Jr18 **WiFi** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest meddler

Paul

Small(ish) issue. I'm using the Kitchen to generate my custom ROM and despite de-selecting Magazines it's still showing up :-(

Just wanted to flag it up.

Thanks for another great ROM.

And those of you new Nexus 7 owners with your £15/$25 Google play credit, you can use it to pay for Modaco Ad-Free and then you get 12 months of Kitchen use and Paul gets a couple of beers. Sounds like a decent use of your credit to me.

Guest ogdobber

Hey just a note regarding the soft keys moving up to the right in landscape mode. While it makes sense, and more appealing to the eye...when using sling box (for phones) you actually lose 1/4 on the top and the bottom. Which equates to a 1/2 smaller screen. So for me, I am going for the option of them on the bottom. Gotta love choices;)

Btw, magazines work for me

Guest PaulOBrien
Paul

Small(ish) issue. I'm using the Kitchen to generate my custom ROM and despite de-selecting Magazines it's still showing up :-(

Just wanted to flag it up.

Thanks for another great ROM.

And those of you new Nexus 7 owners with your £15/$25 Google play credit, you can use it to pay for Modaco Ad-Free and then you get 12 months of Kitchen use and Paul gets a couple of beers. Sounds like a decent use of your credit to me.

I'll check that.

Also, free credit can be used for ad free? Awesome! :-)

P

Guest nvidiax

I'll check that.

Also, free credit can be used for ad free? Awesome! :-)

P

Just tried it and I got an error message: 'Your current payment method is not valid'.

So I guess not :/

Guest vertico

Will the google wallet work straight out of the box after applying your rom?

*been away to iphone for most of the year has left my android knowledge along with my G1 (in a graveyard)

Guest Vastis

My Nexus 7 arrived today from the States - unlocked, rooted and modacoed at once.

Regards to Paul from a happy swedish girl!

(and yeah, girls can be geeks too :))

Guest ethicalstrategy

Is there any way to organise the widgets in the widget tray? As soon as I start installing third party apps the tray gets over run with widgets. Being able to group them, either by app or by type would be very useful.

Also, Is there a decent widget for displaying the music library with album art? The Play Library will show you music but not album art (I'm Uk based so can't use Google Music)

Guest meddler

Just tried it and I got an error message: 'Your current payment method is not valid'.

So I guess not :/

Apologies, I made an assumption because I bought mine with through Google Wallet payment so I thought the credit would be good.

Guest meddler

Will the google wallet work straight out of the box after applying your rom?

*been away to iphone for most of the year has left my android knowledge along with my G1 (in a graveyard)

Certainly appeared to work for me. The app is loaded with the $10 credit, I just haven't tried spending the credit yet.

Guest Pondlife

Also, Is there a decent widget for displaying the music library with album art? The Play Library will show you music but not album art (I'm Uk based so can't use Google Music)

The play library shows my album art fine. But oddly not my partners, so thinking it's an file issue rather than problem in the app.

Guest jmagee

Any one having MHL issues? The adapter I have works fine with my phone but my tablet doesn't seem to recognise it at all. I'm slightly concerned as when it was plugged in it did reboot at one point. Am I missing something or is this a possible bug in the ROM?

Or does MHL just not work? Did some searching and it looks like the nexus 7 doesn't support it

Edited by jmagee

Guest Pondlife

Or does MHL just not work? Did some searching and it looks like the nexus 7 doesn't support it

Nope it doesn't work, there isn't an micro sd slot either in case you missed the other main complaint since it was announced.

Guest seamonkey420

Jr5 prebake is now online!

The prebake includes the bottom navigation bar size tweak, but not option which moves it to the right hand side of the device in landscape mode.

P

Love this but one minor issue. Activating Google now in landscape is 'interesting' . Swipe left and then tap on opaque Google circle vs original one swipe up from home button.

Thx again!

Guest vagelis

Love this but one minor issue. Activating Google now in landscape is 'interesting' . Swipe left and then tap on opaque Google circle vs original one swipe up from home button.

Thx again!

Indeed, that is kinda bizarre...

Google Now now is a bit hit and miss in landscape, lol

Edited by vagelis

Guest PaulOBrien
Any one having MHL issues? The adapter I have works fine with my phone but my tablet doesn't seem to recognise it at all. I'm slightly concerned as when it was plugged in it did reboot at one point. Am I missing something or is this a possible bug in the ROM?

No MHL support in JB yet!

P

Guest Fursty Ferret

Sadly, it'll never support MHL due to a hardware limitation.

Frustratingly the ones used at Google I/O had an HDMI port built in!

Guest Eric Schneider

I just flashed my first kitchen rom and loving it so far...has anyone flash a custom kernel yet I tried on cm10 and looped so I don't to start over again.

Guest rferrett

After huge frustrations with rooting yeterday finally got this bad boy on my NX7. Yaya.

I think my misgivings about the 7" form factor were misplaced. It just feels right, though I wonder if maybe 8" would be just about perfect.

Guest PaperLawyer

Paul, this is a fantastic ROM and i may become a member if creating a secure image would allow me to install apps which will not otherwise install on a rooted device?

One problem - the camera launcher will not fire up. I have tried reinstalling the app but no success. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your hard work

Guest slydog43

Paul, I found something wrong with the kitchen, which is great by the way, If I choose not to include the Advanced Power Menu Options, I still get it in the rom. Weird. I just want a rom somewhat normal for a couple that I'm giving 2 nexus 7's to for their wedding gift, and I dont want them to get to recovery (twrp) easily. Any ideas?

Guest PaulOBrien
Paul, I found something wrong with the kitchen, which is great by the way, If I choose not to include the Advanced Power Menu Options, I still get it in the rom. Weird. I just want a rom somewhat normal for a couple that I'm giving 2 nexus 7's to for their wedding gift, and I dont want them to get to recovery (twrp) easily. Any ideas?

Don't select the landscape mod!

P