Jr18 **WiFi** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

Guest PaulOBrien

The YouTube preloading fix has only just been readied. :) Yes, the prebake button location is restored to stock-style by majority verdict!

Thanks Paul. Time to subscribe.

Guest illingd

I might add an option to change it to two finger swipe instead...

P

Personally, finding the new separated notification/settings a bit annoying - keep getting settings by mistake because I habitually swipe down on the right-hand side : -(

Guest PaulOBrien
Paul:

any chance you can post the EPM on its own so i can try re-flashing it over the TabletUI mod please? (if you think it'll work)

That won't work sadly as they both mod the same files...

P

I've just updated the kitchen to include the patched YouTube app with preloading enabled and also updated versions on a couple of the preinstalled apps.

I baked one about an hour ago and preloading doesn't seem to be there - no settings option and no downloading icon overlay.

Any update on flash not working in stock JB browser?

This is a bit of a show-stopper. Can we expect a fix soon, or should I restore previous version?

Apparently Adobe Flash Player 11.1.115.20 doesn't seem to work with stock browser when installed in /system.

I just removed the app+data with TB and reinstalled from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1848508 into /data

This works for me.

Edited by syddp

>>Had some weird issue yesterday.

>>N7 died at < 10% battery level.

>>Thought it had something to do with the new 4.2 rom.

>>Googled around somewhat at found this thread: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1798756

>>Installed Battery Calibration 1.2 (root), fully charged my battery, ran down battery level to 0% with StabilityTest 2.5 and fully charged my battery again overnight to 100%

>>Although someone says It has zero effect on battery life It worked for me because my battery keeps steady pace now till 1% and then properly shuts down nicely.

>>Just my 2 cents...

Issue reoccurred yesterday after update to jr12.

Now N7 died at < 5% battery level.

I think I found myself a solution over here: http://www.webmastersdiary.com/2012/09/nexus-7-low-battery-shutdown-fix-how-to.html#!/2012/09/nexus-7-low-battery-shutdown-fix-how-to.html

Problem seems to be fixed (again). Only the future will tell...

If this doesn't help I will have to request a battery replacement.

To be continued...

Edited by syddp

P,

One small issue.

Input Methods (non LatinIME) installed to /system partition (/System/app/GooglePinyinIME.apk) gets installed even when I deselected the option in the online kitchen.

Something to fix in a next update ?

thx upfront !

Btw, I already tried to start from scratch again with the 'restore your defaults' option within the online kitchen. No luck.

Edited by syddp

Guest PaulOBrien
P,

One small issue.

Input Methods (non LatinIME) installed to /system partition (/System/app/GooglePinyinIME.apk) gets installed even when I deselected the option in the online kitchen.

Something to fix in a next update ?

thx upfront !

Btw, I already tried to start from scratch again with the 'restore your defaults' option within the online kitchen. No luck.

Dirk.

Noted, thanks!

P

Guest PaulOBrien
I've baked my Jr9 on Friday and there is no EPM in my Build?! How could this be?

It is only available with some other of this for me senseless UI Tweaks?

Have you installed another mod over the top? It should be in all builds.

P

I know I've asked this before... How do I do that?

I think in asking that it's probably too late. Already cleared the notification. Won't the file be on the tablet somewhere?

Edited by jmagee