• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Jr18 **WiFi** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

879 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Anyone having trouble with flash? I have it checked as an option in the kitchen and it shows up as installed in the app list but when I go to the stock browser flash content is asking me to install the latest version.

I have the option switched on in settings.

It appears to have arisen with Jr8. Everything worked fine before I updated.

I have tried reinstalling with a wipe of the cache and the dalvik cache. I'm reluctant to do a full wipe.

Any thoughts from Paul or others having the same problem?

Posted · Report post

OK. Turns out all I needed to do was download and install the latest version of Flash for Android from the Adobe archive. No idea why it suddenly stopped but all seems well now.

Posted · Report post

Not sure if it is just me, but has a prebake for Jr8 been released yet?? I am still seeing the message "online shortly" and a link to a Jr7 prebake..

Posted · Report post

4.2 out for Nexus 7 :)

Can we expect an updated Modaco ROM please ?

http://android.clien...4K.094f6629.zip

Pauls has tweeted he's working on the GNex update so i'm presuming its not far away. might try the OTA stock tho.....

Posted · Report post

Anyway, for now I'm doing an ADB backup, flashing factory 4.2 and restoring... I don't really use any root apps on N7, and I need 4.2 quick as I'm lending the tablet to my parents, so multiple users is a must :)

Will see if it works!

Posted · Report post

Anyway, for now I'm doing an ADB backup, flashing factory 4.2 and restoring... I don't really use any root apps on N7, and I need 4.2 quick as I'm lending the tablet to my parents, so multiple users is a must :)

Will see if it works!

damn. just been farting about with the update.zip and had to go back to unrooted 4.1.2 stock first.... didnt realize the image had arrived.

i've been modding the dpi in build.prop down to 160 on Jr8, but it wont boot on 4.2 stock

PLEASE Paul: can we have tablet UI as an option on jr9?

Posted · Report post

i've been modding the dpi in build.prop down to 160 on Jr8, but it wont boot on 4.2 stock

PLEASE Paul: can we have tablet UI as an option on jr9?

Huh, have you seen any of Nexus 10 (p)reviews? There's no 'tablet UI' anymore as it was in 3.0-4.1. At least there's no unified Status-NavBar.

Posted · Report post

Working on 4.2 right now, will have it up ASAP! :)

P

Posted · Report post

Will it be possible to go direct from jr6 to the new one?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Delighted to hear a new build is on the way. :-)

Long time fan of Paul's work, going back to the HTC Hero, hardly posted, but one thing I've never quite understood though, is why the new build gets put into the existing thread. So, if you're looking to read comments about the new build, you've got to go through, and find where the new build was introduced, and read on from there, but seeing as the date stamp on the initial post matches the original post there's no obvious way to see when it was updated. Just curious...

Edited by mycroft72

Huh, have you seen any of Nexus 10 (p)reviews? There's no 'tablet UI' anymore as it was in 3.0-4.1. At least there's no unified Status-NavBar.

I was avoiding the Nexus 10 as im much happier with the N7 form factor than the 10 inch Vega to had before.

Paul : what's the chance of a "unified Nav&status bar with low profile enabled" in the kitchen options? Really don't want to leave MCR, but don't want to have to stick on Jr8 either

Edited by comicbookguy

Posted · Report post

"unified Nav&status bar with low profile enabled"

What do you mean? Like the 'old style' tablets you mean?

Slight hold up on the 4.2 release while I fixed APKTool (for all), back underway now! :D

P

What do you mean? Like the 'old style' tablets you mean?

P

Yes. But with the "dot" style dimmed soft keys and notifications after after a few seconds with no touch input (apks can trigger this, but i think its a nice addition especially when watching video. surely it should be consistent across the UI?)

i'll post screenshots of what i get in jr8 with the build.prop 160dpi mod when the N7 is charged. the mod gives you about an extra 6mm of usable screen depth...

"cons" that i have found are increased load time for stock launcher or nova launcher at startup, and incorrect display of Modaco in the stock browser, where it shifts the poster profile stuff onto the middle of the screen (see 3rd screenshot). doesn't happen in Chrome tho.

post-862200-0-70267000-1352913213_thumb.

post-862200-0-92916700-1352913239_thumb.

post-862200-0-21310400-1352913716_thumb.

Edited by comicbookguy

Posted · Report post

Twiddles thumbs impatiently :mellow:

Posted · Report post

Hello Everyone

Im On Jr8 & Just Recieved The 4.2 Update IF i except the Install Will It Break my Root Access!!

Posted · Report post

Hello Everyone

Im On Jr8 & Just Recieved The 4.2 Update IF i except the Install Will It Break my Root Access!!

It will just fail.

Posted · Report post

Thanks i'll Wait On The Kitchen

Paul, what's the possibility of an "ignore ota updates" toggle in options in the ROM (not in the kitchen)

Edited by comicbookguy

Posted · Report post

Just try and install it, it fails. I haven't had the notification again. Hoping 4.2 comes soon

Posted · Report post

Any updates on 4.2? The old Galaxy Nexus is getting all the love.

Posted · Report post

4.2 Should Be Really Soon :)

Posted · Report post

How did I miss that 4.2 is out for the N7? I must follow 100 Android types on social meeja.

Rubs hands with anticipation!