in android settings says 36....

Edit: mod has just jumped to 28 and battery screen says 35.

I only wiped dalvik when I flashed the new ROM. Is that right?

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest SilentBtDeadly

I really hate creating yet another account, on another forum, but I enjoy the last prebake so much, I wanted to post here.. I just hate having even more places for people to stalk me on the interwebs ;)

Your last prebake was so good that I literally stopped flashing roms once I found it. And I'm a flashaholic, so this simply has never happened. I can honestly be happy with the last rom, I'm not so worried about an update.. but could you provide a patch or instructions on how to stop the notification about a newer version being available? It is quite literally driving me crazy.. I am a pretty advanced user, so even if the instructions were on the advanced side, I'm not too worried.

I am totally okay with the idea of supporting you as a developer, but I am not fond of the idea of paying to become a member just to stop this notification.. I would have already found a way to donate if my funds weren't so tight at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any answer and the work you've already put it - I can't state enough how big a deal it is that I found a rom that makes me so happy I feel no need to flash anything else!

Edited by SilentBtDeadly

People either pay the few quid for premium or be patient. Paul works quick but normally only does prebakes when all bugs are sorted.

If you flash 4.1.2 from Google it will just go over mcr but could remove root

Guest SilentBtDeadly

People either pay the few quid for premium or be patient. Paul works quick but normally only does prebakes when all bugs are sorted.

If you flash 4.1.2 from Google it will just go over mcr but could remove root

Someone over at XDA pointed out that allowing it to try to update fails, but removes the nag notification to upgrade, so that is fine by me.

I am totally happy with the current build, I may wait before updating even after he releases a prebake, that was why I asked how I can stop it from constantly asking to upgrade.. for now I am okay with letting it try to update when the notification comes up, it made it most of the day without prompting to upgrade again.

And when you're a college student trying to pay your own way thru school, even a few quid/dollars can be hard to spare.. I'll donate/pay when I have it to spare, no worries there. I'm not impatient, even if it was a paid build, I would have to upgrade to the latest build or deal with this notification.

Guest Anton Palitsyn

Someone over at XDA pointed out that allowing it to try to update fails, but removes the nag notification to upgrade, so that is fine by me.

I am totally happy with the current build, I may wait before updating even after he releases a prebake, that was why I asked how I can stop it from constantly asking to upgrade.. for now I am okay with letting it try to update when the notification comes up, it made it most of the day without prompting to upgrade again.

And when you're a college student trying to pay your own way thru school, even a few quid/dollars can be hard to spare.. I'll donate/pay when I have it to spare, no worries there. I'm not impatient, even if it was a paid build, I would have to upgrade to the latest build or deal with this notification.

Hi SilentBtDeadly,

Just to confirm, you have tried applying the updated, it failed and you no longer get the notifications?

Thanks,

Anton.

Guest MugenMadNezz

hello everyone im new here and i signed up for the Kitchen Proud Owner On The N7 How Do I Get The Jr8 my n7 is rooted any help would be much appreciated......

Thanks