Jr18 **WiFi** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ethicalstrategy

Anyone having trouble with flash? I have it checked as an option in the kitchen and it shows up as installed in the app list but when I go to the stock browser flash content is asking me to install the latest version.

I have the option switched on in settings.

It appears to have arisen with Jr8. Everything worked fine before I updated.

I have tried reinstalling with a wipe of the cache and the dalvik cache. I'm reluctant to do a full wipe.

Any thoughts from Paul or others having the same problem?

Guest ethicalstrategy

OK. Turns out all I needed to do was download and install the latest version of Flash for Android from the Adobe archive. No idea why it suddenly stopped but all seems well now.

Anyway, for now I'm doing an ADB backup, flashing factory 4.2 and restoring... I don't really use any root apps on N7, and I need 4.2 quick as I'm lending the tablet to my parents, so multiple users is a must :)

Will see if it works!

Guest comicbookguy

Anyway, for now I'm doing an ADB backup, flashing factory 4.2 and restoring... I don't really use any root apps on N7, and I need 4.2 quick as I'm lending the tablet to my parents, so multiple users is a must :)

Will see if it works!

damn. just been farting about with the update.zip and had to go back to unrooted 4.1.2 stock first.... didnt realize the image had arrived.

i've been modding the dpi in build.prop down to 160 on Jr8, but it wont boot on 4.2 stock

PLEASE Paul: can we have tablet UI as an option on jr9?

i've been modding the dpi in build.prop down to 160 on Jr8, but it wont boot on 4.2 stock

PLEASE Paul: can we have tablet UI as an option on jr9?

Huh, have you seen any of Nexus 10 (p)reviews? There's no 'tablet UI' anymore as it was in 3.0-4.1. At least there's no unified Status-NavBar.

Guest mycroft72

Delighted to hear a new build is on the way. :-)

Long time fan of Paul's work, going back to the HTC Hero, hardly posted, but one thing I've never quite understood though, is why the new build gets put into the existing thread. So, if you're looking to read comments about the new build, you've got to go through, and find where the new build was introduced, and read on from there, but seeing as the date stamp on the initial post matches the original post there's no obvious way to see when it was updated. Just curious...

Edited by mycroft72

Guest comicbookguy

Huh, have you seen any of Nexus 10 (p)reviews? There's no 'tablet UI' anymore as it was in 3.0-4.1. At least there's no unified Status-NavBar.

I was avoiding the Nexus 10 as im much happier with the N7 form factor than the 10 inch Vega to had before.

Paul : what's the chance of a "unified Nav&status bar with low profile enabled" in the kitchen options? Really don't want to leave MCR, but don't want to have to stick on Jr8 either

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest PaulOBrien
"unified Nav&status bar with low profile enabled"

What do you mean? Like the 'old style' tablets you mean?

Slight hold up on the 4.2 release while I fixed APKTool (for all), back underway now! :D

P

Guest comicbookguy

What do you mean? Like the 'old style' tablets you mean?

P

Yes. But with the "dot" style dimmed soft keys and notifications after after a few seconds with no touch input (apks can trigger this, but i think its a nice addition especially when watching video. surely it should be consistent across the UI?)

i'll post screenshots of what i get in jr8 with the build.prop 160dpi mod when the N7 is charged. the mod gives you about an extra 6mm of usable screen depth...

"cons" that i have found are increased load time for stock launcher or nova launcher at startup, and incorrect display of Modaco in the stock browser, where it shifts the poster profile stuff onto the middle of the screen (see 3rd screenshot). doesn't happen in Chrome tho.

post-862200-0-70267000-1352913213_thumb.

post-862200-0-92916700-1352913239_thumb.

post-862200-0-21310400-1352913716_thumb.

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest comicbookguy

Paul, what's the possibility of an "ignore ota updates" toggle in options in the ROM (not in the kitchen)

Edited by comicbookguy