Jr18 **WiFi** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest SilentBtDeadly

I haven't had time to post, but I am relatively certain I am getting the "sleep of death" since the last update only. Never happened before, but since the update have had a half dozen times where the device simply doesn't wake up.. I just have to hold the power until it restarts, then all is well. But I guess it happening 6-8 times in 3 weeks isn't THAT bad.. just letting you know. Everything is stock, still happens even if I don't install anything after a full wipe.

I haven't had time to post, but I am relatively certain I am getting the "sleep of death" since the last update only. Never happened before, but since the update have had a half dozen times where the device simply doesn't wake up.. I just have to hold the power until it restarts, then all is well. But I guess it happening 6-8 times in 3 weeks isn't THAT bad.. just letting you know. Everything is stock, still happens even if I don't install anything after a full wipe.

Could have something to do with a battery problem. Not sure about it. Looks similar like the one I had.

See my post #487 for a possible solution.

The second approach works for me (the first one only worked for some time and then the problem came back).

If it doesn't help and it is a battery problem, you will have to request a replacement.

Guest PaulOBrien

Jr13 is now available in the kitchen! As usual, after a short period of testing both by myself and kitchen users it'll be available as prebake! :)

This is mostly an app update / fix + tweak release. The 'gradient fix' is now also included in all bakes, if you spot any remaining bad gradients please report to the elite 'G-Squad' by posting in this topic and it'll get fixed. :P

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and Happy New Year - thanks for your support in 2012... looking forward to 2013! :)

P

Changelog

28th December Jr13

• All installed apps updated to latest versions.
  • Gradient fix - if you spot any bad gradients please post in topic.
  • Numerous small improvements and bug fixes.

Guest PaulOBrien
Thanks Paul :D downloading now :D

Edit: TweakDeck is missing from Jr12 and Jr13.

Hmm, I'll check that. Makes surely you don't wipe after install.

Happy Newyear Everyone

Mr.Obrien Did you you add the frame work & sip to build..

Not yet!

P

Jr13 is now available in the kitchen! As usual, after a short period of testing both by myself and kitchen users it'll be available as prebake! :)

This is mostly an app update / fix + tweak release. The 'gradient fix' is now also included in all bakes, if you spot any remaining bad gradients please report to the elite 'G-Squad' by posting in this topic and it'll get fixed. :P

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and Happy New Year - thanks for your support in 2012... looking forward to 2013! :)

P

Changelog

28th December Jr13

• All installed apps updated to latest versions.
  • Gradient fix - if you spot any bad gradients please post in topic.
  • Numerous small improvements and bug fixes.

Very nice work, Paul!

Input Methods (non LatinIME) still present in latest pre-bake (29/12) even when deselected in online kitchen.

You can remove it with TiBu.

Restore defaults in online kitchen = nogo.

Any reason why Adobe Flash Player 11.1.115.12 is still integrated while Adobe Flash Player 11.1.115.34 is available for some time (backward compatibility) ?

Maybe something to be fixed in the next update ? Thx!

Happy New Year to everyone!

Edited by syddp

Guest PaulOBrien

Prebake is now online! :)

I'm offline this week, but i'll read all posts on my return and prepare the next update. Thanks for your support and Happy New Year! :)

P

Guest cjb_64

After installing jr13 my n7 kept freezing and had to be hard rebooted, it was also randomly shutting down.

I have now reverted to jr12, which has fixed the problem. Hope for a new update soon.

UPDATE: Running jr13 with the stock kernel has resolved all of the issues, I was using Franco kernel.

Edited by cjb_64

Guest Oldbarzo
Am now trying the stock kernel with jr13, hoping this has sorted the issues.

Hi

Still on Jr12 but want to upgrade to 13.

What kernel were you on with 13 when it froze? and have you had any better luck with stock kernel and 13?

Oldbarzo

Guest cjb_64

Hi

Still on Jr12 but want to upgrade to 13.

What kernel were you on with 13 when it froze? and have you had any better luck with stock kernel and 13?

Oldbarzo

was using Franco kernel, now using stock on jr13 and it's running fine.

Guest David Bate

Paul, hopefully you'll be able to throw in the weather info on the lock screen at some point. It would be a perfect bonus. :)

We Canadians need to have easy access to that weather info, as every 5 steps we take, the weather changes.. :)

Guest GedBlake

Yep. Prebake in post 1 is Jr13... been running it for a couple of days now (having flashed Jr12, my first custom ROM on the N7, only a few days previously).

Running smoothly without any issues.

GED.

Edited by GedBlake

Paul, hopefully you'll be able to throw in the weather info on the lock screen at some point. It would be a perfect bonus. :)

We Canadians need to have easy access to that weather info, as every 5 steps we take, the weather changes.. :)

Why don't you download Cyanogenmod's Chronus app. You can get it over on XDA.

Guest David Bate

Why don't you download Cyanogenmod's Chronus app. You can get it over on XDA.

I already did. Didn't work on my Galaxy Nexus or the Nexus 7. Clock worked fine, no weather and no way to set it up.

I already did. Didn't work on my Galaxy Nexus or the Nexus 7. Clock worked fine, no weather and no way to set it up.

Did you install on the lock screen? When on the home screen, you need to adjust the size of the widget to see the weather. The settings are reached by choosing the app in the app drawer.