Jr18 **WiFi** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

Guest PaulOBrien

New version in the kitchen - prebake to follow soon!

P

Changelog

11th December

• All installed apps updated to latest versions.
  • Image issues now resolved
  • Google Now issues in landscape mod now resolved

I've updated my modified input method in the kitchen. It now uses the tablet layout, but with the press-hold functionality still available. I have NO idea what Google were thinking when they removed it...!

P

Thanks again for the great work, Paul! Especially the above update. I'm also interested in the sip and phone apk ;)

Some remarks:

- latest version of Adobe Flash Player 11.1.115.34 (http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1848508) works for what i need it for (browser/chrome). Can it be included in the next release ?

- Input Methods (non LatinIME) installed to /system partition included despite the option is not checked in the kitchen (restore defaults nogo). Maybe worth checking for the next release ?

Guest PaulOBrien

Thanks again for the great work, Paul! Especially the above update. I'm also interested in the sip and phone apk ;)

Some remarks:

- latest version of Adobe Flash Player 11.1.115.34 (http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1848508) works for what i need it for (browser/chrome). Can it be included in the next release ?

- Input Methods (non LatinIME) installed to /system partition included despite the option is not checked in the kitchen (restore defaults nogo). Maybe worth checking for the next release ?

Will fix up both. :-)

P

Guest A.Y. Baidjoe

Hi Paul,

Thanks for this awesome ROM. Became a member, not so much because of the custom kitchen, which is a very nice supplement. But mainly because I like your direct interaction with the users. Keep up the good work!

Using JR12 in combination with Metallice his A23 kernel (666mhz LP). Works excellent.

Just flashed a custom made JR12, but seem to missing my bottom buttons and top menu. Can't seem to figure out if it's one of the custom mod I selected.

Edited by A.Y. Baidjoe

Guest nico1375

Hello,

I wanted to install JR12 over JR11.

I have clockworkmod touch installed and it seems to refuse mounting my SD card.

Anyone knows why?

Thanks

EDIT: forget it, it's just because my device is encrypted...

Edited by nico1375

Guest A.Y. Baidjoe

It's the menu options. Make sure you haven't selected to. Wipe cache and dalvik and try a fresh bake. That's normally the solution

Thanks mate, that did it :)

Guest PaulOBrien
Hi Paul,

Thanks for this awesome ROM. Became a member, not so much because of the custom kitchen, which is a very nice supplement. But mainly because I like your direct interaction with the users. Keep up the good work!

Using JR12 in combination with Metallice his A23 kernel (666mhz LP). Works excellent.

Just flashed a custom made JR12, but seem to missing my bottom buttons and top menu. Can't seem to figure out if it's one of the custom mod I selected.

Thanks for your support! :-)

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Apologies, i've been busy working on some site issues today - the next update is still in progress!

Primary changes are updates and fixes... any requests, get them in now! :)

P

Guest redmongoose

Apologies, i've been busy working on some site issues today - the next update is still in progress!

Primary changes are updates and fixes... any requests, get them in now! :)

P

I know you always really busy but would there be any way to incorporate a way to hide / root (toggle it on / off) so that we could use the newly released skygo app, or include a modified option in the kitchen of the app not finding root now that the nexus 7 is supported ?

Alternatively if you have any ideas how to get it working (whilst still maintaining root) I'd love to hear them. I have not been able to get it working with MCR using root hiding apps unfortunately.

Is it something that you would use yourself?

Guest PaulOBrien

I know you always really busy but would there be any way to incorporate a way to hide / root (toggle it on / off) so that we could use the newly released skygo app, or include a modified option in the kitchen of the app not finding root now that the nexus 7 is supported ?

Alternatively if you have any ideas how to get it working (whilst still maintaining root) I'd love to hear them. I have not been able to get it working with MCR using root hiding apps unfortunately.

Is it something that you would use yourself?

It be nice to get it working, even when I completely remove root it still says I'm rooted! :(

P

Guest comicbookguy

Would think you in a minority on that tbh cbg.

This isn't the sort of site that neglects minorities ;)

Any chance you could add the crt screen off effect?

I think it would look ace.

+1. Looks great on the GNex and N4

Paul: any objection to me modding the boot logo?

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest PaulOBrien

This isn't the sort of site that neglects minorities ;)

+1. Looks great on the GNex and N4

Paul: any objection to me modding the boot logo?

None!

Only tend to boot it after each update anyway tbh.

Amen to that! :-D

P

Guest comicbookguy

end screen of work in progress landscape boot animation:

trying to get Paul to appear on the right, then slide to the left before the modaco logo appears on the right, but learning as i go with png animation... :/

Paul can you recommend any editor/animator software?

post-862200-0-57432000-1355879072_thumb.

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest PaulOBrien
The thread by -sc- brought the keyboard into focus and numbers on the top row of keys with press and hold would be a nice addition.

Already a kitchen option!

P