Jr18 **WiFi** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

Guest PaulOBrien

Franco kernel r37 not work well on Jr13 :-(

Same for me! I replaced it by Trinity kernel for 4.2, ALPHA0 - so far so good. At least it does not hang anymore (as it did on Franco r37 every 15 minutes).

Guest comicbookguy

Same for me! I replaced it by Trinity kernel for 4.2, ALPHA0 - so far so good. At least it does not hang anymore (as it did on Franco r37 every 15 minutes).

franco r37 was a total hang-fest! trying r38 now and will report back..... if its no better i''l move to Trinity at least for the moment

R38 seems much better after a couple of hours use and no hangs....

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest k0nrad

franco r37 was a total hang-fest! trying r38 now and will report back..... if its no better i''l move to Trinity at least for the moment

R38 seems much better after a couple of hours use and no hangs....

Please keep reporting, I tried Franco's r37 too and actually had to recover the whole firmware. Running stock kernel for now.

Guest David Bate

With Franco r37, there was a problem with Interactive. Switching to Ondemand was a temp fix. So far r38 has been running fine on Interactive again.

Guest simhal

This fix has taken a lot longer than i'd have liked to get ready... but finally I have the fix for Google Now in landscape mod mode. I'll be uploading it soon before I issue the next set of prebakes. :)

Hi Paul,

I've just installed Jr13 and this fix doesn't seem to be there. I still get the circle coming up from the bottom (long side) of the screen.

Also, the torch option seems to crash the UI.

Guest jmagee

Hi Paul,

I've just installed Jr13 and this fix doesn't seem to be there. I still get the circle coming up from the bottom (long side) of the screen.

Also, the torch option seems to crash the UI.

Torch? There's no LED. Not sure about the circle, it was fixed but I'm now using menu at the bottom

Guest GedBlake

With Franco r37, there was a problem with Interactive. Switching to Ondemand was a temp fix. So far r38 has been running fine on Interactive again.

Yep... likewise...

Been running franco's r38 kernel for around 24hrs now without problems... and in conjunction with Paul's Jr13 ROM... my Nexus 7 is smooth, slick and sublime.

GED.

Guest comicbookguy

Yep... likewise...

Been running franco's r38 kernel for around 24hrs now without problems... and in conjunction with Paul's Jr13 ROM... my Nexus 7 is smooth, slick and sublime.

GED.

Same here!

Guest David Bate

Yep... likewise...

GED.

Which setting are you using? Interactive?

Guest comicbookguy

Which setting are you using? Interactive?

Interactive here!

Edit: first hang on r38 9.30 tonight

Currently hanging about once a day, and startup load of the launcher is taking forever.

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm back! :)

Paul, hopefully you'll be able to throw in the weather info on the lock screen at some point. It would be a perfect bonus. :)

We Canadians need to have easy access to that weather info, as every 5 steps we take, the weather changes.. :)

Sounds like here! :D

Interactive here!

Edit: first hang on r38 9.30 tonight

Currently hanging about once a day, and startup load of the launcher is taking forever.

Yeah, a few issues with Franco Kernel at the moment perhaps?

P

Guest Barry Hawkes

Forgive me Paul but I don't see the opportunity to choose either Wi-Fi or 3G versions. If I go for prebake option I am offered only one file. Could you point me in the correct direction please.

Guest comicbookguy

I'm back! :)

Sounds like here! :D

Yeah, a few issues with Franco Kernel at the moment perhaps?

P

try being in manchester. no need for a weather app here... always crappy!

if there's no r39 franco i'll test Trinity till jr14

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest Oldbarzo

Hi

Just updated bricked kernal from .55 to .58 and apart from the glitchy lines on boot screen N7 running well and smoothly. Have not checked battery life yet.

Oldbarzo