Jr18 **WiFi** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest comicbookguy

Didn't realize you were using the stock style buttons. so "No". It puts everything on the bottom, with the nav keys on the left and the notifications on the right all of the time....

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest Highland3r

Just installed JR10 and getting a 4.2 upgrade nag - is there a way to get rid of it at all? (tried renaming the otacerts.zip file but that hasn't removed it) - any thoughts?

TIA!

Guest Highland3r

That's strange. Just accept it, it'll fail, then never return in theory?

P

Cheers Paul - the update was never actually attempted (just hung @ rebooting) but the notification has gone after a reboot so appears to have worked!

Guest Oldbarzo

Hi

Just installed Jr10 and brilliant as usual. Used the pre-baked and all my apps installed from Google without prompting including Titanium.

Installed over stock 4.2.1 with caches wipes only.

Paul are there any recommended kernels for use with this rom?

Stransky

Guest juicejuice

jr10 OdexMe not work with me. Does anyone have such a problem help me fix it.

Sorry but Jr10 OdexMe worked fine here after my dirty flash over Jr9. How is it failing? Maybe time to wipe and reflash?

Guest trungdtdev

Sorry but Jr10 OdexMe worked fine here after my dirty flash over Jr9. How is it failing? Maybe time to wipe and reflash?

I run odexme but nothing effect to the system/app and icon OdexMe still on screen.

Before flash I wipe: Factory reset, Cache, Davik-cache.

There is a difference after booting I used Titanium Backup to restore my app. I think OdexMe not work well with Titanium backup

Guest jdkelley53

Backed Jr10 today, fullwiped the tablet and still no EPM here..

should I send you any file of the ZIP what I got??

FYI, in the past I have had issues with no EPM if I selected anything other than stock battery indicator in kitchen. May not apply to you.

Guest PaulOBrien

Good news campers!

The kitchen bakes now include a N7 configured and tweaked version of kevdliu's excellent Quick Settings mod, which allows you to modify the quick settings tiles! :)

I am adding further kitchen options to allow reversion to the phone style two finger notification bar and a patch to allow NFC with screen off then i'll issue a new prebake tomorrow. :)

P

Guest PaulOBrien
system.ui force closing again Paul. Tried using adb to solve it but it hasn't worked. Any advice?

Dag-nabbit!

The sooner I finish up my ROM controlling app the better!

I shall investigate...

P

Dag-nabbit!

The sooner I finish up my ROM controlling all the better!

I shall investigate...

P

When you finish your ROMs I'm getting an iPhone. I vowed not to root my Nexus 4 and lasted oh about 15 minutes. You can maybe stop when Google get it right or give you a job :-)

Guest PaulOBrien

When you finish your ROMs I'm getting an iPhone. I vowed not to root my Nexus 4 and lasted oh about 15 minutes. You can maybe stop when Google get it right or give you a job :-)

Ah, typo, that should have read 'rom controlling app'. ;-)

I blame the beer...

P

Guest juicejuice

O Lordy! another TLA -- what's NFC, anybody?

Type "NFC" into google and it will take you to this page where you can read all about it ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near_field_communication

It's yet another wireless technology intended for ad-hoc communciations between devices. Eg. if you have one of those new bank cards or credit cards that you can swipe or tap to pay.

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm just fixing the 'maps' crash that affects some operations in Facebook, Foursquare and Tweakdeck amongst others then i'll be ready to release the new version. :-)

P