Jr18 **WiFi** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest meddler

Paul

This ROM is fantastic, well worth the subscription so I could customise.

This tablet (and the accompanying ROM, obviously) blows my Dell Streak 7 away completely. Never managed to get a reliable ICS ROM on that machine, let alone JB.

Oh well, time to flash the Dell back to Honeycomb and give it to my sister :-)

Thanks again Paul.

Guest seamonkey420

Thank you paul! baked me a rom and flashing now. wondering if you thought of adding the build.prop hack into the kitchen to get the tablet ui? :)

Guest vagelis

Great ROM indeed, looking forward to the battery and soft button hacks. Any chance we can have the power off TV animation of the Galaxy Nexus baked in, you know for sh*&$ and giggles?

Thank you kindly for all the great ROMs and added utility you bring to our devices.

Guest PaulOBrien
Thank you paul! baked me a rom and flashing now. wondering if you thought of adding the build.prop hack into the kitchen to get the tablet ui? :)

Yeah, I can add that...

Great ROM indeed, looking forward to the battery and soft button hacks. Any chance we can have the power off TV animation of the Galaxy Nexus baked in, you know for sh*&$ and giggles?

Thank you kindly for all the great ROMs and added utility you bring to our devices.

Can add that too. :-)

P

Guest Highland3r

Rather than using this method, would it be better to use the code based alternation as detailed http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1780970? Seems a bit more elegant and means there's no need to mess around with DPI etc?

Guest rfbutch

Rather than using this method, would it be better to use the code based alternation as detailed http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1780970? Seems a bit more elegant and means there's no need to mess around with DPI etc?

Would rom toolbox from the market do what you want? I'm a novice so forgive me if I've misunderstood but saw a video last night which demonstrated changing the lcd density in build.prop tweaks option in rom toolbox from 213 to 160 to get a different (tablet?) ui.

Paul,

thanks for great rom and your work - any chance of a screenshot option in the power menu?

Edited by rfbutch

Guest PaulOBrien

Jr5 is now online in the kitchen! Changelog below. :)

Just checking a few bits then i'll upload the prebake. Enjoy!

P

Changelog

19 July Jr5

• Tweaked size of bottom navigation bar to make it consistent with the rest of the UI. Big improvement!
  • Added an option to the kitchen to move to the right hand side of the device in landscape mode.

Guest Highland3r

Better landscape layout right? Coming soon to the kitchen. :)

P

n7landscape.jpg

Looks good - are you forcing tablet UI as well or is that for another day/another change

Guest ellesshoo

Jr5 is now online in the kitchen! Changelog below. :)

Just checking a few bits then i'll upload the prebake. Enjoy!

P

Changelog

19 July Jr5

• Tweaked size of bottom navigation bar to make it consistent with the rest of the UI. Big improvement!
  • Added an option to the kitchen to move to the right hand side of the device in landscape mode.

Could you give some details on the change to the nav bar size? I'm not sure where to see the change ( maybe not noticing it).

Guest PaulOBrien

The main bar down the bottom is slightly smaller. I'll take a screenshot to compare in a sec.

If you baked within the first minute or two of me posting Jr5, it might be worth rebaking...

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Here is a graphical representation of the nav bar size change between Jr4 and Jr5. As you can see it's not a massive difference, but it does make the device feel a LOT better! :)

P

navbar45.jpg

Guest vagelis

The side UI modification is truly great indeed.

Why didn't Google think about this?

I believe that this though has made the pull down menu appear lob-sided, see attached pic

633bef94-057e-2089.jpg

Any ideas?

Guest PaulOBrien
The side UI modification is truly great indeed.

Why didn't Google think about this?

I believe that this though has made the pull down menu appear lob-sided, see attached pic

633bef94-057e-2089.jpg

Any ideas?

It was always like that even on stock...

P

Guest DyManic

Maybe a newbie question this.

I installed the Jr4 release today just befor Jr5 was released :(

To update to the new version do I need to Wipe/Factory reset or will a wipe of cache and dalvik cache be good enough?

Guest DyManic

Excellent - and thanks for the speedy reply!

Edit - Worked fine - side position of the Nav looks much better IMHO. Great work Paul!

Edited by DyManic

Guest PaulOBrien

Jr5 prebake is now online!

The prebake includes the bottom navigation bar size tweak, but not option which moves it to the right hand side of the device in landscape mode.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

The system seems to see stock and my modded as the same and doesn't show the switcher, install an additional keyboard from the Market and you'll be able to switch.

P

Guest Fursty Ferret

Cheers for that Paul, reflashed in the end with the "phone-style" version unticked which worked fine.

If other people out there are tempted to flash over the stock ROM without wiping, I haven't encountered any problems so far (apart from, of course, my own stupidity!)