Jr18 **WiFi** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest putbinoot

hello everyone im new here and i signed up for the Kitchen Proud Owner On The N7 How Do I Get The Jr8 my n7 is rooted any help would be much appreciated......

Thanks

Read the first post on this thread it has the instructions on it for you.

The prebake will be up today!

P

Paul, I've been running your ROM since JR4, so the first thing I want to say is thank you! I finally decided to become a member to support what you do.

I've been running JR8 from the kitchen for a few days now. I've had quite a few crashes since installing it, but I believe the problem was more with the Trinity kernel I was running. I switched to the Franco kernel and haven't had any issues since.

When the official prebake goes up will there be any difference in the core files of the ROM that would warrant flashing it over the version of JR8 I'm currently running?

Thanks again for what you do, and keep up the good work!

Cam

Guest SilentBtDeadly

Hi SilentBtDeadly,

Just to confirm, you have tried applying the updated, it failed and you no longer get the notifications?

Thanks,

Anton.

Yes, at least not for nearly 24 hours.

Looking forward to the prebake goodness. Makes me think of chocolate chip cookies.

Guest PaulOBrien

Paul, I've been running your ROM since JR4, so the first thing I want to say is thank you! I finally decided to become a member to support what you do.

I've been running JR8 from the kitchen for a few days now. I've had quite a few crashes since installing it, but I believe the problem was more with the Trinity kernel I was running. I switched to the Franco kernel and haven't had any issues since.

When the official prebake goes up will there be any difference in the core files of the ROM that would warrant flashing it over the version of JR8 I'm currently running?

If you have the kitchen build, no need to flash a prebake! :)

P

I've just updated the Wallet version, Amazon Appstore version, Calendar version and fixed Flash.

P

Flashed custom Jr8 today. This is really a superb rom. Stable, fast, full featured and working. Thx Paul!

But Flash Player Settings also shows a blank page (no settings) like for my Gnex.

Can you help?

Guest mentalinsurgent

Thank you for a beautifully detailed, professionally polished work of ROM art. I am proud to support your work Paul!

Diggin JR8! :D Look forward to your future work.

Flashed custom Jr8 today. This is really a superb rom. Stable, fast, full featured and working. Thx Paul!

But Flash Player Settings also shows a blank page (no settings) like for my Gnex.

Can you help?

If you don't want to wait, you can fix it yourself by uninstalling the current Flash with Titanium Backup and then sideloading Flash.

Guest comicbookguy

Just switched to tablet mode @160 dpi by editing the build.prop file and loving the result! It regains a lot of screen space for browsing and watching video. still wish the nav bar would be less intrusive when not in use tho....

Any hope for an "auto low profile" (the 3 dots instead of the icons) or "auto hide" kitchen option for the nav bar at some point, to take that responsibility away from the apps?

Guest SilentBtDeadly

Just switched to tablet mode @160 dpi by editing the build.prop file and loving the result! It regains a lot of screen space for browsing and watching video. still wish the nav bar would be less intrusive when not in use tho....

Any hope for an "auto low profile" (the 3 dots instead of the icons) or "auto hide" kitchen option for the nav bar at some point, to take that responsibility away from the apps?

I thought there was a lot more to getting true tablet mode than changing the DPI? I am going off of my nook color and other android devices, and changing the dpi changed what was available in the market, but could never give a true tablet experience- and I thought there was a mod floating around the n7 forums that was supposed to give a true different experience by making changes to the framework files?

And I'm not sure what you mean about the low profile and auto hide options you mentioned.. I am new with this device specifically, but I am curious what you mean.

Plus, I am anxiously waiting for the prebake, I have been every since Paul announced it was going to be replaced that day! I still can't bring myself to bother with a different rom, I'm just too happy with the way this one performs.

Guest comicbookguy

.I'm not sure if its full tablet mode, but it moves the status bar to the bottom, narrows it down and moves the soft keys to the left.. I'll check the rest of the ui and try to post a screenshot later

The "auto hide " would hide the Nav bar altogether after a few seconds without touch input, the low profile option dims the softkeys (and possibly the status bar stuff at the other end) to small dots instead

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest jcracken

.I'm not sure if its full tablet mode, but it moves the status bar to the bottom, narrows it down and moves the soft keys to the left.. I'll check the rest of the ui and try to post a screenshot later

The "auto hide " would hide the Nav bar altogether after a few seconds without touch input, the low profile option dims the softkeys (and possibly the status bar stuff at the other end) to small dots instead

That is true tablet mode; there is another tablet mode mod that works without changing the dpi, so that everything isn't shrunk down and tiny. The link to it is http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1780970

Guest SilentBtDeadly

That is true tablet mode; there is another tablet mode mod that works without changing the dpi, so that everything isn't shrunk down and tiny. The link to it is http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1780970

I'm new to the site, so I don't see a thanks button.. but thanks for the answers. And screenshots would be appreciated, along with any feedback if you notice any difference in available apps<-- that was the problem I've had with changing the dpi before.

Thanks again.

Edited by SilentBtDeadly

Guest comicbookguy

That is true tablet mode; there is another tablet mode mod that works without changing the dpi, so that everything isn't shrunk down and tiny. The link to it is http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1780970

i couldn't get that one to work, but I actually like the shrunken effect and it would be much easier to revert back, or to remod the next MCR..... I'll work on screenshots later ;)

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest Rsotbiemrptson

i couldn't get that one to work, but I actually like the shrunken effect and it would be much easier to revert back, or to remod the next MCR..... I'll work on screenshots later ;)

Hello,

This is the one you want(http://forum.xda-dev...2&postcount=719), but it will get rid of your advanced power menu. If you get me your android.policy.jar, services.jar, and framework-res.apk I can make one that will work for you.

Rsotbiemrptson

Edited by Rsotbiemrptson

Guest comicbookguy

I'd tried that one too and the system ui kept fc-ing

Other than nova launcher taking ages to load up at boot I'm fairly happy with what I've got. I've got very used to the EPM, but I might just send those files, thanks

Edited by comicbookguy

I noticed that if I choose a battery % option, no matter which nav bar layout I choose, in landscape mode, the nav bar always end up being stuck on the right.

Guest thunder62

Hi Paul,

this is a grear ROM! Thank you for the hard work.

There is one thing I am struggling with: The opening post states: "Patched YouTube to allow preloading (downloading for offline viewing), normally unavailable on the Nexus 7" I don't get this feature working on Jr8. What is the magic I am missing?

Guest anssi_s

Do the Kitchen selections save for anyone? I seem to have defaults again...

So here's my suggestion: include the selections as a text file in the zip and flash it on the device too. That way we could all have a record of what choices we made last time. Importing into the kitchen would be nice too.

Come to think of it, it would be really cool if you could view your MoDaCo settings in the device's about phone/tablet part.