• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Jr18 **WiFi** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

879 posts in this topic

Posted

Franco kernel r37 not work well on Jr13 :-(

Posted

Franco kernel r37 not work well on Jr13 :-(

Same for me! I replaced it by Trinity kernel for 4.2, ALPHA0 - so far so good. At least it does not hang anymore (as it did on Franco r37 every 15 minutes).

Posted

Hi folks,

How do I update from Jr12 to Jr13?

Do I do any wiping or backing up before installation or after?

Thanks for any advice

:-)

Posted

Always worth banking up and wiping cache and dalvik before installing the new ROM

Posted

Always worth banking up and wiping cache and dalvik before installing the new ROM

Thanks

:-)

Posted (edited)

Same for me! I replaced it by Trinity kernel for 4.2, ALPHA0 - so far so good. At least it does not hang anymore (as it did on Franco r37 every 15 minutes).

franco r37 was a total hang-fest! trying r38 now and will report back..... if its no better i''l move to Trinity at least for the moment

R38 seems much better after a couple of hours use and no hangs....

Edited by comicbookguy

Posted

franco r37 was a total hang-fest! trying r38 now and will report back..... if its no better i''l move to Trinity at least for the moment

R38 seems much better after a couple of hours use and no hangs....

Please keep reporting, I tried Franco's r37 too and actually had to recover the whole firmware. Running stock kernel for now.

Posted

With Franco r37, there was a problem with Interactive. Switching to Ondemand was a temp fix. So far r38 has been running fine on Interactive again.

Posted

This fix has taken a lot longer than i'd have liked to get ready... but finally I have the fix for Google Now in landscape mod mode. I'll be uploading it soon before I issue the next set of prebakes. :)

Hi Paul,

I've just installed Jr13 and this fix doesn't seem to be there. I still get the circle coming up from the bottom (long side) of the screen.

Also, the torch option seems to crash the UI.

Posted

Hi Paul,

I've just installed Jr13 and this fix doesn't seem to be there. I still get the circle coming up from the bottom (long side) of the screen.

Also, the torch option seems to crash the UI.

Torch? There's no LED. Not sure about the circle, it was fixed but I'm now using menu at the bottom

Posted

With Franco r37, there was a problem with Interactive. Switching to Ondemand was a temp fix. So far r38 has been running fine on Interactive again.

Yep... likewise...

Been running franco's r38 kernel for around 24hrs now without problems... and in conjunction with Paul's Jr13 ROM... my Nexus 7 is smooth, slick and sublime.

GED.

Posted

Torch? There's no LED.

That would explain that then. I'll just remove it from the list. Thanks.

Posted

Yep... likewise...

Been running franco's r38 kernel for around 24hrs now without problems... and in conjunction with Paul's Jr13 ROM... my Nexus 7 is smooth, slick and sublime.

GED.

Same here!

Posted

Yep... likewise...

GED.

Which setting are you using? Interactive?

Posted

Interactive.

GED.

Posted (edited)

Interactive here!

Edit: first hang on r38 9.30 tonight

Currently hanging about once a day, and startup load of the launcher is taking forever.

Edited by comicbookguy

Posted

I'm back! :)

Paul, hopefully you'll be able to throw in the weather info on the lock screen at some point. It would be a perfect bonus. :)

We Canadians need to have easy access to that weather info, as every 5 steps we take, the weather changes.. :)

Sounds like here! :D

Interactive here!

Edit: first hang on r38 9.30 tonight

Currently hanging about once a day, and startup load of the launcher is taking forever.

Yeah, a few issues with Franco Kernel at the moment perhaps?

P

Posted

Nexus 7 32Gb Wi-Fi + 3G: Just flashed Jr13 from OEM 4.2.1. Now don't have 3G!!!!

3G network option no longer available in Settings.

Posted

You need to flash the 3G version of the ROM, not the WiFi version.

P

Posted

Forgive me Paul but I don't see the opportunity to choose either Wi-Fi or 3G versions. If I go for prebake option I am offered only one file. Could you point me in the correct direction please.

Posted

3G version is in this topic!

P

Posted

Thank you Paul. You're a star. All now OK.

Posted (edited)

I'm back! :)

Sounds like here! :D

Yeah, a few issues with Franco Kernel at the moment perhaps?

P

try being in manchester. no need for a weather app here... always crappy!

if there's no r39 franco i'll test Trinity till jr14

Edited by comicbookguy

Posted

Hi

Just updated bricked kernal from .55 to .58 and apart from the glitchy lines on boot screen N7 running well and smoothly. Have not checked battery life yet.

Oldbarzo