Jr18 **WiFi** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

There have been a lot of app updates lately you may have noticed - these have now all been integrated into the kitchen, there will be some more improvements before I build the next release. :)

By request, a landscape boot animation is now also available in the kitchen.

P

Guest comicbookguy

There have been a lot of app updates lately you may have noticed - these have now all been integrated into the kitchen, there will be some more improvements before I build the next release. :)

P

Thanks Paul! The DIY option was a PITA!

Guest Pondlife

Already a kitchen option!

P

Oops.

P

Yeah app updates definitely been thick and fast of late.

Off topic is the One X still your phone off choice?

Guest vlad7777

Hello,,

this ROM looks great by description of features that fixed Google's crippling efforts.

It this ROM only for Nexus 7 WiFi models?

I have Nexus 7 4.2.1 from Google with GSM/HSDPA+ /WiFi - will I kill the GSM/HSDPA+ radio by installing this ROM?

Please advise if there is another ROM in the works that would include the GSM/HSDPA+ models

Thanks a lot!

Best regards

Vladimir

Guest vlad7777

Hi,

This ROM seems to be absolutely great based on features described and reversing the crippling efforts of Google.

However, before I install - I need to make sure it is compatible with Nexus 7 HSDPA+ models.

Please advise if this ROM is compatible with N7 GSM/HSDPA+ or if you plan to release another version that will be compatible.

I do not want to kill my GSM/HSDPA+ radio by installing the custom ROM.

I am very new to Android and may be this question has been already addressed somewhere else - so I apologize in advance.

Best regards,

Vladimir

Guest comicbookguy

Hi Paul!

Love the landscape boot animation, but it disappears at the end with a 1 frame white flash, instead of hanging on the last frame until boot finishes.....

Guest PaulOBrien
Hi Paul!

Love the landscape boot animation, but it disappears at the end with a 1 frame white flash, instead of hanging on the last frame until boot finishes.....

Hmm, will check it!

P

Guest PaulOBrien

I've just finished investigating the various 'gradient fix' requirements with a view to incorporating them in the next release. Some no longer apply on 4.2 but some, as you can see below, still do. :)

I've made an updated version and assuming it tests OK, i'll incorporate it for the next release! :)

P

gradientfixcomp.png

Guest Drew C.

So Themes for this ROM? Are there any? I have tried finding search function for this thread and no go. I love the ROM but would love to customize the default JB/ICS Blue Font Colors to another. Something like the CM10 Theme Chooser would be nice. Does any of these exist for this ROM?

ok, so received my nice new shiny nexus 7 from the big man. can someone point me to a nice easy guide to installing the jr12 Rom and clockwork? I've downloaded the nexus 7 toolkit from wugwash(?) and worked through that a little, but at one point I thought I'd bricked it!

could someone step away from their turkey and help a Xmas day nerd!

kind regards

fillo

Guest Chewy11

I have used the Wugfresh Nexus toolkit and the fast boot method too.

For the toolkit, get the drivers set up with the step by step, then go read his thread on XDA.

Then, with specific questions, we can try to answer those.

Good luck, enjoy the thrill of tweaking your new toy!

Don't panic. Read up! A lot.

Guest Puzzlegirl

Hi Paul

I've downloaded the ROM (3 times to make sure) for my shiny new N7 via the kitchen and everything works fine except that there's no enhanced power menu, which is odd because you can't unselect it anyway! I have MCRs on my N4 and GNex and haven't encountered a similar problem.

These are the kitchen options if it helps:

Your kitchen choices are shown below.

a

Thanks.